Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Knights Soccer League

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know why this league was ruled not in good standing with BC Soccer?

What type of ramifications does this have in terms of teams playing in this league?

Nothing on this league's website to say they are not in good standing, are teams being notified at all?

Cheers,

Regs.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know why this league was ruled not in good standing with BC Soccer?

What type of ramifications does this have in terms of teams playing in this league?

Nothing on this league's website to say they are not in good standing, are teams being notified at all?

Cheers,

Regs.
Where does it say the league is not in good standing? BC soccer website ? Link ?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know but I hear the premier division is going to have a very nice pay out for the winner. I've heard its anywhere from $2500-$6000 depending on what they decide teams will pay to join.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Estrella de Chile finished first in the Premier Division this year, but lost to Slovan FC in the Cup final 3-2 on penalties. Yes, FCBytca is still on the Slovan roster.
Don't know how the prize payout works for this.

Div. 1 has another week to go with Cliff Sr. Cobra 2 pts up on the Greencaps. Cliff have to get past Bandcamp"s bunch of geriatrics, while the Greencaps need to beat Man Chest Hair City :rolleyes: and hope that Bandcamp & friends take their Geritol.

Div. 2 has another week to go as well. This is a larger group, so it was split geographically at the river. Favourites to meet in the finals are New West Blues and GN Sporting. Both teams have already clinched their respective sides of the division.

Div. 3 stats are a week behind and a dollar short. With another week to go and Eagles AL up by 5 on their nearest rivals, it's more of a battle for 2nd spot between F.I.S. (skiiers?), Gurps' lads at Temple, and Guildford, with a single point between them all.

Div. 4 is also split north/south, with VAFC Celtic and Surrey Coyotes taking turns hammering everyone else in their respective sections. Expecting to see these two in the final.

Over 35 is a 3-way race between Croatia, Eagles, and FC Serbia, with Croatia up by 1 on the other two, although stats from this past week have not been released yet. Since Eagles and Serbia played in Coquitlam Thursday night, this will definitely have changed.

Over 45 was an experiment for this year. Currently South Delta are up 3 on Romania, but again, stats have not been received yet for this past week.

And everyone's favourite, the Co-ed division is currently owned by Metropolitan FC (although still with 3 weeks to go).

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@trece verde What's up with the divisions in this league? Cliff Cobra can't even win there way out of VMSL Div 3, but are winning Div 1, meanwhile New West Blues in Div 2 appears stacked with players from SU and CMF Premier...

If your lot is having such an easy time in Div 4 are you likely to move up next summer? If so, what division would you aim to move to?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza, I'd love to be able to hold on to the guys from the summer team who are making life easier. One played for Ireland's open team in Nations Cup and from what I'm told, looked pretty comfortable doing so. Unfortunately, he's also in his 3rd year of Engineering and playing varsity ball out of town. Another one is at UVic, and there are a couple of other guys going back to school with heavy course loads that will preclude them from playing through the winter. They come back to town for the summer because they want to play with their friends as well as playing competitively. I believe 3 of them also played for Richmond FC in the RRSL.

I'm hoping that when they're done school, they'll return to play with us through the winter as well. In the meantime, we'll move up to Div. 3 next summer and see how that goes. I'm a patient guy, and if we do this right, we'll have our teams being fed players from the youth part of the club properly for years to come. We've already got more depth as a result of that connection - there are also kids from our club playing for Chile, Twin Arrows, and other teams who will be coming back for the winter.

Re the rest of the league, some of the teams have definitely stacked up for the summer (again, "play with your friends" has a lot of appeal). New West Blues are also the police team, so their turnouts vary with who's off-shift on a particular night. Interesting in the past watching their games with the number of cruisers that just happen to "pull up" fieldside for a few minutes...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We played New West and they were stacked. It was like a Prem team playing a div2 team and ended as so, 8-0. Basso played goal for most of the game and stopped me on 3 breakaways :confused:. They didn't need him playing up front although he eventually made his way up there and proceeded to teach lessons. I recognized a handful of players that used to be on CMF u-21s when we were there ages ago, they have turned out to be some really good players!

@dezza , I think you can enter your team in to whatever division you feel your team is capable of playing. Not much between div1 and div2 this year. Cliff is playing good ball this summer to be ahead of the greencaps.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some updates...
  • Premier: done already as above.
  • Div 1: Cliff won the division by 2 points over Greencaps. Results from the semi-finals haven't been released by the league yet, but the two matchups were between Greencaps & ManChestHair City and between Cliff & Twin Arrows. Winners play in the final on Wednesday.
  • Div 2: Final on Monday at Queen's Park between Blues and GN as predicted above.
  • Div 3: Eagles clinched by 3 points over Temple. Final will be between Eagles and North Delta 91s on Tuesday at Pinewood.
  • Div 4: Celtic and Coyotes won their respective sides of the river, but Coyotes didn't make it to the final after faltering against CCB Westside. Celtic to play Brookside FC at scenic Tom Binnie on Tuesday.
  • Over 35: Croatia did the double, taking the division by 4 points over Eagles, and then beating them in the cup final 4-0 on Thursday at Burnaby Lake.
  • Over 45: honestly not sure what's going on with this group as there haven't been any updates for a month.
  • Co-ed has one week to go and Outkasts have climbed over Met by a point and are 4 up on Aldergrove. Playoffs are next weekend.

Beer&soccer

Jan 4, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eagles vs 91s game postphoned to wed aug 24 game was calles of mintue into 2nd half as player from the 91s suffered a horrible injury

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch. Any idea what happened? Hope the player is okay.

Was there any score in the game at the time?

Div. 1 final was won by Twin Arrows in penalties over Greencaps 1-0.
Div. 2 final was New West Blues 3 GN 2
Div. 4 final Brookside 2 Celtic 0

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts