Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Knights Cup Apologies from ACBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well now we will all see what can happen when you play an ineligable player.
I personaly want to say I am sorry for not checking the story told to me by one certian player who joined my team in late January.
I as many coaches ,did not check with BC soccer when signing a guy who came to a practice and told me he wanted to try out as he had been in Europe for the early part of the season and had just returned and wanted to play.
He was a good player, he filled out the registration formes and we took his picture.
All good,,well he fu#&in lied to me.
He lied to us all...
Seems he was under suspention from the VMSL a Div 2 team where he had been red carded and suspended.
Harry from the Coq Arsenal noticed this or someone brought it to his attention and well we are out of the Cup and this is history.
Too bad for us as we didnt really need the guy either as we were doing fine with wins over Aldergrove and many other quality teams before he came along and bullshitted his way next to us.
Anyways I just wanted to post it here to let all involved and anyone else who gives a shite know that I personally am sorry. You may call me any name you wish as I deserve what ever you call or think of me.
But I can asure you that my intentions were only and always honourable and for the betterment of my team.
My only mistake was to take the word of a stranger and for that I am guilty.
I never in my wildest dreams thought that this call from the league today was coming.
For those who know me personally you know that this is probably the worst thing to happen to me as yesterday was probably the best.
I am ashamed and embarrassed.
With my tournament and my time and effort and exspences, the love i have for this game is now in question.
I will move forward and continue what I love to do and thats be around this game but now I wont be able to hold my head up as high as I once did.
I was proud to say that I am by the book and proud to say my guys were getting better and better amongst all the shite said to us about our uniformes and mittins and well you all know,,a team loved to be hated,and we were cool with that because we were haveing fun.
So to all you coaches,managers and players please check all your players carefully when registering them. As told to me today from the league we are not the ony team who has had this happen to them this year,,we are just the only team where it mattered.
I am sorry to Arsenal,Magpies and to Poco City FC United.
I had no idea.
Good luck in your run for the cup and your chance at beating the Coachmen.

Sincerley
Rich
Athletic Club of BC (ACBC)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse, if your not shittin' us all that's sad news. Really too bad. You guys deserved the win yesterday and giving Arsenal an opportunity at the final is really too bad.

So what happens now? Do we go back and play all the games over that the illegal player played in? Not likely.

Still iffy on whether this is true or not but the Final team to be posted on the FVSL Final day is the team that the Coachmen are playing, so maybe it's true.

Wow! Arsenal better make the most of this opportunity.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quality stuff Rich.

I wouldn't worry about it, I don't think it really reflects badly on you... I'm surprised this actually doesn't happen more often in our leagues - or maybe it does but noone gets caught?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you actually think about this situation, who is in a better position to validate the registration/discipline status of a prospective player. The FVSL league office or a player/coach? BCSA,FVSL and the VMSL should have a database that tracks the history of a player from youth to senior soccer. You pay BC Soccer 35 dollars to register a player and some administration that would prevent this type of situation should come out of that.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys:

This actually does happen in other leagues as well. I had it happen to my team where a guy I trusted swore to me that he hadn't signed to play for anybody else, and then we got nailed for having a double-registered player. It's not happening as frequently any more, as the biggest issue used to be between the VMSL and the WCOTSL - guys playing for one team at 10 in the morning, and playing at 2 in the afternoon for another team (not necessarily on the same day) under a different name, or even with the same name.

Players only started to get caught at this when BCSA started using a database for registrations, and players who had signed multiple registration forms showed up as duplicates. In our old farts league, the first year I can remember 6/7 players being caught this way. The number declined in subsequent years, and since we now have the CAT system between teams in the same club, most of what caused the issue has gone by the wayside.

Boney, to answer your question, the various leagues would all have to have access to the BCSA player database, and actually possess the wherewithal to figure out how to use this. That's (allegedly) part of what Razor is supposed to be doing for the VMSL. The problem arises, when you have to enter large numbers of players all at once (beginning of season, transfer deadline, etc.) - when BCSA used to send out the names of players who had infringed on this, it wasn't until January, because that's how long it took them to update their information.

Maybe when we get a way to register directly online with BCSA, this won't be as much of an issue any more, but you'll still have guys playing around suspensions in alternate leagues by using different names.:mad:

Trece

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse

Isnt that the blond guy that scored two goals against us (aldergrove) - the penalty shot and the last goal?

Cantuzzi

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this going to affect any of your regualar season wins or did this player just play in your cup run?

Either way it sucks your team is screwed because of the actions of one player.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
No thats our number 9 ,the kid who ate you guys up,this guy is just a div 2 vmsl regular,,thats what erks me,he isnt even a starter...what also bugs me ,,its not like we had to have him ,or he came from premier or div 1,,he was just a div 2 guy who played 30 mins or so. he did play a couple of league games for a few minutes too,,those teams are being awarded points for their win now but it wont affect the standings at all ,,Nationals and i forget who the other team is right now.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that I have had time to reflect and get some sleep,,,Why is this rule in effect,,I was told it was so teams could not bring in ringers,,before I go any farther here I want to say I am not makeing any excuses and we are out. I am just trying to understand what happened because as you probably know I am pretty shacken up over this.
But my only feelings here are ,,,this guy was not a starter and was not a ringer and he came from a div 2 league,,this was a guy who lied to me and to the league,,yes I should have looked into it but for crying out loud who does look into shite like this when a nobody comes out and says id like to play soccer...If he was a star then we all would have known him or have heard of him..hes just a regular div 2 guy. he didnt stand out,,,So I am kinda choked the way this was handeled and I also heard Arsenal new of this before the game and didnt say anything to me. they waited to see the out come of the game and that is down right bull shite.
If you cant beat them on the field then beat them off.
and thats what they did,Arsenal beat us off.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
G,

I'm sorry for your loss, but this must be pointed out...

If you cant beat them on the field then beat them off. and thats what they did,Arsenal beat us off.
It's a win win for everyone. :D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ghouse said:
Now that I have had time to reflect and get some sleep,,,Why is this rule in effect,,I was told it was so teams could not bring in ringers,,before I go any farther here I want to say I am not makeing any excuses and we are out. I am just trying to understand what happened because as you probably know I am pretty shacken up over this.
But my only feelings here are ,,,this guy was not a starter and was not a ringer and he came from a div 2 league,,this was a guy who lied to me and to the league,,yes I should have looked into it but for crying out loud who does look into shite like this when a nobody comes out and says id like to play soccer...If he was a star then we all would have known him or have heard of him..hes just a regular div 2 guy. he didnt stand out,,,So I am kinda choked the way this was handeled and I also heard Arsenal new of this before the game and didnt say anything to me. they waited to see the out come of the game and that is down right bull shite.
If you cant beat them on the field then beat them off.
and thats what they did,Arsenal beat us off.

I'm pretty sure you aren't trying to be funny, but that last line is worth a chuckle...

Anyway, my sympathies to you guys and the situation you're in. We've always made it very clear to players signing with us that they cannot be signed by anyone else on a BCSA form. That still hasn't stopped 1 or 2 from subsequently signing with a second team... I don't know if it's stupidity on the players' part, or just them not expecting to get caught, but it ends up looking bad on all involved.

I'm actually surprised you've allowed this player to remain anonymous. Assuming he joined your team to circumvent his suspension in the VMSL, it seems like he's worthy of a blacklisting...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Al Omerovic
Check him out if you wish,,I didnt want to get into this part,but if you must know.

dirtysanchez

Jan 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa,

What's lower?

A. The bloke who lied and played illegally
B. Ghouse moaning about his feelings online and then naming the illegal player
C. Arsenholes for moaning and telling on ACBC to the FVSL for a playing a plumber
D. This post

You're all a bunch of women IMO. Its not the bleeding World Cup and no money is on the line. But I guess you're right, its the principle.

Have at 'er.......

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ghouse said:
Al Omerovic
Check him out if you wish,,I didnt want to get into this part,but if you must know.

VMSL - CURRENT DISCIPLINE

2006-2007 SEASON

as of 2007-03-19

OMEROVIC, Alimir FC Sandzak 2 2007-02-09 2 Games $20

Too bad.....does the player receive a further ban/fine?

BB

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see the VMSL banning him further, but the FVSL may wish to do so...

We had a player sign with Bosna after the transfer deadline, play a game, and get caught. He's now suspended indefinitely... But that may be because he didn't bother to show up to his discipline hearing :rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If he would have paid the $20 buck to the VMSL would he have been eligable to play, shitt I am sure the beer kitty can handle that.

Probably got the 2 games for yapping, I would go after some of the thin skinned refs in the VMSL like walks and rene, hi rene, they caused this whole thing, it is allways the refs fault.

hos

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the FVSL is doing about this is:

1) ACBC is out of the cup
2) Port Moody Magpies vs. Poco City United (young vs. old) on this Friday night
3) Winner of Magpies vs. United to play Coquitlam City Arsenholes next week, mid-week for the honour of taking on JTL and the Dewdney Coachmen the following weekend

Right or wrong, the league decided to give all the teams 'cheated' :confused: a chance to move forward in the cup again.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bitter_cabbage said:
What the FVSL is doing about this is:

1) ACBC is out of the cup
2) Port Moody Magpies vs. Poco City United (young vs. old) on this Friday night
3) Winner of Magpies vs. United to play Coquitlam City Arsenholes next week, mid-week for the honour of taking on JTL and the Dewdney Coachmen the following weekend

Right or wrong, the league decided to give all the teams 'cheated' :confused: a chance to move forward in the cup again.

No they didn't Rams are going to get in on this to.....

Magpies blow...hey Mag17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0