Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier khalsa

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannibal

Jul 31, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
clueless

anyone in their right mind knows that Indo players and Khalsa players just don't click. I can't see any Indo players leaving for the 96ers.
Khalsa, i'm sure will be scouring the Indian community for players.
We'll have to see what kind of players come about on the payroll.

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How can you say Indo and Khalsa don't click? There were 6 Indo boys on the Khalsa PCL squad.

I think Khalsa will have a strong starting 11 but depth might be a problem. Any news on a Khalsa cat team?

cannibal

Jul 31, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
khalsa???

Of those players that you mentioned as Indo players, their are only one or two who are actually Indo players. The other four players are originally Khalsa, but wanted to play premier so played for Indo the last couple seasons. They will always be Khalsa players.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: khalsa, why new thread, daja vu of 96ers last year

Originally posted by star #1
With Khalsa entering the picture in premier, what indo players will be going over to play with Parm????

Last year someone started a 96er thread because they had signed a few ex-premier players, now the 96ers join with Khalsa and they get their own thread again.

Regs, can every team have their own thread?

How about this one "The Don't Cry to the Ref, Argentina" Thread or "Light My Fire, Fireman" Thread or the best "Where did my Sister Sleep last Night, Slurrey" Thread

HOSjustjokingknvb
Iknowwhereyoursisterslept:eek:

D

dipperripper

I really believe Khalsa will surprise a lot of teams. Parm is ensure that the team is extremely fit and a lot of the PCSL guys are staying with the team

This is a team to watch out for

Khalsa

Aug 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been watching Khalsa play all year, I attended their first practice too. This is my opinion on the team. They will definitley be on the top 4 in the league. This is there lineup of players from the first training and stories i have heard.

Reasons:

Goalie: (rumors)

Didar Sandhu
Steve London

Defence:
Finals MVP Harry Sandhu will sweep for the team, he is looking fit and fast. Harry's experience will be key for this team. Harry is known for his thunderous kick and leadership abilities. A force to reckon with.

Raju Chohan
Had a great PCL campaign and is an outstanding player that can virtually play anywhere. He will make a name for himself in the league this year.

Jesse Dhami
A great defender and a hard tackler. Even though he will be with SfU for the first half, he will be a welcome addition after december. Jesse will most likley be the key to SFU's defence this year.

Harbinder Chohan
Probably one of the best defenders in the indo canadian community steps into the premier league. He pace and ability to push forward will be key for Khalsa. Also a very hard hitter.

Midfield:
Matt Mori
Simply a awesome player with tremdous speed and strength. He will hold the middle together. Mori can do everything, hit , score, and lead by example.

Anil Bilin
A khalsa veteran that plays with heart and a great deal of determination, he will also help mori in midfield.

Bob Thorton
A passionate player that is very fit and talkative. Even though he had a injury plagued season, he will be a dominant figure for the khalsa 96ers.

Ivor Evans:
The fijian flash is always a threat, even at his age he can skin guys left and right. I think he will surprise many, Ivor has been waiting to play in the premier for a while. He will finally get his chance.

Forwards:

Ian Sneddon
Even though everyone thinks hes finshed and over weight. I saw sneddon train that day, he looks determined and willing to train. I guess everyone listens to parm:D . We all know that sneddon can score.

Marcello Giuonto:
Argentinas leading goal scorer, his pace and moves will be a great addition to the team.

So far this is all i know about the team, but u have to admit not a bad team, with alot more additons coming, trust me some big names too, so what do u guys say now, will they suck or do good, i think they have an awesome chance.

waiting for your opinions

Khalsa?????????????????

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Khalsa

Finals MVP Harry Sandhu is known for his thunderous kick and leadership abilities.

And i thought it was his beer consumption he was known for???:confused: :rolleyes:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes i agree wit "khalsa" that they will have a really really strong team this year.... but do you know how strong their bench is going to be? like what players they will have other than those players?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting breakdown of the players Khalsa. You ask for opinions as to how the team will fare this season and I will give you mine. Firstly, it is always interesting to read biographies (opinions) on players as seen through the eyes of others. No matter how you cut it, the opinions expressed by the believers and the naysayers will always contain some bias. You have acknowledged this by asking others for their opinion, so good on you.

As to the team, they all seem like quality players, but here's the problem, and the most common one at that; Will they actually form a team? A team that plays for one another, sacrifices for one another, not filled with superstars, but some real workhorses that are willing to sacrifice some glory for the benefit of the team. Over the years, and there have been quite a few, I have seen countless synopsis' of teams and their players and the expectations for the coming season, only to end in disappointment. I feel it is always premature to rate players like you have, because it can come back to haunt you. They seem like great players but before you start calling them such, they will have some proving to do.

Also, when and if there are players on the payroll, so-to-say, it will always lead to a disappointing, or more appropriate, a rather unfulfilling season. I would suggest that the potential is there for Khalsa to have a good season, but I would be more reserved with a quiet confidence. It's always the best way.

I just felt like lecturing tonight.:rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep both these Keepers Happy

Originally posted by Khalsa

Goalie: (rumors)

Didar Sandhu
Steve London

Two of the top two Keepers in the league over the last few years (Except for Wicks of Wetside), I think these guys were the two keepers for the Whitecaps a few years back. I don't think these two young goalies would play together and split time, but stranger things have happened.

Rumor, I have heard is London going to Fireman, which would put them in the heat of things for Promotion this year. I think they are on the same side as Clan, which could make an interesting race to the top, much like last year.

I did not see Sipo's or his brothers names on that list, were they not part of the 96ers success last year.

HOS likes the khalsa talk, it takes away from all the other teams that have not started training yet.:eek:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good skill and speed... BUT as the Ballbaby said:
Will they actually form a team? A team that plays for one another, sacrifices for one another, not filled with superstars, but some real workhorses that are willing to sacrifice some glory for the benefit of the team.
Hhhhmmm?????
Harry, Sneds and Ivor can chalk with the best of them, but are they willing to be commited week in and week out???

My prediction is they will finish mid table and scramble for one of the last BC spots... They will beat some quality teams, but let down and drop points to the bottom feeders... If they get into the Provincials watch out, but they have to play ALL season and not have players away here and there... (ie) That Jessie lad you are on about being the star @ SFU, maybe by Christmas they will be out of the running??? Games in September, October and November are worth the same amount as the so called "Big Games" in March and April!!! I am not too convinced that everyone in that camp are aware of that???:rolleyes:

BTW, why would London leave Peg (in his back yard) to play for a promoted team from Div. 1???
Good Luck;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, why would London leave Peg (in his back yard) to play for a promoted team from Div. 1???
To get in the fire department, numbnuts :rolleyes:

Stevie is going to Firemen, who by the way, are now owned by SFC as posted a couple of months ago.

To stay on topic, Khalsa will stay up but they will not challenge for the championship.

~Regs.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs

London would go to Khalsa to get into the fire department???
To get in the fire department, numbnuts
Why???:rolleyes:
Does Parm have his fingers in our Fire Services now???:eek:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

I have not seen the movie but I have heard many things about it and it really does hit home. I will try and see it if I can spare a fricken minute. I hardly have time to post on here anymore.

To stay on topic, I believe Khalsa will be playing in the VMSL Premier next year. :rolleyes: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts