Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kevin Pipe Canned

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
About time, I must say... How this guy kept on the job for all this time is shocking. But with Linford and Montagliani in their first year at the helm, we should look forward to more bold moves such as this. Let's see who they hire next and who the head coach will be.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kapitan:

They don't make an ironic smiley-face big enough to cover the facetiousness of your last statement. My first reaction was to check the calendar and make sure it wasn't April Fools Day again...

All I can say is thank fcuk the bastard's gone!!! It's about fcukin' time somebody grew a set of baws and realized what a gross disservice to the game and its players in this country His Grand Ineptness was doing. The only negative thing I can say about this move is that it should have been done 20 years ago.

Linford and Vic running the show? Scary thoughts indeed, since Vic's only a hairbreadth removed from TTP...right, Hose (and the rest of the Columbus guys...)?

Hopefully this is a good start - let's see if they can get rid of the rest of the deadwood that's been holding back the CSA for the past eon. Remember, 1986 in St. John's WAS 20 years ago, and it really has been that long since Canada had a decent showing in the men's game. Can we get rid of Pelleruud too, before he completely backs the women's program out of contention?:mad:

Trece

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things are now looking up, although they still have a chance to screw up with whoever they hire as coach, but so far, so good.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is quite the shock. We all know it shouldn't be but... WOW!

Great Fricken News!!!

akabaggio

Oct 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
'bout time indeed, the big question, who will fill in? A name or a person with an actual reputation of building programs - either inside or outside of this country? Unfortunatley I can see them making a lateral move ,or worse, hiring someone ho's played the game but not a lot else. Hiring good administrators with contacts in the game is where the priority should be, but let downs in the Canadian game seem to continue as politics rules decisions not outcomes

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The man for the job is John Catliff.
He is a Harvard Grad and has steered Umbro and Helley Hansen to bigger things in business.
He knows the game, has the respect of the players and coaches and is good with the Media.

Your thoughts?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree on the business front. HH progressed from a stuffy, yuppy (but quality) brand to cool and hip for the younger crowd while maintaining quality and market share in traditional markets. They've become a player in other arenas than their traditional markets.

I hope with this firing comes an infusion of cash into the Men's program.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jigsaw said:
The man for the job is John Catliff.
He is a Harvard Grad and has steered Umbro and Helley Hansen to bigger things in business.
He knows the game, has the respect of the players and coaches and is good with the Media.

Your thoughts?
JC certainly has the track record it seems but I suppose the question would be does he have the necessary connections to Corporate Canada? (I don't know what he is up to these days perhaps GC can comment here)

What about Gary Bettman? CSL franchises in every city! Televised games on HGTV! :D

Would Kerfoot be interested? Jigsaw, you must know something about him and if he would be a good candidate...

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unbelievable. Everyone knew this had to be done but no one expected it would ever happen. This guy has finally been held accountable for the mess our men's National team is in. The subsequent decisions the CSA has to make now, including Pipe's role, the TD, and the head coach, will shape this country's soccer position for years to come. At least they've hit the nail right on the head in publicly stating that we need to bring someone on board long-term that has the ability to connect to the corporate sponsorship world. Stay tuned to see if they get it right on all fronts. Kerfoot would be an absolute slam dunk.

You have to wonder just how Pipe finally got called out. I think it's more than a coincidence that history will show that big Vic enters the CSA and then Kevin Pipe exits the CSA. Even though Vic has recently been accused of morphing into one of the CSA suits (tough to envision Vic with an English accent and a comb-over), it seems to me that his much revered trail blazing style, which opened a lot of eyes both inside and outside the CSA inner circle, ultimately played a role in getting Pipe clipped. If that is the case, a big well done to Vic.

As Pesch said, we needed someone to come into the CSA, knock some heads, and run things properly. We don't need a COO that negotiates a $600 sponsorship for some jogging shoes. As Andrea Neil said, we need like-minded people with the right energy in these important positions at the CSA. Sounds like we need to appoint a few more Vic's.

We are officially rebuilding the program and now there is finally some hope!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like a slam dunk for the next "Up Front" show Reedie. I'm sure you can find another muppet to ride shotgun. KNVB? Think about it...instead of "Up Front w/ Reed & Thomo", it can be "Up Front w/ Reed and Homo".

Just some thoughts...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's more than a coincidence that history will show that big Vic enters the CSA and then Kevin Pipe exits the CSA.
100% agreed.

We should do a special UPFRONT episode and get Pesch on the phone - remember his comments about coming back to Canada with his wife who could also be an excellent candidate...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, how does everyone feel this morning? I'm on cloud nine with the thought and realistic hope that we can now look forward to positive changes, and maybe one day watching Canada play live in a World Cup!

Not to mix in politics, but many people in business will agree...same feeling I had here in BC the day the NDP were tossed from Government...like a big black cloud had parted (at least for the business community).

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's the positive 'vibe' that is going to result from this on all fronts that to me is the key in this development. Even if Pipe wasn't to blame 100% for all of the CSA's short-comings, he certainly was 'the face' that people like to point at.

Removal of that 'face' is seemingly having a profound affect on people's outlook for Canada Soccer.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by: Reedy
You have to wonder just how Pipe finally got called out.
I guess the CSA actually listened to Up Front!:)

Well done Reedy, Regs and Niall Fcuking Thompson!!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0