Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Keith Watts

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of us are trying to get definitive confirmation but there is word that Keith Watts passed away this weekend in Ireland :(

It's a sad day indeed if Keith has left us, his legacy at SFU should always be remembered.

Regs.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got this email yesterday.

Dear Alumni and Friends/Supporters of SFU Men's Soccer,

It is with great sadness that I write to inform you of the passing of Keith Watts. Keith was the second, and longest serving coach, of our SFU men's soccer program. He is a man who has influenced hundreds of peoples lives and part of why many of us are where we are today. Keith passed away in Ireland on Friday and his family are over there now laying him to rest. His family would like to hold an event here in Vancouver to commensurate his life on their return to Canada.

I will pass on information as soon as I know more. The university will be putting an official release on this sad news later today or early tomorrow morning.

Sincerely,

Alan Koch
Head Coach - Men's Soccer
Simon Fraser University

RIP

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very sad. Got to know Keith over the years and also when Jim Easton, Sr was JV coach and I assisted him.

We had some funny stories and events during those two years.

He certainly was not old by today's standards.

Sean Watts

Feb 26, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello everyone

It's been 2 1/2 years since Dad passed and I've only just come across this site now. Thanks for all of the kind messages about Dad. We will always be proud of his accomplishments and contributions to family and soccer. Fittingly, a soccer field adjoins his resting place in Ireland; a place that was always very dear to him and where he met Mum in the 1950's. SFU put on a fantastic memorial, including the following link: http://vimeo.com/31261116

Sincerely,
Sean

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello everyone

It's been 2 1/2 years since Dad passed and I've only just come across this site now. Thanks for all of the kind messages about Dad. We will always be proud of his accomplishments and contributions to family and soccer. Fittingly, a soccer field adjoins his resting place in Ireland; a place that was always very dear to him and where he met Mum in the 1950's. SFU put on a fantastic memorial, including the following link: http://vimeo.com/31261116

Sincerely,
Sean
Sean
Your Dad was a great friend to me.
I am sorry that I could not make it to the service at SFU. I was on a trip with my University Soccer Team.
I'm sure that your Dad would understand.
I played for his team when I first came over to Canada and we worked together many times after that coaching together.
He came to England with me in 1986, when we took the BC Team over.
Quality man in every way.
Look after your Mam.

Sean Watts

Feb 26, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the replies. Ma is in good hands. My cousin was in his hospital room moments before he passed and she placed her mobile to his ear and I said what a proud son says to a wonderful father. Hearing is one of the last things to go, so I'm satisfied he heard me. I promised him we'd take care of Ma. I like to think I eased his journey because Ma said he let go 10 minutes later. We had a wonderful Irish wake for him back at the house and I slipped a can of Kilkenny Ale in with him before the funeral. :) Cheers and thanks again.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0