Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Keeper's Battle

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took the meat of this post from an email that was sent to me because it explains the situation very well.

A bit of a sombre post here, but I just wanted to let all of you know that Marcus (Keeper, as he's known here) is in the middle of some very serious health issues. He has a liver disease - a slow, incurable, and progressive autoimmune disease, which attacks the bile ducts causing obstructions both inside and outside of the liver.

They subsequently discovered a tumour and he was to go under the knife to have half his pancreas, bile duct, gall bladder, duodenum, and the tumor removed. Unfortunately when they opened him up they discovered the cancer had spread and so he is now looking at chemotherapy.

Marcus is a long time Westside player, husband and new father. As I told him in an email, I've always admired his courage and bravery in the nets (as, I'm sure, do a lot of you who've played against him over the years) and I know he will be on here soon so I hope everyone can wish him well with his treatment and recovery.

Go get 'em Marcus!

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My best wishes to Keeper...Markus is well know around here...and ...every game he played ... he gave everything to win...he loves competition...

KEEPER...MARCUS... This one is a high level competition...and...you surely can be a...

[size=+2]W I N N E R[/size]

Sincerely,

Mr. Rempa

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW.

Here's hoping that everything goes well and that one day we can share a laugh about German efficiency!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very hard news to hear. Keeper, I wish you all the best in your battle. You have to know that there is an entire soccer community here supporting you with well wishes and hoping you bring home the 3pts with your grit, determination and your big heart.

WH

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, Keeper, all the best. I'm so sorry to hear the news. We're all pulling for you and we all look forward to you beating this. Keep your chin up!

Dan Jones

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocking news which really puts things in perspective. I'm really sorry to hear this, Marcus. Best of luck and we will all be cheering for you, man.

Steve

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awful news, mate. I’m so sorry to hear. Mine and my families best wishes to you.

Be strong.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marcus,

Where Bayern didn't win bugger all this year, I have every confidence you will :) Wishing you and your family the very best.

Godspeed, mate.

TB

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper...I'm very sorry to hear this. Here's hoping you draw on all your strength to win this battle.

As said above, Godspeed.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch.

Keeps:

I know we've had differences on here before, but when you hit a life-challenging experience like this, all that nonsense goes out the window.

All the best, man. My family and I wish you all the luck that's possible.

Trece Verde

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marcus,

I can honestly say that if anyone can win this challenge it is you. You have the heart of a lion. Best wishes.

SP

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marcus:

Too close to my heart at the moment with this awful thing we call cancer.
My father has something similar.
He has fought this for almost a year now.
It's been hard but after two removal operations and radiation, the last CT scan came back clean.
We are by no means out of the weeds but the tide is changing.

Go at it hard man - This thing can be beaten.

Warmest regards,

FR aka RF

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marcus,

Take care and get yourself well.

I'm pulling for you my German brother.

Rob

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very hard news to hear. Keeper, I wish you all the best in your battle. You have to know that there is an entire soccer community here supporting you with well wishes and hoping you bring home the 3pts with your grit, determination and your big heart.

WH

Marcus - I think this post speaks for many, many people. All the best.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We, the Beernuts, had the honour of having Keeper inbetween the sticks for a game in the beginning of the Season as he and Kristina planned to be a 'Nut fulltime...

We, the Beernuts, wish you and your family all the best during this very trying time and we feel very confident that you will win this fight!!

All the best Marcus

Melanie

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marcus,

Brew & I wish the best for you and your family. Stay strong and stay positive...the mind is a powerful tool. You can beat this!

Brew & Besty

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks everyone.

As the days have passed since returning from hospital, my energy and wake-time has increased allowing me to get back to common world, bit by bit. Family support has been amazing these past weeks and the kind words we've been receiving from friends really make you realize the things you'll never take for granted again. It really shows you what the important things in life are all about.

So, thanks for that, and thanks for all your kind wishes.

Cheers -- the battle has just begun!

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn glad to see you posting here.....why doesnt it surprise me that this is the only place to get a hold of you? ;)
It's a real blow to hear news like this about a long time teammate and friend but it's not about us at all. All the best to you and your new family from Alice and I and our expected and let me know if there's anyhting I can do at all. Even if it's walking your dogs.
Stay strong and we'll see you at the pitch so we can compare notes about our kids....altho nothing will ever beat your birthing story.
Chin up!

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marcus, I had no idea until just today about this thread. As a fellow westsider, and a very good mate I wish you all the best and I have all the confindence in the world that you'll be fine. I've known you for too long, and therefore know your commitment to all things, and that's why I have'nt a shadow of a doubt that we'll be on the field doing battle once again real soon. See you at the next O'30s 7 aside for sure.

Lee (the one with the bad corner flag)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0