Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kadri hit on Sedin

Did Kadri deserve to be suspended?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Kadri lays a head shot on Sedin and gets no further punishment than the penalty minutes within the game.

Fair or unfair? Should he have been suspended?

Vote and Discuss

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bullshit hit. I was at the game. 19th row behind the net at the end the incident took place. Kadri had a couple attempts before landing that one. Intent was there.

Pay backs a bitch. I cancelled my staff christmas dinner as i had it originaly booked for the Saturday nucks are at home against the leafs.

I hate Toronto but they are doing the right things that will pay off in the years to come.

Marner has some hands. Viratnen looks lost

Trymakin looked great.

Side note. What a difference in atmosphere at the ACC compared to the graveyard canucks play in.

The 15 year old girl that sang the anthem killed it.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im a Leafs fan and I think he should be suspended. Sedan was in a vulnerable position. I didn't like it and Kadri is a bit of a dummy. I will say the hit by Dorsett on Matt Martin from behind was the fuse.

As much as people are gonna hate on Martin for fighting a young rookie (it was wrong - totally), the choice of retribution by Dorsett set the tone, dropping the gloves with Komarov who has had only 1 fight in his entire NHL career ESPECIALLY when he chickened out of a fight with Martin after the hit. Both gutless decisions but both equally stupid.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't leave the ice. Contact was the shoulder not the head... legal hit without a doubt. Only thing wrong with it was the extra few steps. Charging penalty was spot on.

Watch big buffs top 10 hits and then we can chat about this as the Sedins are both SWAFT.

Attachments

• IMG_0655.PNG
    IMG_0655.PNG
    602.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note before someone gives the old "blind side hit" comment. Blind side hits are not illegal FYI.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, read that this morning, and was like, WTF? How could they have removed that wording?

I do have my staff Christmas party that night. I'm going to have to have them put up a TV in the private dining room at the Loden, or there will be one unhappy staff.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have connections at the Loden, I can hook you up if you like

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kadri could have hit him square on the side but he didn't, he went for a dirty hit at the head, no question about it. But because his aim is as good as the rest of the Leafs, he missed.

Intent to injure alone is worthy of suspension.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have connections at the Loden, I can hook you up if you like

All good; we do a lot of business there, so pretty sure they'll accommodate if asked, and the room we're in has the capability. We've held meetings in that one before.

Thanks though. Crossfitters are nice.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All good; we do a lot of business there, so pretty sure they'll accommodate if asked, and the room we're in has the capability. We've held meetings in that one before.

Thanks though. Crossfitters are nice.

Just nice? Can't they be sporty too?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda: no. God didn't intend it that way, so it isn't so. I do not expect you to understand.

@akslop: no. Not with your skill-set, anyhow. But the Loden is nice, we try to do things right here at Dude Inc.

Everything is nice, except the cheap shot on Danny. Convenient interpretation of the rule book aside, that wasn't nice at all. Someone should tell the league office. "That wasn't nice!".

Which of course sounds like something my dear mum used to say to me, watching me play. Every other parent would be cheering maniacally for their son. My Mum? In a soft voice only I could hear from the pitch, "Don't spit, it's rude."

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kadri could have hit him square on the side but he didn't, he went for a dirty hit at the head, no question about it. But because his aim is as good as the rest of the Leafs, he missed.

Intent to injure alone is worthy of suspension.

The Canucks bias Dan Murphy just tweeted contact was to the shoulder not the head and the check was clean.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Every way I look at this hit, I can't see it being considered "clean" in today's NHL.

It was predatory.

Times have changed in the NHL. Remember when Stevens hit Lindros? We all thought that was clean. It would never fly today. This was very much the same way in that the hitter has the puck carrier in a vulnerable position (process of shooting).

Sorry Franny, I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible, but this does look like head-hunting. It anything, he should be suspension based on case history and obvious intent. The committee is there for player safety, and they failed to act.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts