Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Joel Waterman signs with Montreal Impact

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Joel Waterman is the first CPL -> MLS transfer.

It's been a real grind for him, starting I think in youth with Aldergrove before moving to Surrey United and graduating to play University soccer with TWU during which time he headed down in summer 2016 to Kitsap to play PDL, followed by summers with TSS and then Foothills (where he won the PDL Championship). Finally he gets drafted by Cavalry of CPL and wins the league with them.

Now his boss is Thierry Henry.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is fantastic and a real credit to Cavalry (and of course all his previous clubs), as they provided the final professional push and pathway for him. If he does well there, surely more MLS squads will take notice and start looking North.

Or is that too crazy a dream?

Been saying for a long time, kids signing HG contracts w/ the Whitecaps is a kiss of death. I don't buy for one minute the quality of kids getting into their academy and development pathway are significantly lower- if at all- than other MLS clubs, but the Caps seem better than most at burying them. Maybe now with Bair getting a chance (and I actually didn't see him as their best, but apparently his work-rate and attitude was great), they will start making more efforts to graduate other into the 1st team.

Baldissimo has all but disappeared from the radar.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very happy for him and his family!
My oldest played with him in that SU team that was Canadian U16 Champion. Joel didn't have any breaks coming his way and fought hard to accomplish all that he did.
Real example to all that even if you are not one of the seleceted few youth players that our local "experts" deem worthy, with drive and effort your talent can be recognized. Will be following his career and keep hooting for him.

Way to go, Joel!

Spankmemanky

Apr 18, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solid kid, solid family ....& he is the poster child for not drinking the WC PUNCH....working class ethic through and through

played On the same u11-u18 team as Connor Hildebrand.... another gem waiting on a chance....hey PACIFIC FC he’s here for the taking.... hope you saw that volley and tackle of your 6’5 centre back....WC blackballed him because he wouldn’t sign forms saying they developed him therefore they get the transfer fee.....Caleb Clark

Id love to see the stats for MLS HG player retention, money paid by parents to minutes played in first team.

I will go on record saying the WC probably have made the most $ for the least minutes played.... probably on the planet.

when you factor in the franchise is worth $100 million more than when they bought it.....charlatans the lot

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solid kid, solid family ....& he is the poster child for not drinking the WC PUNCH....working class ethic through and through

played On the same u11-u18 team as Connor Hildebrand.... another gem waiting on a chance....hey PACIFIC FC he’s here for the taking.... hope you saw that volley and tackle of your 6’5 centre back....WC blackballed him because he wouldn’t sign forms saying they developed him therefore they get the transfer fee.....Caleb Clark

Id love to see the stats for MLS HG player retention, money paid by parents to minutes played in first team.

I will go on record saying the WC probably have made the most $ for the least minutes played.... probably on the planet.

when you factor in the franchise is worth $100 million more than when they bought it.....charlatans the lot

This is an awesome quote. I'd be interested in learning that, too. I just know that you are as good off signing for Blackhole FC as you are Whitecaps FC. It's about the same if you are a HG type player. Your career stagnants unless you are so good- a la Alphonso Davies- and a can't miss type prospect. He didn't need developing, he just needed to play, and play a lot to allow his natural abilities to shine in the shop window. Any half brained TD could have seen that, and I wouldn't want to accuse Robo of having much more than half a brain.

@YoAdrian, go get stuck in on the Island, yah wee little twat.

lfc4

Sep 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
One bit of Joel's bio missing here is a dozen or so games he played for Langley over a couple of seasons. Great kid, unpretentious to a tee, and although I don't think we taught him much, we did introduce him to post game festivities that were a touch different than TWU's.

I asked Joel a couple days ago what it was like the first time he met Thierry. 'Pretty dope' was the simple reply I got. Awesome, and I have a new bookmark and favorite MLS team to follow!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts