Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jim Rome Show

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone listen to this show through-out the day? He just went on a Banglas rant and how Cory Dillon (that's the RUNNING back for the Banglas Fastshow) and how he got ripped off for $200grrr by a dodgy Ferrari Salesman.

Hilarious.

Is best stuff are his chiropractor tears.

Out.

Foot-in-mouth

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple weeks back....

When a Clone from Calgary/Edmonton called in describing some sports female celebrity showing her "moose toe".

I have heard it described as Camal Toes before, but it takes an Albertan to come up with MOOSE toe

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bungles will do. As for Jim Rome, he is funny. I remember the time when he ripped into a male cheerleader on TB Bucs cheer team because he was injured when he slipped on a wet day. The guy ended up in hospital and was complaining about the fact that none of the Bucs visited him in the hospital. You can imagine how Rome went off on this guy, with plenty of laughter and sarcasm included. I was busting a gut every time Rome mentioned the guys name.....

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Romey

The only think I dont like on his Radio show is that he will say the same thing over and over for 15 minuts....
I was listening when he was ranting about the incident with Sprewell and he went on and on about the chick puking on the boat

but he does have great guests and he knows his stuff

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The very best was when he was ripping into some kid (male) who lobbied to play girls field hockey in high school. Why? Because there was no boys field hockey team. Better yet, this kid sucked so bad, he didn't even make the Junior squad and was placed w/ the JVs!

"Imagine being this kid's dad? What can be more humiliating, besides having a boy who plays soccer..."

Love it! He managed to fit in a soccer blast while slagging the kid for wanting to play girls field hockey!

Some of the clone stuff can get mundane, but he gets by far the best guests, and conducts the best interviews.

War Moose Knuckles,

Dude.

K

K Soze

The Pimp In The Box

I have been a day long listener of the Jungle since its Canadian premier. Let's just say that it has made the first three hours of my job less crappy. I can't even begin to quote examples of his takes, most are good and some are bloody tearful. I especially love his "passion" for soccer. His Yank attitude towards my #1 sport is so sad that its f'n hilarious. He mentioned a team in Madagascar scored 149 own goals in protest over a referee's decision. CLASSIC.

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Jungle

Ditto Sillyrabbit's take. Romey manages to pack an hour long show into three hours by repeating himself. Also, some of his clones are pathetic with their minute long "takes" that are so obviously scripted. Where's Jim Everett when you need him?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yesterday and today were great examples of why Jim Rome has become as successful as he is.

As much as the clones become mundane, as much as it gets tiresome to listen to all the “smack”, and as much as he sometimes gets way too far off the topic of sports, he will consistently come up with a cracker of an interview that leaves you wanting more.

Today he ran a repeat of an interview he conducted yesterday. The interviewees were a couple of Ohio State high school football coaches, and the subject was a student athlete named Jake Porter. Jake is a mentally handicapped kid who attends one of the schools. The story was about how Jake has been so well accepted and treated in the school, and how he has made a lasting impression on the community. Apparently, Jake is heavily involved in the football program, and helps out with the day-to-day tasks of running a team (getting water, helping w/ equipment, etc…). He also practices every day with the team, participating in non-contact drills. Apparently the kid is just happy to be involved, and gives 100% every day. Unfortunately, because of his condition, he can’t take part in contact drills or games because of the risk of further injury.

To make a long story short, the coach of Jake’s team approached the opposition coach the week of the game, and expressed his desire to get Jake in on a play, and let him take a knee. No contact. The opposing coach agreed to this after meeting Jake. Well, the game progressed, and Jake’s team was getting hammered 45-0 by this rookie opposition coach (who is also the defensive co-coordinator of the team). The game almost over, the time comes up for Jake’s big play. But, instead of taking a knee, the opposition coach arranged for his defense to make a hole, and let the kid run in for a score. I can only imagine the reaction on the field, on the sidelines, and in the stands- everyone cheering Jake on. Apparently, many a tear were shed in the stadium that night.

My piss taking of KNVB aside, I have a real soft spot for mentally handicapped people, especially kids. This story needed to be told, and Rome did a excellent job of getting it out. It’s great to hear a positive story like this come out, instead of all the negativity that seems to be surrounding high school athletics these days.

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

Great post...
Unfortunately I didnt hear that interview but wish I had!
What class shown by both the opposition coach and all the players, its good to hear that there are some people that still care about others in this world!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

Great post....never heard the interview, although I do listen as oftne as I can.

Reading your post though, I was waiting for the coach to go back on his promise of allowing Jake to take the kneel, and have his overgrown grade 11 tralier park 305 lbs linebacker whack Jake....
Awful thought, but coming from the Jim ROme show, not that unlikely.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know what you mean Pipo. Rome also wouldn't hesitate to berate and expose even a grade 11 kid if he did something as classless and heinous as that.

He keeps getting e-mails requesting another replay of the intervew. I would be very surprised if the TEAM doesn't replay it during the 12:00-1:00 break. Keep it dialed in.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Clones are on Fire Too

Rome was making fun of Bill Clinton last week, and a clone wrote in and said.

"Hey leave Bill alone, he picked the wrong girl"

Sammy Sosa

Too funny

HOS

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
His soccer takes keep getting better and better.

"China can't keep it's SARS under control, so FIFA has yanked the woman's world Cup from them, and awarded it to...the US. Great. Maybe we should let some SARS loose here in LA...that otta keep soccer out."

The best is how he calls David Beckham, "David Beckchastanaham".

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts