Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It's Messy!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing will happen and it will all be put on the shoulders of the people who he pays to take care of these situations. Its all probably Mourihno playing mind games anyway.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
The ball is played forward and Suarez is behind Messi at that time... so not offside!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not offside, but Suarez encroached, so it should have been retaken.

8ntSy0K.png

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The defender on the right also encroached, so what is the correct call?

If the referee gives the signal for a penalty kick to be taken and, before the ball is in play, one of the following situations occurs:
A player of both the defending team and the attacking team infringe the Laws of the Game:
•The kick is retaken.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahaha .... our juvenile team did this all the time back in the 60's and 70's ... Coach played in England 1st Div in net in the 50's ... said in juvenile it would work even if you did it 3 times a game... (kids are so stoopud!)
I've pushed to use this so many times in men's but no one wanted to risk it ... fcukerz! ... finally got Snowman to try it in coed ... J.Mac scored ... brilliant play!

80% of the time, it works every time!

The one above definitely should have been a retake ...

PS: "The Spitting Llama" Suarez is a dick !

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
^ the above vid doesn't play for me.

Anyways, is this offside?

When you start this video and the fuzzy screen comes up, just click on the youtube link at the bottom and it'll open another page on that site and it'll play...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had the same play tried against us in VMSL masters at Quilchena about 10 years ago. I was the keeper facing the shot. Guru was right in that defenders are so much in shock that somebody has tried something like this (so was the ref at the time) that they all stood and watched it happen. In our case, I saw the ball going sideways, so I thought the kicker had just shanked it. Definitely not quite as quickly as their 2nd guy coming in, but I got far enough out that he had nothing left to shoot at and I managed to block the shot. The ball went out of play after that and everyone went to the ref for the WTF moment that followed. He admitted that he'd never seen it done before, but "thought" it was okay so he let it go on.

:D

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice .... not easy to stop it when it's 2 on 1... in our coed case, the ref disallowed it saying the guy who scored was offside... WTF?? Snowman argued the point (obviously CAN'T be offside) and the ref red carded him... after the game the ref phoned him up and said he was right, and that it was too late to give the goal, but he retracted the red...

We also tried several other tricks in youth .... like on the opening kick off, I'd flick the ball up and the other forward caught it in his shirt (no hands or arms touching) then he'd run down field to the goal... we got stopped every time, but there didn't seem to be a rule against it... it'd be like holding it on your chest and balancing it... (which is totally fine) but with a little help from the shirt...

Another is a more common one... the corner kick ... clear all attackers to the far post, and the guy on the corner adjusts the ball with his foot, then calls another player to take the kick... they swap positions and the new player just dribbles to the area... we had that called back several times as well... one ref actually apologized to me a few weeks later when he looked it up and found it legal...

Lats one: The PK... one player lines the ball up, and goes back all the way out of the area .... while facing away from the net, a player from the other side comes in for the kick when he see's the goalie isn't ready...

all great trickery... :)

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice .... not easy to stop it when it's 2 on 1... in our coed case, the ref disallowed it saying the guy who scored was offside... WTF?? Snowman argued the point (obviously CAN'T be offside) and the ref red carded him... after the game the ref phoned him up and said he was right, and that it was too late to give the goal, but he retracted the red...

We also tried several other tricks in youth .... like on the opening kick off, I'd flick the ball up and the other forward caught it in his shirt (no hands or arms touching) then he'd run down field to the goal... we got stopped every time, but there didn't seem to be a rule against it... it'd be like holding it on your chest and balancing it... (which is totally fine) but with a little help from the shirt...

Another is a more common one... the corner kick ... clear all attackers to the far post, and the guy on the corner adjusts the ball with his foot, then calls another player to take the kick... they swap positions and the new player just dribbles to the area... we had that called back several times as well... one ref actually apologized to me a few weeks later when he looked it up and found it legal...

Lats one: The PK... one player lines the ball up, and goes back all the way out of the area .... while facing away from the net, a player from the other side comes in for the kick when he see's the goalie isn't ready...

all great trickery... :)

It's a two on "o".
2 vs 0 when your in alone on the keeper. Keepers don't count as anything. They barely count as team mates and human beings. That's why it's. Two on oh! Not a two on one.

Goalkeepers. Weirdest dudes out there and they are a "O". No wonder. That alone, never being counted on, literally, but being counted on so heavy, must really get them in their own heads.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
HEY !?!? I'm a keeper, and I consider myself the most important player on the park...

have I been overestimating myself all these years... am I really a "0" dressed up as a "1" :(

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only in binary.:D

The corner kick one only works if there isn't a defender covering the short corner. In any dead ball situation, the ball is supposed to roll its own circumference before another player on the same team touches it. That's most likely why you kept getting it called back.:D

Thinking also of a scene in an old Ingerlish movie called "Man Friday" where Robinson Crusoe (Peter O'Toole) is trying to teach Friday (Richard Roundtree) how to play football. Can't find a YouTube link for it, unfortunately...

Crusoe: put the ball in the net. I will try to stop you and put the ball in your net.
Friday: ok. (flicks ball up in the air, catches it with his teeth and runs it into Crusoe's net).
Crusoe: That's cheating! You can't do that!
Friday: You didn't say I couldn't...

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only in binary.:D

The corner kick one only works if there isn't a defender covering the short corner. In any dead ball situation, the ball is supposed to roll its own circumference before another player on the same team touches it. That's most likely why you kept getting it called back.:D

Thinking also of a scene in an old Ingerlish movie called "Man Friday" where Robinson Crusoe (Peter O'Toole) is trying to teach Friday (Richard Roundtree) how to play football. Can't find a YouTube link for it, unfortunately...

Crusoe: put the ball in the net. I will try to stop you and put the ball in your net.
Friday: ok. (flicks ball up in the air, catches it with his teeth and runs it into Crusoe's net).
Crusoe: That's cheating! You can't do that!
Friday: You didn't say I couldn't...

TV: That rule changed about 20 years ago... no longer has to rotate ... just touched and it's now in play... Like I said... the player at the corner just puts his foot on the ball like he's adjusting it, then backs away like he's going to cross.... then another player comes close (usually covered by a defender) and tells the first guy to leave it, that he'll take the corner.... Then the first guy runs to the middle, where the defender follows to cover him... once cleared enough, the other guy just dribbles into the are... usually has a good start on any defender... not a guaranteed goal, but creates some problems for the defending team scrambling around...

Yoda: Fcuk you... I was voted best keeper for over 80's ! ... or was that the one most likely to remain awake the longest ...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0