Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It could cost you life in prison

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Feds increase penalties for crystal meth

VANCOUVER (CP) - The federal government has increased the maximum penalties for possession, trafficking and production of methamphetamine, also known as crystal meth, or the poor man's cocaine.

The maximum penalty for production and distribution has increased to life in prison from 10 years, the government announced Thursday. Health Minister Ujjal Dosanjh said crystal meth causes significant health, social and economic harms to users and communities. The penalties for methamphetamine offences have been brought in line with those for substances that pose a comparable level of risk to health and safety, such as cocaine, he said.

I have heard that this has become quite the problem in some school districts. There are quite a few kids out there getting hooked on it.

I believe that Maple Ridge has some sort of policy that stores that sell the products to make crystal meth are required to call the police if someone tries to purchase vast quantities. Not sure on this, but I think that is what I heard.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes that's true. The Police made some rounds a while back to stores to be weary of people purchasing certain products and to notify them when they do.

But like any other, what the law says, and what the judge actually hands down, i imagine, will be totally different. Slaps on the hand are what usually results.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
But like any other, what the law says, and what the judge actually hands down, i imagine, will be totally different. Slaps on the hand are what usually results.
You are absolutely correct Yoda. This is pure vote grabbing. Life imprisoment for selling dope in Vancouver, basically, never happens. You get a stiffer penalty for say forgetting to insure your car than selling coke. I am serious.

In fact in this Province life isn't life anyway. For example recently a fellow I know was convicted of committing two home invasions within 12 days of each other and in each of them murdering the occupants...the first victim was an 83 year old grandmother, and the second an 84 year old grandmother, both in their family homes as they slept. Why? To buy crack.

He got two "life" sentences (the judge is bound by law to pass a life sentence for murder but has discretion as to how soon someone is eligible for parole). So this knob gets two life sentences, but of course is allowed to serve them concurrently (ie at the same time).

And the learned judge sentences him to be eligible for parole in 17 years at which time he will most likely be released. The judge ruled that these crimes were not "aggravated" enough to warrant a stiffer penalty.

So you think anyone is going to get life for peddling a little crystal meth?

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
In fact in this Province life isn't life anyway. For example recently a fellow I know was convicted of committing two home invasions within 12 days of each other and in each of them murdering the occupants...the first victim was an 83 year old grandmother, and the second an 84 year old grandmother, both in their family homes as they slept. Why? To buy crack.

how well do you know this "fellow"??
i'm to scared to even attempt a piss take on this one.
goinghometolockmydoors&putmygunundermypillow~

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
how well do you know this "fellow"??
i'm to scared to even attempt a piss take on this one.
goinghometolockmydoors&putmygunundermypillow~
Lock your windows too, thats how he got in.

And I forgot to mention, he burned the house down afterwards in the first one.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:

The Ellen Degenerus avatar threw me right off. I initially thought you were some sensative guy. So much for appearances....sounds like you run with some bad dudes...I should have guessed with the downtown east side as your location in your profile.

managerwhosdoorsarelockedthinkssirmshouldedithispostoritwillbehardforhimtomakefriends... :(

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SIR M-ENACE TO SOCIETY,
please do not direct any posts, hammers, or malatov coctails towards me :knvb: . you scare me.
changingmyurinesoakeddroors~

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
SIR M-ENACE TO SOCIETY,
please do not direct any posts, hammers, or malatov coctails towards me :knvb: . you scare me.
changingmyurinesoakeddroors~
Walls, heed my signature below...

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"just because your following me, doesn't mean i'm paranoid!"
ijustputonextrahouseinsuranceandswitchedtogeiko

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope they go after the major producers, and not the street level dealers, who can be replaced in seconds.

I love all these big drug dealers driving around town, "tossing the gats" and destroying parts of our society, knowing that if they get caught, there will be no penalties.

Well done, you drive a nice car, make good money, and are destroying people lives in the process. You deserve a pat on the back.

Word to your mother hommes.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0