Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

IT 2002 Tourney Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After the beating Catz gave Puglia....
any insight as to who is playing on their respective teams?

Curious,
Super Pippo

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Catanzaro 5 Puglia 2

A good start for our team,came out a little slow and picked it up leading 3-2 at half.Scored 2 early in the 2nd and were forced to defend when Masi got red carded.Puglia does have a good squad and will be there in the end,we just found the net a little more often than they did:D

Goal scorers:
Mike Masi
Dave Palmeiri
Kent Wachter
Ryan Mcnabb(pk)
Bryan Jacabone

Puglia
Laurent scaglione(sp)
Craig Richards(great goal)

Next up the mighty Calabrians

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ryan McNabb

He actually left Campan???

With Ryan and Bryan...did you play Holiday?
Where?

How did Masi get the card???yappin' ?

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mcnabb

Still prying on what our starting line-up is,should of came out last night :D

Yes I played up front with Bryan and Mcnabb played in the midfield.I was suprised that he came out this year but wanted to play with Jonesy.

Masi got 2 yellows actually,both for kicking someone?

Any other questions about our team will be answered from our manager,the professor.

Thanks

Jimmy

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually

I was at the game last night...
Hoping to see the first half before I went to Nonno's

....but it took about twenty-five minutes to start the game!!:eek:
WTF!

Is every game going to start with the players walking out onto the field like that??

Not as many signs around the field as I expected.

Did the Apprentice kick a sign after scoring?

Zaurrini

PS I am not talking to the Professor

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Signs

Yes every game will start with both teams walking out from the sidelines and shaking hands before the match,rather than after.A little international flavour:D

As for the signs,it looks quite sharp and their still about 6 more to come,too many chep Italians out there!!!!!!!:eek:

No kicking of signs going on out there,I'm the only one able to kick our sign when I score:D

ps

The professor doesnt like you anyways

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pippo, I actually expected way less signs but was surprised on the amount and to hear that there are 6 more for Sunday is a positive.

Has anybody seen Adanac? Is it finished ?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prof doesn't like Me, eh

He will hate me then, come May 22nd....

StillnottalkingtotheProf,

Zaurrini

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat chance

I think you will Hate him much more after a severe beating on the 22nd...

Professore's Boys 4 Pippos Pansies 1

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Treviso 0 vs Abruzzo 1

Game could have gone either way today. Alot of new faces with Treviso with a few nervous young players. We gave up a PK about 10 minutes into the game and Abruzzo converted. It was a back and forth game with few chances on either side. Abruzzo went down a man with 20 minutes left in the game but held us off the rest of the game.

2pallini

Apr 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
pug

puglia won 5-0 against fruili

goal scorers were arron key2 laurent steve and even little valente scored

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Catanzaro - Calabria

I dont know about you guys....

But there were TWO things I noticed that changed the complexion of the game...

1) When Holiday was sweeping, no goals against.

2) The Commish comes into the game and changes the complexion of it, Calabria scores two goals...
reminds me of a certain game last year when Catz was winning 1-0 at the half and the Commish came in...
:rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very Slow Start

Good thing 7 out of the 8 teams in the league make the play-offs.

We stunk the park out in the second half, after a 0-0 first half that saw friuli defend for much of it.

Lack of passion and skill by the young players, just kills me.
One young lad even said to our player coach, that he was tired and wanted to come off. Buddy you are 19 and you are tired.

When I was that age, we would be on the piss the night before, play for Monty-Cristo at 10:00 am, have a pint, and then go to afternoon I-tal games. Never wanting to come off the park, because we were tired.

The next wave of youngsters coming into this league and the VMSL is brutal, they don't want to get in the mix, they are not fit, and they won't even stay after a match for a chat and bzzr.

Next week Tee, Sarge, Doddsy, and Walters will be back and some young lads will see the blue and yellow pine.

HOS

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Veneto 0
Campania 0

Not much of a game. Typical of an early-season contest, with both teams missing key players and missing a lot of good scoring opportunities. Campania have lots of talent but were obviously missing a bunch of players, as they had 11 to start and put on two late-show subs near the end of the match.

Our new import signing, Rosie, had about 6 chances in the second half to put one on the scoreboard, but it wasn't meant to be. Campania came close on several occasions as well - Gaita was effective coming out of the back and nearly popped in a couple of his own. In the end, I think both sides were content with the result. One point is better than none.

On a side note...Adanac is in horrible shape. We were very lucky that the rain let up before our match...otherwise, the following two games would have been played in a huge mud pit. If they do catch a rainy sunday with four games being played......not good.

Interesting to see that five of the eight teams that played on Sunday did not score a goal. Italian league goes defensive - WTF? Fil says it the neutral-zone trap. I point to decisions like putting offensive machines like Jimbo Holiday at the back. Either way, the days of the 6-3 shootouts seem to have passed on by. Until next week, anyways.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Calabria 2 Catanzaro 0

We had alot of key players missing from this game, some entirely and some partially. The first half of the game was controlled by Calabria but we did well to create some chances on the counter-attack. Jimmy H, did well leading the defence and the whole team played with urgency and limited Calbria's chances.

Calabria did well to create chances in the second half and Andrew Corazza took advantage of these chances and burried two nice goals. We had some chances in the second but couldnt find the target. I think with a full squad we give them a much tougher run but alot of credit to them as they had good movement with the ball and alot of pace on the flanks.

Saw the first two games even though there was 1 goal between the contests all four teams created alot of chances. I thought Denis Kindel played well in net for Treviso and in particular made an amazing save in the second half of a point blank shot. Abruzzo seemed to play better with 10 men and did well to keep the ball out of their net as Treviso applied alot of pressure.

The other game was a battle between Sensei and the Mysterious Gino Muoio, what a thriller;) . Sensei, that new guy up front has alot of pace and was unlucky to bury one with little time remaining.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ze Apprentiz.....

The guy up front you speak of is Rosie, who squandered a few chances in the second half. He is exceptionally quick.

The game against Calabria was a tale of two halfs. I thought your lot carried the play in the first and had more quality chances overall. Second half synopsis was simple - they buried their chances, Catz didn't. I didn't see much of a difference in skill or talent between the two sides - both looked strong and showed promise in attack. I'd give the edge to Calabria in the youth department...I didn't see a guy over the age of 26 on the park for them.

Our epic battle against Campania was one for the ages. I understand Holger Osiek demanded a tape copy of the game for strategical purposes with the National Team. Something about not scoring goals, but not losing the game either.

Goalless,
-Sensei.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Calabs 2 Catanzaro 0

Hats off to Calabs for a good win.We did have a good first half(with me anchoring the Backline):D but failed to score on a few good chances that we had.We broke down a couple times in the 2nd where Corazza did well to finish both his goals.

All in all,fun to play in and look forward to hopefully meeting them again?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scilaci....Very Quiet today, and weren't you the one complaining to me yesterday?

El Presidente, as soon as the heat got turned on you backed down...you little ho!!

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
a very poor performance by the friulans. its kinda hard when your running all over the field wanting the ball and at the end you run your bag off and no results. its still early and we're not worried. we dont want to finish first anyways,just as long as we make the playoffs.

apprentice, where were you yesterday? did you play? :p ;)

commish, go play with the women

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
scilaci is a flamer

Scilaci..I heard that one about 6 times from the Friuli camp yesterday..thanks for the reminder...KEEP YOUR HEAD UP NEXT WEEK!!!!

Rumors are also circulating that HOS will not be in the lineup next week due to third degree burns suffered yesterday @ Adanac...HOS is in serious but stable condition after suffering bad burns to the back of the neck and upper back...Cause is unknown.

Professor...I see you lurking all day and am very curious as to what you thought of the game yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts