Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

International and Local Darts Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This thread is a must considering the PDC Skol World Championships is taking place. There was a massive upset in the first match of the second round. World Number ONE Alan Warriner was defeated by Colin"Jaws"Lloyd. Lloyd won 6 sets to 4. If anyone has nothing better to do tomorrow around 9 or 11 a.m., you can listen to the next 2 matches. TTPers from the U.K. and Ireland would have a good laugh listening to the commentators and of course, the fellow calling out the scores. I listened to a match today, that I happened to have a bet on(it won) and was laughing the whole way through the match.

The web site is www.planetdarts.co.uk . Click on the audio and enjoy. Also, you can play some online darts, which is kind of fun.

So here is the article about the big upset today and a photo of "Jaws".

In local darts action, Captain Shamrock hammered his Fijian opponent, Mr. X, 5 matches to 1 at two venues; The Garage and Flying Beaver. The Captain retains the undisputed belt and wears it proudly into the new year.

I was quite surprised that my Fijian opponent beat me the first match. He used to be known as Casa Nova before the site changed. I had beat him in 20 straight matches previous to this match. I buckled down and did the business, just like I did against the Lurker Mulgrew on Christmas Eve. I must go now and practice for the New Year.

JAWS DUMPS WOZZA OUT

In the first match of the second round and the last of the year, Colin 'Jaws' Lloyd put the world number one Alan Warriner out of the Skol World Championships with a 6 sets to 4 victory.
Lloyd came out in much better form and with a superior eye for the doubles and rattled through the first three sets to establish a commanding lead over the reigning World Grand Prix Champion.

Warriner's finishing was poor; at one point he missed eight darts at the double before Lloyd put him out of his misery.

The world number one is made of sterner stuff however and faced with a 3-0 deficit he picked up his game and before long was right back in the fight.

A 121 out in the sixth set and a 13 dart leg not long after, gave him the scores he needed to draw level.

With the groundwork done, Warriner got his nose in front for the first time with some very steady checkouts to make it 4 sets to 3.

Not to be outdone, Lloyd notched up his seventh and eighth ton-eighty and duly evened-up the match at four sets a piece.

Lloyd, who hasn't really lived up to a debut performance at the World Matchplay in 1999 that saw him reach the quarterfinals, seems to have regained his determination.

He took the ninth set with a steely 90 out for a 5-4 lead and a sniff at the match.

Unlike Reg Harding in the first round Lloyd capitalised on the mistakes made by the Ice Man and he was rewarded with a place in the quarterfinals after a 35 out in the tenth set.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nicknames

01/01/2002 294222001 10.00 (CAD) DBLS Not Settled
R Baxter V D Smith - Ronnie ' The Rocket' Baxter To Win @ 1.66 (Win only)
P Manley V J Lowe - Peter ' One Dart' Manley To Win @ 1.25 (Win only)
Doubles(1) @ per bet 10.00 Stake: 10.00 Returns: Not Settled

I will be trying to find the others now....

Captain

From today's first match in the second round....

In a match of extraordinary quality, it took over two hours for Richie Burnett to beat Denis Ovens 6 sets to 4 in the second round of the Skol World Championships.
Always likely to be a close encounter, these two players matched each other dart for dart throughout.

The first set went the distance, going with throw to Burnett. The second set did likewise, this time Ovens holding his darts to win out with a 145 checkout.

The Welshman's darts drifted in the third set allowing Ovens in, confidently hitting a 180 followed by 76 with five darts to take the lead for the first time.

Burnett immediately lifted his game and responded with a 3-1 victory in the fourth set, after Ovens had missed a string of doubles.

Both men were playing excellent darts. In general the finishing was spot on and each man averaged well into the nineties with three darts.

Sets five and six swung first in Oven's favour and then to Burnett, with nothing it seemed, able to separate these two men.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top Ten World Rankings

Pos Name Country Pts
1 Alan Warriner England 85
2 Phil Taylor MBE England 83
3 Rod Harrington England 78
4 Peter Manley England 75
5 Dennis Smith England 70
6 Roland Scholten Holland 70
7 John Part Canada 69
8 Richie Burnett Wales 66
9 Denis Ovens England 64
10 Steve Beaton England 61

Alan "Iceman" Warriner

Phil "The Power" Taylor

Rod "The Rocket" Harrington

Peter "One Dart" Manley

Dennis "Smiffy" Smith

Roland " The Tripod " Scholten

John " Darth Maple " Part

Richie " Prince of Wales" or " Storky " Burnett

Dennis Ovens - apparently he doens't believe in nicknames

Steve " The Mullet " Beaton - he didn't have a name so this seemed apropriate. This is a recent photo

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The excitement continues to build in the Skol World Championships. Peter " One Dart " Manley survived an 11 set marathon to beat veteran John "Old Stoneface" Lowe, who Club Ireland brought over in 1985. Here is a write-up and a photo of One Dart.

MANLEY HAS LAST WORD

John Lowe and Peter Manley played out a war of words before this match, but it was One Dart who made the critical comments at the oche with a narrow 6-5 victory.
Manley, who broke his recent first round hoodoo with a win over Steve Brown in round one, stole an early march on the veteran with a 3-1 win in the first set.

Used to a battle Lowe dug in and took the second set to five legs, before evening the match with a 68 out.

Lowbo stepped up his efforts in the third set. Three quality outs of 101, 68 and 64 clinched the set and he continued that form into the fourth with a 99 and 61 to take a two set lead.

Both men had averages in the high nineties and Manley turned his scoring into a victory in the fifth set, to keep the match on a knife's edge.

Manley got himself right back in the match in the sixth set, when after Lowe had narrowly missed D19 on 154, One Dart took out 51 to make it 3 sets all.

The contest remained tight in sets seven and eight; Lowe taking the first and Manley again drawing level after Lowe had just missed a 128 to take a tangible lead.

Following the pattern of the match, Lowe it was who got in front again by taking the ninth set to make it 5-4.

One Dart hit back straight away. A 137 out in the third leg set him on his way and after Lowe had missed 60 with a unusually nervous throw, the game went to a deciding set at 5-5.

Lowe seemed to tune out of the match in the eleventh set. Manley duly took his chance to win three legs without reply to see himself through to the quarterfinals and a showdown with Ronnie Baxter.

Afterwards Manley admitted that he hadn't expected Lowe to play so well, but that ultimately the veteran had wearied over the long haul of an eleven setter

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In local darts.....

Stephen "Hurricane" Burns blew past Vince "The Putz" Naihdu in the first match of 2001. It was a straight sweep for "Hurricane", who beat "The Putz" 5 matches to 0.

To show that I am not sexist, I will post the Top 10 women in the world and will follow with some photos. Apparently, they are looking to make a calendar to try and raise money for disaster victims. I am sure you'll agree that there are some fine looking women.......

Tricia Wright

Here are the rankings first....

Pos Name Country Pts
1 Crissy Howat England 36
2 Trina Gulliver England 29
3 Francis Hoenselaar Holland 29
4 Stacy Bromberg USA 19
5 Carolyn Mars USA 18
6 Tricia Wright England 15
7 Apylee Jones England 12
8 Deborah Royal England 10
9 Kristina Korpi 8
10 Carina Ekberg Sweden 8

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A Canadian......

This is the only other player who has a photo with her profile. I can't understand why more of these athletes don't show us their helmets. This one is a Canadian, so I know TTPers will appreciate her that much more....

Gayl King

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally....

Here are the top 48 players as of today. It is good to see that my recent victories have not gone unnoticed. I have worked very hard at my game to improve. Things can only get better from here.

1 Alan Warriner England 9 85 8 - - - 3 5 4 5 - - - 16 2 5 20 5 - - 13 2 - 3 4 - 5 4 8 - - -
2 Phil Taylor MBE England 8 83 6 - - 2 - - 10 12 - - - 20 - - 6 - - - 20 - - - - - - - - - - 7
3 Rod Harrington England 9 78 - - - - 2 2 6 7 - - - 20 - 2 6 6 - - 14 7 - 6 - - 3 - 6 - - -
4 Peter Manley England 9 75 - - - 4 2 3 8 4 - 3 - 16 - 6 6 4 3 - 16 - - 8 2 - - - 7 - - -
5 Dennis Smith England 9 70 6 - - 6 - 4 - - - - - 12 - - 14 - - 10 13 - - - - - 3 - 2 - - -
6 Roland Scholten Holland 9 70 4 - - 4 - 3 - 8 - - - 8 - - 16 - - - 12 8 - - - - - - 4 - - 6
7 John Part Canada 9 69 - - - 2 - - - 5 - - - 12 - - 12 2 - - 16 4 - 5 3 4 - 8 - - - 2
8 Richie Burnett Wales 9 66 - - - 2 3 - - 4 - - - 16 - - 8 - 8 - 8 - - 3 - - 3 - 6 - - 10
9 Denis Ovens England 9 64 - - - 10 - - - - - - - 8 - 2 8 8 2 - 6 - - 4 - - 8 6 4 - - 6
10 Steve Beaton England 8 61 - - - 7 - - - - - - 1 14 - - 8 - - - - 10 - - - - 5 6 10 - - -
11 Dave Askew England 9 60 2 - - 8 - - 2 4 - - - 8 - - 12 - - - 14 4 - 3 3 - 4 2 2 - - 2
12 Ronnie Baxter England 9 59 10 - - - - 3 6 7 - - - 14 - - 6 4 - - - - - 3 6 - 2 - 2 - - -
13 John Lowe England 9 58 7 - - - - 2 2 4 - - - 12 - - 14 - 4 - 10 2 - - 3 - - 2 2 - - -
14 Dennis Priestley England 8 55 - - - - - 5 7 - - - - 13 - - 10 - - - 16 - - 2 - - 2 - 4 - - -
15 Jamie Harvey Scotland 9 52 2 - - 6 2 - - 7 - - - 8 - - - 3 5 - 12 - - 2 2 - - - - - - 7
16 Alex Roy England 9 51 - - - 2 3 2 - - - - - 12 - 3 8 2 - 6 8 - - 5 - - - 4 - - - -
17 Andy Jenkins England 9 51 2 - - 2 3 - 6 8 - 4 - 12 - - 6 5 3 - - - - 4 2 - - - - - - -
18 Colin Lloyd England 9 51 - - - 4 - 4 4 - - - - 10 - - 6 3 2 - 6 - - 2 2 - 6 - 6 - - -
19 Peter Evison England 9 50 - - - - 5 - - 4 - - - 10 - 4 6 3 - - 10 6 - 3 - - 2 - - - - 2
20 Keith Deller England 9 48 2 - - - - 2 2 4 - - - 6 - - 8 2 - - 12 - - 2 2 - - 10 - - - -
21 Shayne Burgess England 8 47 - - - 2 - - - 4 - - - 10 - - 8 - - - 13 4 - 4 - - - 2 - - - -
22 Cliff Lazarenko England 8 47 - - - 6 2 - 7 - - - - 12 - - 6 - - - 10 - - 2 - - 2 - - - - -
23 Kevin Painter England 9 46 - - - - 3 - - 5 - 1 - 6 1 - 12 3 - - - - - - - - 4 6 6 - - -
24 Chris Mason England 8 45 - - - - 4 - - - - - 4 10 - - - - 6 - - 2 - - 5 - - 6 - - - 8
25 Mick Manning England 9 43 - - - 2 2 - 4 - - - - 8 - 4 8 4 3 - 8 - - 2 2 1 - - - 2 - -
26 Steve Brown USA 7 41 - 4 - - - - 4 4 - - - 12 - - 6 - - - 8 - - - - 3 - - - - - -
27 Martin Adams England 5 39 - - - - 4 8 - - - 1 - 14 - - 12 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
28 Reg Harding England 8 33 - - - 4 3 3 2 - - - - 8 - - - 3 - - 6 - - - - - - - - - - 4
29 Les Fitton England 6 31 - - - - 6 - - - - - - 6 - - - - - - 8 2 - 3 - - - - - - - 6
30 Paul Lim USA 8 31 - - - - - - 4 4 - - - 6 - 2 - - 2 - 8 - - - 3 2 - - - - - -
31 Bob Anderson England 6 31 - - - - - - 2 5 - - - 8 - - - - - - 10 - - - - - 4 2 - - - -
32 Paul Williams England 7 28 - - - 4 - 6 2 5 - - - - - - - - - - - - - 3 - - 4 - - - - 4
33 Graeme Stoddart England 6 28 - - - - 4 - 6 - - - - 6 - - - - 2 - 8 - - - - - 2 - - - - -
34 Les Hodkinson England 7 27 - - - - - 4 - - - - - - - 8 - - 3 - - 4 - - - - 2 4 2 - - -
35 Nigel Justice England 6 26 - - - 2 - 2 - - - - - 8 - - - - - 4 8 2 - - - - - - - - - -
36 Steve Raw England 5 26 - - - - - - 2 - - - - 8 - 5 - - - - 8 - - - 3 - - - - - - -
37 Gary Mawson Canada 4 25 - - - - - - - - - - - 8 - - - - 5 - 8 - - - 4 - - - - - - -
38 Lee Palfreyman England 5 24 - - - - 3 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 8 - 2 7 4 - - -
39 John Ferrell England 4 21 2 - - - - - - - - - - 6 - - - - 3 - 10 - - - - - - - - - - -
40 Robbie Widdows England 8 20 - - - 4 - - 2 - - - - - - 4 - - 2 - - 2 - - - - 2 - 2 - - 2
41 Eric Bristow MBE England 5 20 - - - - - - - - - - - 6 - - - - - - 6 2 - 2 4 - - - - - - -
42 Keith Wetton 7 18 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
43 Scott Cummings Canada 4 16 - - - - - - 2 - - - - 6 - - - - - - 6 - - 2 - - - - - - - -
44 Gary Spedding England 5 16 - - - - - - 2 - - - - - - - - - - - 6 - - 2 - - - 2 4 - - -
45 Dave Jowitt England 4 15 - - - - - - - - - - - - - 4 - - - - - - - 2 3 - - 6 - - - -
46 Al Hedman 5 14 - - 2 - - - - 5 - - - - - - - - 2 - - 2 - - 3 - - - - - - -
47 Dan Lauby

48Stephen Burns Canada (2001 Club Ireland Sanctioned Champion, currently undefeated in 2002)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Politics in darts

Here is a recent write-up on the break-up that has taken place in the world of darts.....It is a long read but it is interesting for sanctioned darts' champions. :)

It's one o'clock in the afternoon, and, in the Circus Tavern, Purfleet, Essex, Alan Warriner is taking on Reg Harding in the first match of the Skol PDC World Championships. Though this year, the PDC tournament holds a little extra significance.

In 1993, the Berlin Wall of darts was erected somewhere between Essex and Surrey. Each professional player would have to decide which side of the wall he was on. Though this wall was not a very high wall, players could climb over it easily, transferring from one camp to the other throughout the year, as long as they agreed to stay on one side or the other for the duration of the two World Championships.

Last year, Phil Taylor, Mr PDC himself, was spotted at Lakeside, making a guest appearance at the Embassy, sharing a stage with BDO stalwart Martin Fitzmaurice. Relations were good, with players from both sides showing one another mutual respect, and jumping from one side of the wall to the other with ease for 11 months of the year. This arrangement was confirmed as acceptable in law in the form of the Tomlin Order, signed in 1997 by both the PDC and the BDO.

Things were looking good when, earlier this year, Barry Hearn took the reigns of the PDC. Players were then asked to show loyalty to the PDC, and were expected to sign "all-or-nothing contracts" with the PDC.

Players such as Ronnie Baxter, Andy Jenkins, Chris Mason, Steve Beaton, Kevin Painter and Paul Williams were told that if they signed, they would be guaranteed entry to the "big three" PDC tournaments, the World Championships, World Matchplay and World Grand Prix. If they refused to sign, they would be barred from all three. This resulted in the forementioned turning down the chance to play in this year's Embassy in favour of the PDC version.

From a commercial point of view, we can understand why Mr Hearn is pleased to sign these players in particular. In recent years they have become virtual household names, playing in front of millions each year at the Embassy as well as being regulars at the PDC televised events such as the World Grand Prix and World Matchplay. These players jumped over the wall as they pleased for 11 months of the year, as the legally- binding Tomlin order suggested they should. Though no more. The Berlin Wall has been covered in barbed wire, made taller, and virtually impossible to cross.

The "Skol Six" have accepted the lucrative offers made to them - a guaranteed £7, 500 just for signing up. Professional darts players are just like the rest of us, with bills and mortgages to pay and very often families to support, and certain players have given mutterings that they would quit the sport unless big changes were made, so I do not condemn them for accepting the offer.

You'll hear plenty of the politics of darts in the coming months, you can reach your own conclusions on who you believe is right, though as far as I am concerned the two main questions are: Does the Tomlin Order still apply? Is the PDC in breach of European competition laws? Judging by the precedent by a similar move in snooker earlier this year, the answer is probably yes!

Away from the politics, there is a festival of darts to be enjoyed. At Purfleet, despite some hicups this year, Phil "The Power" Taylor is surely the favourite. He opens his account on the 29th December against Paul Williams. Though, for me, the pick of the first round matches sees two of the "Skol Six", Ronnie Baxter and Kevin Painter, going head to head, which will surely be a close encounter, though I'd expect Baxter to edge it. Another first- round highlight sees "Diamond" Dave Askew taking on former Embassy favourite, Chris Mason, who will be wanting to put his first round exit at Lakeside to Ray Barneveld last year behind him, which I'm expecting him to succeed in doing. Phil Taylor is without doubt the man to beat, though he will have to be at his best as there are several players, who, on their day can beat him, such as the in-form Alan Warriner, who will feel confident after his recent victory in Ireland, and the ever-dangerous Rod Harrington is the other player I am expecting to pose a threat to Taylor's crown, though I expect him to topple everyone in his path to win this tournament yet again.

A far less predictable event takes place just a few days later at every darts player and fans' favourite venue- the Lakeside Country Club, Frimley Green, Surrey.

Whilst the first round draw has set up some very exciting ties, it brought with it a tinge of disappointment because some of the tournament's most naturally gifted players will be leaving at the first round stage. With defending champion John "Boy" Walton taking on the Woolwich Viking Andy Fordham, bookies' favourite Ray Barneveld playing fans' favourite- Bobby George, who will be hoping to become the oldest player ever to win the Embassy. What is for sure is that Ray, fresh from World Masters victory, cannot take victory over George for granted - the Embassy is the hardest tournament in the world to qualify for and George has beaten some extremely strong opponents to earn his place at Lakeside.

Whilst Ray is the deserved favourite to win the Championship, he will have to remain consistent and keep a cool head at difficult moments to re-claim the title he has won twice before. Though the match I am looking forward to the most is 2000 Embassy champion and seventh seed Ted Hankey playing Fin Jarkko Komula.

Those of you who watched the recent World Masters on the BBC will understand what a natural talent the young Finn has for the game and at 14/1 he might be worth a shilling or two for the title. Although, if Walton can overcome the difficult Fordham hurdle, I would expect him to be the eventual winner of the tournament. Such a victory make him one of darts' all-time greats, which would hopefully give him a deserved opportunity to play the greatest player of all time, Phil Taylor, a privilege Ray Barneveld had in 1999 after twice winning the Embassy.

In the current political climate, organising such a contest would be just as difficult as getting Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis in the ring, but if it were to happen, I would expect "The Power" to beat Walton, although I would expect it to be a much closer contest than the Taylor-Barneveld contest of 1999.

So there are two dart organizations, much like there was two wrestling and multiple boxing federations. That, I didn't know....Following will be several player profiles that will be updated periodically.....I can see a big TTP darts extravaganza coming up...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is he related to Gerry?

First Name: Martin Adams
Date of Birth: 04 June 1956
Place of Birth: Sutton, Surrey
Now Lives: Deeping St James
Nickname: Wolfie
Height: 6 1
Type of Dart Used: The Martin Adams Dart by Datadart
Sponsors: Datadart, Lakeside International Hotel, The Towngate Inn
Achievements: World Cup singles champion 1995
World Cup Doubles champ with Andy Fordham 1995

Current England captain - led the team to the European Cup title in October 2000.

2001: Winner Antwerp Open, Winner German Open, semi-finalist Stan James World Matchplay

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First Name: Bob Anderson
Date of Birth: 07 November 1947
Place of Birth: Winchester, Hants
Now Lives: Swindon, Wiltshire
Nickname: The Limestone Cowboy
Height: 6 3
Type of Dart Used: 21gm Unicorn Signature
Sponsors: Unicorn
Achievements: 1988 Embassy World Professional Champion, 1986, 87 and 88 World Master, 2 x World Pairs Champ, Former captain of England.
Bob is pure class and has graced the Professional Game for over fifteen years. Now in his fifties, some would say his best years have gone.

Has dropped down the Rankings which is due more to not travelling rather than the lack of form.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The last one for now.......

This one is for KNVB....

First Name: Raymond Barneveld
Date of Birth: 20 April 1967
Place of Birth: The Hague, Netherlands
Now Lives: Rijswijk near The Hague
Nickname: Barney
Height: 6 1
Type of Dart Used: Triple B Phanto-grip 25 gram own brand tungsten
Achievements: One of the 'greats' of the game, Barney has a list of achievements to compliment his stature.
Embassy Champion 1998 & 1999
World Cup Singles Champ 1997/99 & 199/2001
Dutch Open 2001
British Open 1998
Belgium Open 1996 & 1999
European Grand Masters 1995
Brandstaff Masters 1999
Swiss Open 2000
Canada Open 1998
Sweden Open 1998
Denmark Open 1997
Norway Open 1997
Finland Open 1995
Raymond was also honoured by Queen Beatrix in Holland with an award similar to the MBE in the UK.

Marital Status: M
Children: Three - Daisy, Mike, Patty
Hobbies/Interests: Soccer, computers, internet, watching movies
Sporting Hero: Marco van Basten, Johan Cruyff, Dan Jansen (speed-skater USA)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Darts bug

Im really starting to enjoy this thread Captain. Keep up the good work. I seem to have caught the dart bug this Christmas. What else is one to do when visiting in-laws? Drink and through sharp pointy things at the wall. A great way to pass the time.

I caught some of the matches on the tube yesterday as I nursed what was sure to be my biggest hang over of the year. "Tripod" was on and didn't not impress. His oppenent was down to 60 something before the twat could double in.

.....I can see a big TTP darts extravaganza coming up...
Name the place.

KnvbhasanewDartheroandhimnameisRaymond"Barney"Barneveld

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
is there a DART still stick in your head?

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock

To show that I am not sexist, I will post the Top 10 women in the world and will follow with some photos. Apparently, they are looking to make a calendar to try and raise money for disaster victims. I am sure you'll agree that there are some fine looking women.......

Captain, I am still L.O.L. here. Are you sure that these female champions aren't the victims themselves?:confused:

I also think that this should be a thread named "Entertaining the Captain...with K-nob jumping on the band wagon to seek approval and not gain votes for the Most Irritating TTPer of January"

what is the quote?.. oh yeah, "carry on"
+SCisappearingeverywheretoday:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

His oppenent was down to 60 something before the twat could double in.

What channel was this on? In a regular darts match, the players do not have to double in. It is always open in and double out from 501. I am trying to find out when darts is on TSN or Sportsnet. It is entertaining stuff.

I believe "The Tripod" is also Dutch. He is an odd looking fellow and doesn't strike me as a 'typical' darts player.

Here is a photo and the results from today's matches........

1.00PM
Phil Taylor 6 - 1 Shayne Burgess

3.00PM
Roland Scholten 3 - 6 Dave Askew

7.00PM
John Part 6 - 0 Steve Beaton

9.00PM
Rod Harrington 3 - 6 Dennis Priestley

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's the lad

Awkward looking guy isn't he. It was on TSN yesterday around 7:30ish. I can't be sure yesterday was one long headache.:( Im positive they doubled in. "Tri" as his buddys call him was starting to snap because he kept missing. He was playing some fat Englishmen....

I love the camera angles they got going to . My favorite is the "action" cam. The focus is on the dart still in the players hand as they aim. Great stuff. :D

What of my new "Hero" Barney? Have you found the TV listings yet? I'll be sure to look when I get home.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your right man!!!

Hey Capt Dickhead who the fcuk cares if we dont have any dart players in th top 1000.

Is there a Scottish team in the World Cup of Football?

It's (happy dick head) such a fcuking great sport or can we call it a sport?

Thanks man for this one because I was starting to get a little lazy with posting you know with the holidays and all, and you got the fire burning in me again.

Now that you said that we have no dart champions in Italia I can't sleep at night.

Well at least the Scottish team will be able to play darts while watching the games on TV.

Hey Happy 2002!!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dimond Dave from Surrey???

He sure told you.:rolleyes:

This must have been the match I was watching. As for the double in thing. I may be wrong. After all I am a dart rookie. Heres a run down for you.......

'Diamond' Dave Askew played some great darts to see off Roland Scholten 6-3 at the Skol World Championships.
Following on from Taylor's master class this match was always doomed to be something of an anti-climax, yet both men played some useful darts.

Perhaps two of the most consistent players on the circuit and certainly two of the most improved on the PDC tour, there was very little to separate Askew and Scholten.

They exchanged sets back and forth, with Diamond Dave taking the first, Scholten the second, Scholten the third and Askew the fourth.

Askew got a breakthrough in sets five and six by taking them both with some confident finishing and a couple of decisive maximums.

With his back against the wall, Scholten responded with a 13 dart first leg in the seventh set that pushed him on nicely to get right back in the match and prevent Askew from establishing an unassailable lead.

The Surrey man however, sensed that Scholten was feeling the pressure and missing doubles. He hit back in the eighth to regain a two set advantage which he did not relinquish.

He took the last set without reply from Scholten wrapping it up with a cool 74 out.

Scoring Sequence:

Roland Scholten 3 Dave Askew 6

1-3, 3-0, 3-2, 1-3, 1-3, 2-3, 3-1, 2-3, 0-3

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is why he will be the most irritating...

Zenga,

That was a tremendous reply. I really liked these two in particular:

Is there a Scottish team in the World Cup of Football?

Well at least the Scottish team will be able to play darts while watching the games on TV.

I guess I should finally let you in on a little secret. I am Irish. That's right. You see, the shamrock is associated with Ireland, not Scotland. My name is Captain Shamrock(not capt. dckhead as I am so affectionately known by you) and I was born in Ireland. So insulting the Scottish national team doesn't really bother me. Do you understand? Let me try this on you and see how it bothers you.

Well at least the Hungarians will be able to play darts, while watching the games on television.

It really gets you, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

As for darts, to stay on topic, you wouldn't have a clue. There is too much math involved for you and too much precision. I've heard(actually I know) you're a shocking goalie. If you can't judge crosses, there is no way you can judge how to throw a triple twenty. You're not getting any better in net and I am getting better at darts. Sounds good, eh?

BTW, Happy New Year.

Captain

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never said I was a good keeper but it shows the class you have buddy I actually heard that you were a very good player, as for getting better in goal I dont give a fcuk because soon I will be in the sun where you will be in the this shite hole. I have decided to travel and actually live in other countries to widen my horizon and see other countries and cultures. As for darts WHO GIVES A FCUK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts