Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

In Memory - Danny Burns

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My extreme heartfelt condolenses go out to Stephen Burns and his family as Danny Burns passed away last night unexpectedly from a brain aneurysm.

Danny was an icon in the Irish community and the soccer community here in BC. My thoughts of him will always be of a joyous, charasmatic man who always brought a smile to everyone who was around him. He will be sorely missed.

Captain Shamrock will be away from TTP for the next little bit as he is obviously devasted, but if you knew Danny, please post your thoughts here as I'm sure Stephen will appreciate it greatly.

Robin Regnier.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Burnsie,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences to you, your Mum, your brother and the rest of your family. No words can express this tragedy and I only wish I were there to help in any way I could. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Steve.

Ian Ascough

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stephen,

On behalf of my family I would like to extend to you and yours my heartfelt condolenses.

John Peterson

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tragic

The passing of a good man is always a sad day, but the passing of a good man you had the pleasure of sharing a few laughs and a few pints with is heart renching... To me Mr. Danny Burns has always been a class act and gentleman, he will be missed by all of those who knew him...
Stevie, my thoughts go out to you and your family in this tragic time...

All the best, JC

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stephen,

I know how close you were to your father and how close knit your family is to one another. I know things seem very mixed up right now. I lost my father at age 54 and it devastated me. I know what you are going through. Ironically, it was the same thing that took my father from me.

Danny Burns meant a lot to me. Everytime I saw the man, I felt sincerely received. He was the kind of guy I would look for in a crowd of familiar faces because I knew I would enjoy an honest, jovial conversation. He loved his family, especially his grandchildren and it wouldn't take long for him to find an angle to bring them into a conversation. I respected him greatly for that because it was very true to his character. His personality was magnetic and he was a fine ambassador of the Irish community. Again, I thrived off that, and I will truly miss that. It really is a tragic loss.

Stephen and family, please accept my condolences on behalf of myself and my family. You will all get through this.

Spiro Pegios

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Your dad will be missed by all who knew him. He sure knew how to brighten a room with his personality and musicianship.

Be strong Stephen.

Peter Stannard

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wanted to add something, I clicked on the Reply button but my mind is blank. What can you say? What words can I possibly say to take away the hurt for you and your family, but then I realised, there are 6 other replies to this thread. 6 other people who feel the same emotion and sympathy I do.

My most heart felt thoughts and sympathies go to you and your family Stephen. I've only known you and yours for a short time, but it's like I've lost one of my own. Anything you need you have but to call.

Dave Hleucka

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am deeply sorry for your loss. My sympathy goes out to you and your family in the difficult time.

Is gairid ár gcairt ar an saol seo.
:(

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Danny Burns is a quality role model that left us with memories of class and respect. I looked up to Mr. Burns and I sincerely pass my heartiest condolences to the Burns Family. My thoughts and prayers are with you Stephen.

Sandy Sumra

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steven,

My deepest sympathy to you and your family! Although I didn’t know Danny that well, his reputation for being a kind, amusing and caring man preceded him and was recognized for this each time his name was mentioned. I know you and your father shared the same love for life and will be deeply missed by all who new him.

All the best to you and your family!

Darren Nott

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnsie,

You and your familly will be in the thoughts of the whole soccer community, my deepest sympathy for you and your familly.

Chris Johnson

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear Stephen,

We are very sorry to hear about the loss to the Burns family. Deepest sympathies from our family to yours.

Best Wishes,
The Jack Family

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnsie,

I only met your Dad on a handful of occasions, so I didn't know him well. In truth I knew of the Burns/Club Ireland legend more than anything. I will say this though...Danny had that unique quality of being instantly likeable. The minute you met him, you liked him. He was a lovely Irish gentleman. A character. You have the same qualities.

You and yours will all be in our prayers at dinner tonight.

Rich Hawes.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve,

My deepest condolences to you and your family on this tragic loss. I know there is little I can say other than that you and your family are in my prayers.

Mike Sweeney

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnsie,

Condolences to the full family at this difficult time. Our thoughts are with you, my friend.

John Blair

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stephen,

Although I did not know him, your father must have been indeed a fine man to raise a good boy as yourself. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Marcus Dressel.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to hear about your loss

Burnsie,

Hey buddy I got a chill down my back when I heard the news. I too lost my father so I can honestly say "I understand". Although I had only met him a few times, it was obvious that he loved the game, he loved his motherland (Ireland) and he loved his family. I'm sure he will be sorely missed at home and on the sidelines and especially on stage. A Club Ireland Icon has been lost but not forgotten.

Keep your spirits up.
He is playing on the biggest stage now.

Call me if you need anything.

Vince A

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stephen:

May you and your family find some comfort and peace in the knowledge that your father's life touched the lives of so many others through his music and his life.

In some way your father's life and his music fit this paraphrased poem attributed to several poets including Ralph Waldo Emerson:

To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people
and the affection of children...
To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others;
To leave the world a little bit better;
Whether by a beautiful song, a garden patch
or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life breathed easier
because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.

From all you have said here on TTP and the sentiments of those who posted here, your dad truly lived a good life and made a lot of people happy. All the best to your and family - our thoughts are with you.

Greg Basham

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts