Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I AM CANADIAN! Well, half Canadian anyway.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Molson's business model of sh!t beer at a premium price usually translates to lost market share. In that regard, they've been successful. Their clever marketing is all for not, when selling to the schrewd beer drinker seeking value. For example, the Captain and his choice of a more hearty brew with viscosity.

In a nutshell, the merge with Coors is a desperate move by two small players.

Stella forever!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sell-Out

Just typical of one of the companies that you consider Canadian... Its on par with a team like the Canucks being owned by an American, not important but its rubs me the wrong way.

I believe Canadians drink more Labatts / American products than Molson anyhow, so I doubt there will be a huge "revolt" and we will all stop buying Molson products...we are not as loyal to brands as the Americans are.

My Wife drinks Canadian however I buy Sleemans, Alexanders or Granville...or whatever is new and semi-exciting.

Molson also exports more beer to Brazil and other countries than it sells in Canada.....

Rob, Almost need a poll here to see what people drink......

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I drank my first ever Stella's a few weeks ago. I wasn't overly impressed with it. It tasted like all other European beers to me. I am a Guinness/Killkenny fan, but I'd be happy with a dozen Corona's and a few limes. Especially on the super hot days like the ones we've been having.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
I drank my first ever Stella's a few weeks ago. I wasn't overly impressed with it. It tasted like all other European beers to me. I am a Guinness/Killkenny fan, but I'd be happy with a dozen Corona's and a few limes. Especially on the super hot days like the ones we've been having.

Again, no style.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
Again, no style.

Ok, The Rob has NO style.... but I have to back him up on the Corona.

I personally find it a slightly light, but very refreshing beer.

Tried Sleemans FATman beer (Sleemans Clear) last night. It tastes like American beer and very watery.... Can I please have my carbs back?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had a scathing attack all written up, but decided not to post it because I like the peace and tranquility that has been flowing through this site lately. I didn't want to stir it up and ruin that.

Seriously Bucky, put Stella, Becks, Heinekin(sp)and a Steinlager in a seperate unmarked glass. Get you or someone else to take a sip and determine which one was which, I bet no one would get any right. They all taste the same.

Sub,

You are a PM. You can start a poll in a new thread if you like.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bet you I could. I'll even let you buy me one of each to prove it.

BTW - Once you drop your lime in your beer can you tell the difference b/t Corona, Sol, Dos Equis and Pacifico. Do you put an umbrella in your pint, also?

In fear of scathing attacks,

Tranquil Buckfast

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, the umbrella goes in my squishy's. :rolleyes:

I actually have never tried the other ones you mentioned. I have tried, and liked, the new German unfiltered beer put out by Granville Island. It too is also good with a lime.

Bet you I could. I'll even let you buy me one of each to prove it.
Roosters. Anytime.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure, TheRob’s, wardrobe consists of a few elementary cloak room thefts, dogs ear gag gifts and him rummaging around various YMCA lost and founds, but please, Buckfast call Spiro immediately and get him to bring the ladder. It’s time to get off the Pony son, your parents and the rest of the carnival folk need to take the fair to another K-mart parking lot.

There is no accounting for taste so saying one beer is better than another is about as productive as spending your days on TTP. At lease he said he tried it before he so very wrongly condemned it.

Thanks for not writing anything scathing TheRob you wouldn't want to slip up and be funny by accident. You have an Iron man record to consider.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
BTW - Once you drop your lime in your beer can you tell the difference b/t Corona, Sol, Dos Equis and Pacifico. Do you put an umbrella in your pint, also?

If purchased out of country all those beers NEED the lime... to help sanitize the drinking "oriface" and rid it of those pesky water born diseases.... ;)

Rob: Thanks for the Tip, I wondered what my membership got me..

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you guys knew how Mexica beer was made you wouldn't be drinking it. Made the mistake of going on a Corona tour once in Mexico and won't touch the stuff again.

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I quess Molson won't have that Canadian Feel anymore and i think that will cost them customers in the long run. I like pretty much any beer as long as it is cold and right in front of me but if i'm buying in the store it's Kieth's.......As for the stella debate...thumbs up from me ...great beer....

Tito Santana

Jul 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personalmente bebo solamente las cervezas españolas. Son las mejores y deben solamente estar bebieron por spaniards con estilo. Usted los canadienses no tiene ningún estilo y por lo tanto, no debe beber la cerveza española. Mi favorito es Estrella Damm. Es fresco y smoothe, como Tito, y me restaura en esas noches españolas calientes. Especialmente después de hacer amor a un Momma español hermoso Cita. Usted los cnuts mareados puede tener su Stella. Cuando están comparados a las grandes cervezas de España, no clasifican.

de Arrrrrrrrrrrribbbbbaaaaaaaaaaa

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts