Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many games should Weight get?

How many games should/will Doug Weight get?

• One.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two or Three.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Four of Five.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Five or Six.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • None.

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeing as how Allan got two games for what amounted to a love tap that happens a billion times a game, how many games should Doug Weight get for his deliberate slash/high stick to the face of Sedin? How could none of the FOUR officials not see this? It was brutal! I used to have a little respect for Weight, but after such a violent act, I have none. Did you see the look on his face when he did it? Pure evil. Evil I tell you.

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weight...

Brutal Cross check. The league has to make an example of Doug Weight and give him at least 5 games, but more than likely he will get 2. If you want something to laugh at go to the st. louis dispatch newspapers St. Louis blues forum and read the comments on how the blues fans view the cross check. Those Americans sure know their hockey...:rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think Weight should get suspended at all. You see, I have him in the hockey pool and already have four players injured. I really don't need to lose Weight now. I am sure this will be taken into consideration by the league disciplinary office.

El Jefe

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks: good team...yes

But...it disturbs me how many times or should I say frequently throughout a game such as tonite they get a glove, stick, elbow, bare knuckle in the face and keep taking it!!!

Show some pride boys or it's time to trade for Brasheer (sp?)!!

ElJefesufferingfromhypertensionafterwatchingtheboysgetbitchslapped!!!

:mad:

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
orriginally posted by dapotayto
I really don't need to lose Weight now

unless you've ballooned up substantially since the last time I saw you, you are right...you really don't need to loose wight.

cheers skinny,

on topic, brutal crosscheck....suspend him for 6 even if it does make dapotayto cry.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Minimum 5 games. I think a deliberate blow to the head should be 10 games. The league is trying to crack down on head shots, lets see if they have the balls to nail one of the leagues stars.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A maximum of 2 games. It wasn't that bad. Just because the Canucks lost, you guys are making a mountain of a mole hill. Don't be sore losers. He put both his hands up to KNVB's head and he happened to be holding on to the stick. Yes, it was close to his head but it's not Weight's fault that the Sedin's have quite possibly, the biggest helmets in the league......

As for your comment on Allen's suspension, he was lucky to get two. There was NO reason in the world for him to cheap shot Zetterberg like that and Zetterburg is now out for 6 fcuking weeks with a broken bone. Give your head a shake if you think it was a love tap. His broken bone didn't think so.

Go Flyers

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
message...

I wanna know what idiot out there in TTP land called me from his cell (blocked number) last night and asked if I was alright after the hit or not?

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As bad as it was........................I would say it will be around 1-3 games. Similar to MAy's earlier this year that got him just one game, and that too was to the head!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
comparing apples to oranges

John, I must say you last comment disappointed me... I thought you had more hockey knowledge than that??? :eek:
Brad May tried to hit his apponent on the shoulder, once the guy went down (I think he's actually a mate of May's?) Brad showed immidiate remorse and felt bad for what he did...

Doug Weight's deliberate cross check to the face of KNVB was a total disgrace and complete disrespect for a fellow professional... That Yankee bastard (which I also repected before his cheap shot on a Dallas player in the playoffs a couple of season ago) is a waste... One of the most taleted players in the world with a lack of class that is too bad... Throw the book at him... His face said a thousand words during and after the cheap shot on Sedin last night... Viscious and intent to injure...

As for the Captain's comment, yet again a wind up and nothing else... He doesn't speak the truth on TTP from fear he might actually have a following... How can we possibly like a Flyers/Celtic fan that constantly posts pish???:rolleyes:

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weight will get 2 to 3 games...........if the league wants the really clamp down on things like this, it should be harsher.....I think a more important thing to note is what Mr "el jefe" said in an earlier post......the Nucks' lack of toughness will hurt them down the road...........Wieght should have been a "marked man" all night...........but he wasn't. After the Bertuzzi/Jackman and May/Tkachuk hits there was always some sort of response from the Blues.......Last night to my disappointment, Weight wasn't even touched.

Message to all teams..........take as many liberties on the Canucks and there will be NO payback...........to make it worse their Power play was brutal last night!

To make the Nucks more complete they are in dire need of a tough guy, or more team toughness...........The tough guys on our team are needed on the ice and not in the box.

Sandman

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: message...

Originally posted by knvb
I wanna know what idiot out there in TTP land called me from his cell (blocked number) last night and asked if I was alright after the hit or not?

Fcuking hilarious. Wish I had a thought of that.

Guinness, your lack of a spell checker dissapointed me.

Mays hit wasn't as deliberate as Weight's 2 handed cross check that was aimed squarely at Sedin's face. Maybe he was thinking Sedin was a little taller than he was, I don't know.

As far as games, 4 games at least. If Allen got 2 games for a weak assed slash on Zetterpuss, then 4 is not out of the question.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Remember Allen's "weak assed slash" broke a bone. Whether Z-something-or other drinks Milk or not is another story.
Guinness, your lack of a spell checker dissapointed me.
You say that like it's ever been different.

Sandman, spot on as usual.

~Kettle

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

:D :D :D

Well done to however the hell did this.!!!!!11

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weight faces NHL discipline hearing

TSN.ca Staff

11/7/2003

Doug Weight is likely to be suspended today and it could be a significant one.

The St. Louis Blue centre will have a disciplinary hearing with the NHL today for a vicious crosscheck to the face of Vancouver's Henrik Sedin in last night's emotional Blues' victory over the Canucks.

Sedin was holding up Weight in the neutral zone when the usually composed Weight turned and cross-checked Sedin in the face, cutting him around the eye area.

Weight's presence was requested at an in-person hearing with NHL vice president Colin Campbell, which means unless there are mitigating circumstances the player could be looking at a suspension of five or more games.

Telephone hearings generally carry a penalty of four games or less.

Weight reportedly waived his right to appear in person, which means the hearing will be conducted by telephone, but the league is still entitled to levy the heavier suspension (five or more games) if it decides that is warranted.
This just in.

Bastard.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman, well put!

Guinness and others, my point is what he will get, not what we want as Nucks Fans. By bringing May's incident up I am also bringing into account his history of suspensions, which goes into the equation of how many games the guy got. Also they do (rightly or wrongly) they see what happened to the other player..............ZZZZ Red Wing gets a broken leg on a nothing tap, well the player needs to be suspended. Sedin gets up and plays his next shift...........

Did anyone else notice that the Blues left Bertuzzi alone last night, but went after others, like the Sedins? I think the Blues plan is to leave Big Bert alone, don't challenge him cause you can't win, and hope he doesn't get mad and change the game himself with another game ending hit!

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hank actually didn't play his next shift.

He received stitches at the bench then more after the game.
Probably a smart idea to leave Bert alone and bother everyone else. I guess they learned from the playoffs.

Was it me, or were the Nucks doing the patented "Russ Courtnall Drop-pass to No-one" last night. and don't get me started with Sopel.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good on Weight. With the CCM helmet, and now a nice scar, the boy is starting to look like a hockey player.

Give Weight some credit towards his next suspension...3 games credit sounds good.;)

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

As if you weren't expecting it:rolleyes:

By the way how are you feeling now:wa: :wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Allen got 2 games for a weak assed slash on Zetterpuss,

ZZZZ Red Wing gets a broken leg on a nothing tap,

For fcuk sakes, lads, he has a broken leg from a fcuking pointless SLASH. He had intent to slash Zetterberg on the leg and he did, breaking a bone in the process. I think in situations like this(a blatant cheapshot) if the player who is at the receiving end of the cheap shot is out for an extended period, the culprit should be kept out the same length of time. Remember when Kariya was cold-cokced after he scored? Everyone was screaming bloody murder at the time and thought the person(can't think who it is right now) who did it, should be out for the same amount of time that Kariya was going to be out. This is no different.

As for KNVB's cross-check, I was TTP a little bit in the earlier post. Weight should be disciplined with at least a five gamer. He had no intention but to put his stick into KNVB's face.

As for the game, I can't believe how undisciplned St. Louis is. You would have thought they would have learned from their last game. They were fortunate at the end to get the win, especially with Vancouver getting so many power plays. The first period was entertaining but the last two periods lacked flow.....

Captain

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts