Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

House of Sand and Fog

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Depressing as all get-out, but Sir Ben (Kingsley) is the man. It's easy to see why he was nominated for Best Actor. Likewise, the woman who played his wife -- some new Iranian actress -- was amazing (also nominated for best supporting).

Basically, it tells the story of a depressive woman who wrongly loses her house to the state (failure to pay a non-existent tax bill) and an Iranian family headed by Sir Ben who purchases said house on auction. The rest is a heated battle over possession of and who has a moral right to the house.

Depressing, tragic, and gripping.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Depressing as all get-out, but Sir Ben (Kingsley) is the man. It's easy to see why he was nominated for Best Actor. Likewise, the woman who played his wife -- some new Iranian actress -- was amazing (also nominated for best supporting).

Basically, it tells the story of a depressive woman who wrongly loses her house to the state (failure to pay a non-existent tax bill) and an Iranian family headed by Sir Ben who purchases said house on auction. The rest is a heated battle over possession of and who has a moral right to the house.

Depressing, tragic, and gripping.

This movie is so well made, so well directed. so well acted, but oh so tragic. I agree with Keeper, Kingsley is a master of his trade. Great movie but not for everyone.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you want another Kingsley classic, try "Sexy Beast". He has another film due out soon. Saw the trailer, which looks to be a cracker.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I heard the same. I've had trouble finding it available at the local shop, but I heard he has arguably the most violent and obscene dialogue ever written for film and presents it better than anyone possibly could.

True?

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ol' Ben does a very convincing nutter. More convincing then Hollywood's anointed gangster, Vinnie Jones, could ever hope to be. And he's as hard as RF's mid-section.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kingsley's performance in Sexy Beast was downright epic. He seems nuttier than squirrel shite (courtesy of Jinky) without reverting to the standard Cuckoo's Nest list of psychotic antics. The Oscar-calibre equivalent of a Cokcney squeege-kid trying to sooth his tourette's with repeated hits of smack and meth.

Perhaps the performance of a lifetime.

So can anybody explain to me what the hell he's doing starring in Thunderbirds?

Anybody?

Anybody?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts