Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

House of Habs III

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the way Les Habitants have been playing the past week, including the big home-opening thrasing of the Caps, I can't believe none of the TTP Montreal faithful have started this one up yet.

First off, as much as I hate "Hab-fan", it was a nice move by the crowd to give ol' Briesbois a standing ovation when his name was announced against Washington the other night. Patrice should have turned right around and thanked Gainey for it, but what the hell, it was a nice gesture all-around.

Secondly, I've got Mike Ryder as the early pick for the Calder. If I'm not mistaken, he's playing on the second line with Perrault and Audette (correct me if I'm wrong), which will do wonders for his offensive output. His only hangup might be that he plays with so much energy, he could hit the rookie wall earlier than most. But he's looked really impressive so far.

I'm not sure this is a playoff team yet. They'll need guys like Hossa and Ribiero to have pretty solid years, and they both might still be a year or two away from reaching their full potential. Obviously, it all comes down to Theodore...I think they need to stick around the 8th spot in the East until the final month or so, and then rely on Jose to do what he did two years ago to carry them in.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhhhh, Oui. Les Canadiens

...les super canadiens de montreal.

Sensei,
so far so good.
My apologizes for not starting it up...

My greatest fear is Gainey trading Theodore to Colorado.
I have heard some bad rumours.......and if Gretz....errr...ROY could get traded, anbody could.

Some whispering has included Tanguay and Sauve for Jose and a late pick.

BUT, they still look sharp early on...without SAKU nonetheless.

Gainey will have this team in the Finals within three(3) years.

GO HABS GO!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No comment

Because Mr.Coppertone has hibernated for the last year!!! He's the biggest wop errrr Hab fan!!!:rolleyes:

Go Canucks Go!!!:wa: :knvb:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HABS

As the initiator of the first Two House of Habs threads, it was a pleasent surprise to see this one open up. Sensei, I know deep down inside you love the HABS:rolleyes: who doesn't like the HABS:rolleyes: ?

Jose Theodore will not be traded from the HABS. Gainey is trying to build a team and he will build it around Theo. Through all of his family problems and his poor play last year he still looks to be comfortable in Montreal. His situation is far different from Patrick Roy's. Also look for Theodore to be put a stop to all those comments around the league that his HART/VEZINA win was a fluke. I have a feeling that this team will be a little less dependant on Theo this year now that they are able to produce some offence.

Sensei, Mike Ryder might have picked up the infamous Bryan Savage syndrom. Play huge in his first 20 games and then dissapear. He is playing purely off emotion right now and should play himself on to a line in Hamilton by the end of October. Hopefully, this wont be the case. Hossa on the other hand is a great young player. Very strong on the puck and is not afraid to go to the net. Not as developed as his brother but alot of potential. Don't really see him anywhere but the big club this year and that should help his confidence.

Ribeiro is the Shits.

I think the forgotten guy in Montreal is Richard Zednik. For the last couple of seasons he has been so dangerous at times, looking like a Peter Bondra type player, but he has been too inconsistent. Hopefully this year he is able to rub off that tag and get to the 40 goal mark. With a healthy Saku Koivu that seems to be a very achievable target.

Defence is still a problem with the HABS, Brisebois is there best defender and there is alot of young potential, but they still are in need of another guy who could fit in top 4 on another team. I think that is where Gainey's first real aquisition needs to be.

I know nobody cares about the HABS so if you bothered to read this thanks for your time.....:rolleyes:

From Montreal, For TSN, The Apprentice

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Flyers will finish ahead of the shoc-king Habs AGAIN this year and will get knocked out in the second round this year AGAIN. Montreal will not have to worry about the playoffs AGAIN.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ribeiro had a good game last night.

Fil...I think CuJo to Colorado is far more likely than Gainey trading away the franchise for Sauve and Tanguay. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sean Burke end up in Dever either, at this rate. Although they'll give AssBasher a really, really long audition as the starter before pulling the trigger on a move.

To keep this on topic...Mike Ryder with yet another point last year. I think I've started the unofficial TTP Mike Ryder bandwagon.

Ze App...if Gainey is looking to make a move to strengthen the defensive corps anytime soon, why not take a stab at inking Berard??

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by sensei_hanson

Ze App...if Gainey is looking to make a move to strengthen the defensive corps anytime soon, why not take a stab at inking Berard??

Because Berard only has one good eye....
;)
its not a wink, its Berards swollen eye

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goalies

Originally posted by sensei_hanson

Fil...I think CuJo to Colorado is far more likely than Gainey trading away the franchise for Sauve and Tanguay. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sean Burke end up in Dever either, at this rate. Although they'll give AssBasher a really, really long audition as the starter before pulling the trigger on a move.

Yes, you are porbably right....but I am still concerned.
Until the Aves goalie situation is resolved...I wont sleep at night.
If the press keeps up with Theodore's family/personal problems, he could say he wants out.
I like the Burke to Colorado, but I just cant see Cujo going there.
Why would Detroit add fuel to the fire?
"cujo, you stunk last year, so we brought back a retired goalie to replace you. See ya, or have fun watching on the bench."

He will not go to any contending team in the west(Dallas, Colorado, Vancouver....)

Another classic match up tomorrow....Leafs-Canadiens

On a side note....watched a bit of the Columbus game last night on the dish....Rick Nash looks like he will be in the top ten in scoring , if not this year, next year.....
Very poised for a young guy...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight, Les Habitants unveiled their 2003 vintage jersey against the Red Wings (Habs 2 - 1 Wings). But I have to admit that I'm not all that impressed with the on-ice version. It looks a little Hurricane-ish.

Apparently we'll be seeing two different vintage versions during the 'Nucks games (18th & 25th of November): one in white and the other in red.
The move came as part of the NHL's Vintage Jersey Program, which features six teams. The Canadiens will wear a replica of their official white jersey from the 1945-1946 season on six occasions at the Bell Centre. Five of the Canadiens’ six opponents for those games will be Original Six teams: Detroit, Boston, New York, Chicago and Toronto. The Vancouver Canucks will be the other featured opponent.

Montreal will also don its 1945-1946 uniform for a Feb. 26 contest in Boston. The team will wear a replica of its official red jersey from the 1958-1959 season for two other road games, one on Nov. 18 in Vancouver, the other on Nov. 22 in Edmonton.
I wish I had cable so I could listen to Don Taylor's description of them.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do, however, like the vintage version available for fan purchase. Why don't they wear these ones?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
very nice win

beating a team like Detroit makes a statement.

The Wings are old......

and are not HALF the team the were last year with Fedorov and LArionov.

Hasek or not, this team allows too many shots, and doesnt have the offensive punch to go head-to-head with other teams.

That being siad , the HABS Looked great against them.
Won every battle in the corners, and as Sensei mentioned, Ryder looks great.

GO HABS GO!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: HABS

Originally posted by The Apprentice
Ribeiro is the Shits

Puzzling statement by the Apprentice. Ribeiro has been very good for the Habs thus far. What exactly is the problem with Ribeiro?

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
cannot decide

Habs or Leafs, hmmmm...... Habs or Leafs........
Cannot decide which team I hate the most. Perhaps I will base my decision on the attitude of the fans..............Habs fans or Leaf Fans..........Hmmmmm.......Habs fans or Leaf fans..........
Again, both equally irritating...........
Fcuk em both :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Les Habitants fans,

Shove this up your fcuking hole.

Montreal 0, Philadelphia 5

Preview - Box Score - Recap

1 2 3 Total

Montreal 0 0 0 0 9:22

Philadelphia 2 2 1 5 3rd

Montreal Power Play

Page Refresh: Off | 30 seconds | 60 seconds

Penalty Box Time Left
Philadelphia C. Lapointe cross check - 2 min 1:52

Scoring Summary
1st Period
Philadelphia 5:38, Simon Gagne 1 (Sami Kapanen, Keith Primeau)
Philadelphia 8:56, Tony Amonte 2 (Joni Pitkanen, Marcus Ragnarsson)
2nd Period
Philadelphia 2:36, Michal Handzus 3 (Justin Williams, John LeClair)
Philadelphia 12:06, John LeClair 1 (Justin Williams)
3rd Period
Philadelphia 9:21, Marcus Ragnarsson 1 (power play) (Michal Handzus, Simon Gagne)

:wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk, you're almost as bad as the Huns commenting after a loss. LeClair and Gagne back in the line-up was obviously too much for the shite team from Montreal to handle. Unlucky.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Habs or Leafs, hmmmm...... Habs or Leafs........
Cannot decide which team I hate the most. Perhaps I will base my decision on the attitude of the fans..............Habs fans or Leaf Fans..........Hmmmmm.......Habs fans or Leaf fans..........
Again, both equally irritating...........

Could not agree more. Good to see Gagne back too !!

Parkhead

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shamrock

Congrats on your third win of the season:rolleyes:

3 wins in 8 games....be proud of your flyers.
The Flyers are lucky that they are in one of the weakest divisions.
Other than the struggling Champs, not much else to worry about.
The Atlantic Division might as well be renamed VMSL Side B Premier

Seriously,
Once I heard Leclair was back in the lineup against the HABS I knew it was going to be a loooong night for them.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Bitter

Originally posted by Zaurrini

The Atlantic Division might as well be renamed VMSL Side B Premier

Funny stuff after the Flyers back-up shuts ya out 5-0, I guess you are bitter that Inter is in last place and facing Relegation :eek: .

hos

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS

Dont even start....
If we get relegated, it will because we only get Three points from Khalsa this year, and not the usual SIX points....

Thanks for the points....and the warm up game in the provincials.;)

HABS are picking their battles......
Theodore will get us into the playoffs once again this year!
Be warned!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts