Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

House of Habs III

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't believe you said that

Originally posted by Zaurrini
If we get relegated

I can't believe you even think like that, you mean When :eek:

Ya, Ya, you had our number last year. New year now, we will see who takes the 3 points, and who is in 1st Div. next year.

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 wins in 8 games....be proud of your flyers.

1 regulation loss in 8 games is a better way to look at it. How many losses do the don-keys from Montreal have? FOUR. Bad argument, Zaurrini. Your beloved Habs will go nowhere again....................My Flyers will do something this year. They will come out of the east.......

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well coming out of the east is better than coming out of the closet. Still, I am wondering about you after you shoved that five-nil scoreline straight up the Habs fans fcuking holes. Made me laugh, though, too I must admit.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain DickRock, I know the Habs are shite:rolleyes: and making the playoffs is a far stretch for this team but, when are you gonna come back down to earth regarding the Flyers? Year after Year you brag about how good they are and how this year will be there year, its kinda getting a little overplayed. I know they have accomplished alot more than the HABS the last couple of years and maybe beyond that but they really have not done f*ck all. With the amount of superstars(Rechi, Primeau,Roenick, Gagne, Leclair,Amonte) they have in their line-up wouldnt you expect more?

It is probably amusing for you to come and check this thread out and see how happy HAB fans are after a win against a teams like Pittsburgh or Carolina, well, its just as amusing at the end of the year to see you in the Philly thread wondering what "could have, should have and would have" been if the flyers werent the f*ckin Shits.

Hackett's the Saviour.:rolleyes:
Go Make your own Philly thread , I am sure HOS needs someone to play with.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge Win

Scoring has been a HUGE problem as of late....so coming away with any kind of point would have been big....but to take the TWO points from BeanTown, after getting the beats the other day by the same team.....was HUGE!

They Get the rangers on Saturday....then the Oilers.

Should be a four pointer!

Bring on the Cup!:rolleyes:

Ahhh oui, les Canadiens. Les Super Canadiens de Montreal!

PS. The Flyers suck. Sure they collect points off the bad teams.
But the Bad teams wont make the playoffs, and the FLyers will lose in the first/second round. Again.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprentshit,

The Flyers will fcuking finish higher than the Frogs. Simple as that. Get over it and see if you can talk management into buying some players who might score more than 1 goal every 3 games. Good stuff. As for expecting more, a goalie would be a great start. If the Flyers get a legitimate number one goalie, they will will win the East. Simple really.

Captain

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

We have been hearing that same old story for many years. If only the Flyers can get a first rate goalie...... Yet they never do. That was the only missing element that kept them from winning a cup with the legion of doom. They havent had a legit goalie since Pele hit the wall in his porche. 15 years or so.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captains defence

Hammerhead.....

Hextall. period.

Flyers will continue to play well....might even finish in the top 3-4 in the East.
But come playoffs....you will see them fold.

The flyers payroll is over 60 mil....the Habs just over 40.

The Flyers need to do two things:

1) Fire Bobby Clarke.
2) Find a legitimate goalie (as much as I like Hackett, I dont think he will fit there)

BACK ON TOPIC.

The Habs took there inability to score last night and turned it into a guarnateed one point....then the got a break and took two points.
Theodore is again the Saviour.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trivia

How many non-canadians have won the Conn Smythe?

without researching...see who has the answer.
I just came across it when I was looking for the photo of the trophy....thought it was interesting.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Flyers have had two good goalies......Parent and Hextall....Both took them to the Stanley Cup finals, which is a lot more than current years........

Back on topic...We agree Zaurrini. Clarke needs to be fired and the need a top goalie. Montreal is shite......Cheers. :)

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really

That is actually really crazy. There have been so many good players from other countries that it is hard to believe there are only two.

Just another reason Canada is the Hockey power!!

Parkhead

The Chunger

Apr 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bruins

You clowns should check out Saturday night and think about bringing back Gaston Gingras, and Benoit Brunet!

Go Bruins!!!

Raycroft wins the Calder

Thornton wins MVP

Sullivan wins Coach of the Year

Samsanov wins Come back player of the year

Zuarinni wins the free hair cut at the fundraiser!

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow....

it has been a long time since we heard from The Chunger.

Raycroft is a rookie?
of the possible awards...only Thornton has a chance.
But, he wont get it because he plays for Boston.

here is to winning the Prosciutto at the fundraiser,

Guy zAUrrini

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Habs are making some noise in the East over the last little while. Playing really well offensively for a change and not relying on Jose SavesomeMore to win them every game. Mike Ryder will be the rookie of the year, this kid has the hot hand in Montreal and has been really consistent all season.
Hate to say it but Mike Ribeiro looks to be having his first decent season of his career...I still think he is soft but 35 points for him at this point of the year is amazing.

Go Habs Go

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Making Moves

Canadiens obtain Kovalev from Rangers
Canadian Press
MONTREAL (CP-AP) - The Montreal Canadiens added some much needed scoring help to their lineup Tuesday night by acquiring winger Alexei Kovalev from the New York Rangers.
In return, the Canadiens sent prospect Josef Balej and a 2004 second-round pick to the Rangers, who are on their way to a seventh straight season out of the playoffs.
Montreal, meanwhile, is currently seventh in the Eastern Conference with 76 points, 11 points up on Florida for the final playoff spot.
``Our team has shown perseverance and strength throughout this season,'' Canadiens general manager Bob Gainey said in a release. ``The opportunity to support the pursuit of our goal of making the playoffs by acquiring a veteran NHL player was presented to us and we have taken on that opportunity.''
Kovalev is earning $6.6 million US this year and will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, so his stay in Montreal may be short.
The Canadiens hope it will be long enough to take them deep into the playoffs. In Kovalev, Montreal gets a potent forward who has scored 30 or more goals each of the last three seasons. The 32-year-old is also a veteran who won a Stanley Cup with the Rangers in 1994.

Great Trade for the HABS. Its good to see that the club is trying to improve its position and solidify its line-up for the playoffs. Can't really say the same for TTP's Team the Canucks. Anybody that has averaged over a point a game their entire career has to be considered a great aquisition. He will do wonders for the power play and should go right to the top line. Habs dont have to sign him at the end of the season but it would be nice to atleast make an offer and try to keep a guy this talented in Montreal for a couple of years. Also heard something about Bob Gainey giving up Jan Bulis and a pick for Jeff O'Neill. Gainey and Carolina GM Bob Rutherford were seen in Montreal Today and reports out of montreal say the deal could be done tomorrow. Kovalev and O'Neill in back to back days? to the HABS? who would have thunk it............ :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't you think giving up a prospect as good at Balej is a lot for a guy who is clearly on the downside of his career? This is Kovalev's 13th year in the NHL, and Balej seems about as can't-miss as they come.

Still, it is a bold move by Gainey, who I guess figures his team can make some noise in the East. New Jersey aren't the same team who won the Cup last season...and Toronto, Philly and Ottawa all have question marks in that none are run-away favourites to take the conference. Gainey does have a wildcard with Theodore who has shown, in the past, that he can win a series basically on his own. Kovalev will be making a pretty good PP all that much better in Montreal as well, which is always key in the post-season.

Instead of getting O'Neill, maybe the Habs should look to shore-up the blueline with getting Brendan Witt out of Washington as well.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0