Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!!! New Canuck uni's!!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think by any means they managed to knocks the socks off 'em this time round, but yes, they are a definite improvement over others from the past. Just a mild reworking of last years' Vintage jersey: nothing more.

Had they gone anywhere near the ones post above right, there would have arguments over a new look (round patches in the elbows, stylized font on the numbers/letters, trimmed look). In a phrase: just more arguments between some people who like 'em and those who don't.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think by any means they managed to knocks the socks off 'em this time round, but yes, they are a definite improvement over others from the past. Just a mild reworking of last years' Vintage jersey: nothing more.

Had they gone anywhere near the ones post above right, there would have arguments over a new look (round patches in the elbows, stylized font on the numbers/letters, trimmed look). In a phrase: just more arguments between some people who like 'em and those who don't.

Thanks Scott Rentool

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At my work we had a discussion on this and 90% of the people do not approve of the new kit. Especially the fact that it says Vancouver the way it does and we still have the whale on the front?

I agree with them...thumbs definately down!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canucks are not the only ones putting their city name on their jersey.

But, this is a little more discreet.

Attachments

• kings_white.jpg
    kings_white.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 157

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canucks are not the only ones putting their city name on their jersey.

But, this is a little more discreet.

Discreet but super ugly :(

I would be a fan of the Canuck's jersey without the VANCOUVER over the logo. Like the jersey colours, the whale is more basic (why does everyone hate the orca?)...but not liking the retro logo on the shoulders. Pick one and go with it.

There. Bring it! :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ve gotta say, I actually do like the Vancouver written across. Colors are great.

I don’t mind the Orca redesign, and I do think it is a clean look…but it just sticks with me that it is corporate. The actual design, I don’t mind, and don’t mind the idea behind the Orca / native collage. Just…what does it have to do with a Canuck? That’s where they lose me.

After all the hype, I was hoping they would finally get it right, and incorporate a logo of Johnny Canuck. Hopefully they will on the 3rd jersey.

The shirt itself is not ugly, and I think anyone outside Vancouver will find it to be a pretty cool logo. It’s just that us die-hards have suffered for too long with bad logos, and now that McCaw is gone, there seemed to be an opportunity to do away with that period in the team history.

Shame. Wasted opportunity.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What really symbolizes Vancouver or the word Canuck ?

Symbolize
Concerning the Whale ..yes former ownership was Orca Bay and the
whale was their thing but looking at what attracts people to BC to Visit
or of "what they know" of BC is our scenery (mountains , water, Natural habititat, Aborignal art ) and the Multiple things you can do in Vancouver " Snow ski in the Morning and a Round of Golf in the afternoon "

The Killer Whale in the Aboriginal ink and markings I felt worked fine for that ..
what are we going to have a Pot leaf or a landscape picture with BC Place in the forefront or how about a Picture of one of the Fast cat Ferries ..

Canuck
Johnny Lumberjack ... come on .. how many people know about that &
With all the Global warming paranoia do we really want a clear cutter
as our emblem

The Rink and stick seems to be the best solution as it means nothing except
to Canuck fans ... or go with the Vintage Colours and just have the word
CANUCKS scrolled down at a angle Like the Ave's ,Penguins and Rangers have ..

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And this is what happens when you let the PC Police run the show...:rolleyes:

The logo would be great if the team were called the Vancouver Killer Whales. Or the Vancouver Orcas. It isn't.

Nothing wrong with a good old lumberjack. I don't care about perception of those outside BC, here our team is named "The Canucks", and that logo does not represent our team name. I agree it is nice, but it doesn't fit at all.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
<Dude>I don't care about perception of those outside BC, here our team is named "The Canucks", and that logo does not represent our team name. I agree it is nice, but it doesn't fit at all.</Dude>In fact, since my last post, I was talking to my mother and she mentioned the same thing, and I can't really disagree with her or you. What does "Canucks" mean to the rest of the league fans? I guess the jersey should make more of an effort in explaining itself.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny Canuck

That's true about the comic book hero, but the history of the word goes much deeper, and it has nothing to do with whales.

Canuck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Specifically, the word describes a Canadian settler, most typically of French Canadian heritage. A lumberjack, or a trader, but mostly a hearty, brave, strong Canadian.

Again, if you want to go "T-Idiot PC", you could take it a whole number of degrees further, and describe a people who came to this land, pillaged, stole from, and slaughtered the natives, and helped themselves forcefully to whatever they pleased.

But, I don't believe or read anywhere that the word "Canuck" was meant to describe a barbarian- just simply a tough Canadian. Some say it is a slang...well, only when used by Americans. Just like they don't like it when we call them Yanks, I don't like it when American's refer to me as a "Cunook":rolleyes: .

Anyhow, I'd have had no problem with the team bringing good old Johnny Canuck back to life in a logo. I think it would have been a much better likeness of what the name is supposed to represent.

Still disappointed...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny Canuck

That's true about the comic book hero, but the history of the word goes much deeper, and it has nothing to do with whales.

Canuck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Specifically, the word describes a Canadian settler, most typically of French Canadian heritage. A lumberjack, or a trader, but mostly a hearty, brave, strong Canadian.

Again, if you want to go "T-Idiot PC", you could take it a whole number of degrees further, and describe a people who came to this land, pillaged, stole from, and slaughtered the natives, and helped themselves forcefully to whatever they pleased.

But, I don't believe or read anywhere that the word "Canuck" was meant to describe a barbarian- just simply a tough Canadian. Some say it is a slang...well, only when used by Americans. Just like they don't like it when we call them Yanks, I don't like it when American's refer to me as a "Cunook":rolleyes: .

Anyhow, I'd have had no problem with the team bringing good old Johnny Canuck back to life in a logo. I think it would have been a much better likeness of what the name is supposed to represent.

Still disappointed...

Just a quick note Vancouver is no longer in the fur trade and last time I checked downtown doesn't have alot of lumberjacks:rolleyes:

who gives a flying fukc what they were, they could were a pink nighty and if the team was winning and won a cup you and everyone else down here would buy one. The jersey although sore on the eyes is still the best jersey the canucks have ever had!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a minor detail called our historical reference. :rolleyes:

I don't mind the look at all (if you'd read all the posts you'd have learned that), it just doesn't fit w/ the name whatsoever.

True about the pink nighty...if they win a cup, who gives a shite what's on the shirt.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts