Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Horse Racing

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby and I will be making the first and hopefully not the last, venture to Hastings Park on Wednesday, August 1st. We are not competing with the mighty HBDE/Cheatside function but we decided before this debacle came up. If anyone else in interested please post here or e-mail me so we can all meet at a desired location. Parade to post is at 6:15 I believe......

Bucky, Jinky, CDK, anyone else for that matter? It would be great to see a few of the TTPers there. Either way the Mad Greek and his calming influence, Captain Shamrock, will be there.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Check your PM

Buckfast,

I just sent a PM to you. Ballsy and anyone else who might be going, we should meet at the main entrance at 6:00. I think there are only 2 enterances.....

I'm looking forward to it already.....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Checking things out

Bucky,

Jinky , Jimmy(no fcuking name yet on TTP), and I went down to Hastings after watching Celtic thump St. Johnstone to check things out. The good thing is no favorites won during the 4 races we stayed for but the bad news was we all backed favorites. So, things are setting up nicely for Wednesday night.

3 of the favorites came second which meant fcuk all to us.

Things can only get better.........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reply?

5BigToes and CD,

I am waiting for a reply about Wednesday even. It would be nice to have a "handful" of TTPers there. See you then. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Respone required

Ballsy,

What time are you able to meet on Wednesday? What arrangements work for you? I will pick up the racing form tomorrow to ensure a profitable evening.

The parade to post is earlier than I thought. Apparently it is at 5:54 with the first race starting approximately 10 minutes after that....... I will confirm that tomorrow.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horse's do not need to be fed

Captain,

I will be there around 5:15. I'll call you tomorrow to settle all the details.

We shall not feed the horses this trip, shall we young Stephen? :D

Regards

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a chance, this is my last chance...

Ballsy,

This is my last chance at making enough money to go to Kamloops this weekend...... :)

As for tomorrow, I will be gone from 11:00 tomorrow until after 9:00. It might be easier to send me an e-mail or PM, and then one of us can forward it to Bucky.

Thanks. I will be up studying the form from 9:30 until midnight. So you can call me then, if you choose. No one will hear the phone except me as the ringer is always off upstairs......

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Kamloops, thanks to Ballbaby

Pgm Horse Win Place Show
10 Coventry Rose 7.60 4.00 2.90
6 Her Little Majesty 3.40 2.50
8 Alys Coldcreekstar 3.90

Exacta 10-6 PAID $26.00.
Superfecta 10-6-8-9 PAID $176.40.
Pick 3 3-6-10 PAID $193.50.

COVENTRY ROSE hustled along, stalked, rallied, gained command turn, drew clear. HER LITTLE MAJESTY away alertly, chased, rallied, finished well, second best. ALYS COLDCREEKSTAR hustled along, assumed command, drew clear, set pace, gave way. MY LITTLE MAGIC hustled along, well placed, stalked pace, evenly. TICKLE ME MALMO slow early, gaining, 3 wide trip, failed to menace. STELLAR KAT trailed first half mile, late gain, outrun. ANGEL DUST unhurried early, showed little, no threat. FROSTY MIRACLE bumped start, showed little, no factor. SLEW DRUMMER hustled along, middle of pack, through after half, gave way. RIP N ZIP away alertly, well placed, through early, dropped back.

Attendance: 2017
Handle: $477,177 ( $67 of this was mine )

I was going to finish with a nice $20 bet on the eventual winner

Coventry Rose Coventry Rose but Ballbaby told me NEVER to bet on a female jockey. Sure enough, the female jockey won. Damn Greeks.

No Kamloops thanks to tonight's outcome. A good night though as Mr. D Fiorv. looked after us well with a tremendous buffet with all the trimmings, though I personally focussed on the potatoes and rice. Pints were only $2 and change, although I only had one. It was enjoyable despite Ballbaby's lack of success and his ability to change my winning picks to losers, quickly.

Yours in the paddock,

Captain Shamrock

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kentucky Oaks and Kentucky Derby

Make mental note: Definitely make a trip to Louisville, Kentucky next year for the Kentucky Oaks and of course the Derby on the following day. First of all here is my main pick: Johannesburg

Have a look at these pictures from today's 128th running of the Kentucky Oaks won by a 20-1 shot. Never mind the 20-1 shot, look at the birds that were partaking in the festivites. Three words: Tre-men-dous......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kentucky Oaks II

And the good thing is, they are all drinking beer. Quality.

KNVB, I'm talking about the bird in the green top, not the fella in the white top behind her.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oaks III

Out of the 101, 137 in attendance, one photographer did a fantastic job.....

Shall we all start saving our money now, gentlemen? I am sure the Gaffa will be in, and he might be able to get that tip from Hong Kong we have been waiting for over the past 18 months....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oaks IV

Apparently, the photographer was also captain in command of the Nugget Patrol. Tre-men-dous. I am fcuking going to the Oaks/Derby next year. It is as simple as that.......or maybe the Irish Derby this summer.........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
War Emblem, the 20-1 shot, went wire-to-wire. I don't fancy its' chances in the Preakness though. He was tiring at the end and the extra distance in the Preakness might be too much. It will also be a much different field, with 14 horses likely to run.......

Train

Oct 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Preakness Derby

Preakness Derby was the biggest party I have ever been to. I went to this horse race/party five years ago. There were 30,000 people in the infield and about 90% of them had no idea that there was a race going on.

And thankfully the day was blessed with a heat wave which meant that there was a plethora of bathing suits on hand.

On a local note, I recommend to everyone to take advantage of the Terrrace seating at Hastings, and the buffet while attending Fraser Downs (you'll have to book ahead about a week) as well as the cheap beer.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jeez...you think you know a guy, then he goes and uses a word like "plethora".:rolleyes:

I was in Louisville for work a few years ago during the week of the Kentucky Derby. Although we couldn't attend any official events, the tallent was sure out at the bars.

When a Southern bell says to you, "Honey, you wanna dayance?", you're pretty much done for the evening...:eek:

Dude has a weakness for Southern bells and their hot accents...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts