Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Home Gym: Treadmills

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do love running but only to achieve a known goal.

If I do continue running after I hit my goals it will only be to become competitive and win shite. Not interested in running a marathon to say I did it.

If I do a marathon it will be to finish first in my age category.

And that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For me it’s a necessary evil in “racing” triathlons. For the first time since youth, I finally felt like I was in a good couple of races in ‘19. Xtera style suits me. Road triathlons, I feel like I’m a hot dog and everyone behind me are rabid dogs. For whatever reason, as soon as I hit trails I feel lighter and become relatively quicker. Can’t run fast on road if my life depends on it. Even going from 198 to 173 since October, that road speed just hasn’t materialized.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can’t say I enjoy it, I can’t just randomly run. I need an ending point rather than just running around aimlessly until I hit 8k or 10k. Usually do Poco trails and Mundy park. Music is a must.
Lack of exercise machines at home make it a must. I just don’t wanna spend the money

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can’t say I enjoy it, I can’t just randomly run. I need an ending point rather than just running around aimlessly until I hit 8k or 10k. Usually do Poco trails and Mundy park. Music is a must.
Lack of exercise machines at home make it a must. I just don’t wanna spend the money
Me, this exactly, except I have the home machines, and as spring rolls around they go back to being clothes hangers. I tolerate inside but certainly I view that as a chore. I can't remember the last time I ran for enjoyment. If it's a beautiful day, running falls down to about 5th or 6th. Somewhere behind yard work. Who am I kidding, on a sunny day? Unless it's written into my plan, running does not hit the radar.

Also, my body struggles to handle the wear and tear of running more than 3 days a week. Mostly the back. I'm 100% certain this is all thanks to footy. Currently on a plan that sees me run 3x / week, one long (2 hours) w/ trails, one either hills or track interval workout (1 hour, hit the intervals after 32 minutes, and no, the track doesn't seem to be helping to make me faster), one an EASY hour, like so easy it's frustrating. All of the rest of my hours are swimming or riding, and riding is the most...because I don't need motivation to mountain bike. Actually love that. Swimming till recently the hardest mainly because getting pool slots was a bitch. Now, just do most in a lake, lots of those around. I have found I love swimming, too. It's so great for rehab, and I find it's perfect after a hard day previous running or riding. It works out the kinks.

@Regs - kinda amazed you don't find the same issues w/ the wear and tear w/ all the running you are doing.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It comes and goes but I'm finding it a part of the process in getting certain body structures building up as I go through each program.

Currently nearing the end of another 6 week "beginners" running program (week 5 started yesterday). Trainer talks A LOT about how amazing our bodies are and how small aches and pains are a good/expected thing as our skeletal systems adopt and strengthen.

Lots of interval training / progression involved. For example, week 1 was pretty much all 1 minute running / 1 minute walking intervals. Then you have a growth session where the running part increases but the speed is slightly lower. It's hard to not bump the speed up but I'm trusting the process and you really do feel the difference as you get deeper into the program.

Pretty sure I'm ready to take the next step and start an intermediate running program that will prep for longer/faster running sessions.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It comes and goes but I'm finding it a part of the process in getting certain body structures building up as I go through each program.

Currently nearing the end of another 6 week "beginners" running program (week 5 started yesterday). Trainer talks A LOT about how amazing our bodies are and how small aches and pains are a good/expected thing as our skeletal systems adopt and strengthen.

Lots of interval training / progression involved. For example, week 1 was pretty much all 1 minute running / 1 minute walking intervals. Then you have a growth session where the running part increases but the speed is slightly lower. It's hard to not bump the speed up but I'm trusting the process and you really do feel the difference as you get deeper into the program.

Pretty sure I'm ready to take the next step and start an intermediate running program that will prep for longer/faster running sessions.
"I'm trusting the process and you really do feel the difference as you get deeper into the program."

This. I work with a coach / friend, and I ask a lot of questions. Finally he just says, "Do as I say, no more, no less, and let the magic happen"

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This has been my concerns all along. When dudes can't play soccer and drinking, they start talking about their feelings. Off side.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure there are some young players- 9 of them- lurking & reading this shite and saying to themselves, "The Dads are loosing it."

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been holding back for days wanting to suggest you guys need to go to spa and put cucumbers on your eyelids with avocado face masks wearing comfy bath robes while you get pedicures.

I'll be off now drinking black and tans Friday for lunch with the English/Scottish lads while we get tucked into pies and bacon sangies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts