Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Home Gym: Treadmills

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, can we officially get a @Regs day counter going on in here? Wagers? Side wagers?

$ for 10 days used in a month
...15 days
...20 days

or....

Days of non use where it officially becomes clothes hanger.

...10 days unused = jacket.
...15 days unused = jacket and some boxes
...20 days unused = it becomes a rack for other sports equipment, like so.

I have no idea how to set this up, but the idea of it makes me laugh.

...Fcuking dreadmills...

Attachments

• ski rack.jpg
    ski rack.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 9

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 "non-use" days since we've had it (24th/25th). Going strong so far, didn't realise how much I missed running (well fast walking / inclines at this point).

The series I'm following / working through now, it's a husband and wife team... turns out their son plays MLS (17 year old Kaden Clark NYRB) and daughter plays for UWV.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice.

I’m actually on 3x running per week now. The treadmill will unfold when I have some pace work or “speed” work to accomplish. Speed being 1/2 the pace we used to play at in our 20s of course. For now, outside is working for me, trails in the snow is currently ok as long as it’s packed down.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI - Best Buy has good stuff in stock for Boxing Day Deals including what I purchased ($700 cheaper):

It's a bitch to assemble but is well worth the effort.
Put in a low price guarrantee match request... approved the other day and money in account yesterday.

The gift that keeps on giving :)

I feel better than I have ever over the last decade.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
they’ve been pretty good with stuff like that. Bought an Open Box TV from them a few months ago, they packed the wrong plug with it. Contacted them, they offered to take TV back or refund me some money off the already screaming deal. 2 days and I had money refunded.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Put in a low price guarrantee match request... approved the other day and money in account yesterday.

The gift that keeps on giving :)

I feel better than I have ever over the last decade.

So, you've been piling on the runs, eh? How many days since purchase you think you've used it? And what's next? Sign up for an event (assuming, of course, there are any in 2021...don't get me started...)?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Simple version of how many times I've used it:

1610640594462.png

Daily time spent on treadmill:

1610640668447.png
Daily distance:

1610640701229.png

No events planned at this point, first goal is strictly weight loss and feeling better.

Down almost 10LBs already...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good for you. Takes 30 days to set a habit, very impressed you've been able to do this.

I didn't realize how much that need for daily exercise meant to me till it was taken away. I blew up my shoulder August 2019; at that time I think I was the fittest I've been in my "old man" life past 40, and by a long shot. Felt unstoppable, then overconfidence and nature brought me to a screaming halt. A lot of recovery, rehab, and one surgery later it was basically a year until it was in good enough condition to do anything besides a walk, moderate hike, or moderate float in the water. It was soul sucking, especially when the pandemic hit. I was in a bad, bad place.

I don't know if my body would accept or reject running so many concecutive days like you are, but being back to a level of training 6/7 days a week, and being able to ski and ride hard again has totally put me back into a better place.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not at the running stage yet, though one of the program series I just started is building up to that.

For the most part, everything has been about training my body to use energy properly so that when I do get to the running part, the fat removal is gonna speed up. I don't really know if I'm working as hard as I can yet so purchased an armband HRM which I'll be using for the first time today.

Of course, hand-in-hand with this is finally paying attention to nutrition. Really started tracking what is going into my body this past weekend... Myfitnesspal is the app/site I've settled on.

Other tech toys on this journey so far includes a smart scale that syncs to an app on my phone.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a good approach for getting back into fitness after a long layoff.

Learn the HR zones, and your re-introduction to running should be with the thought in mind to keep your pace in the "Green" zone as much as possible for the first month, best way to build slow is listen to the heart. Also, you simply won't hate running by keeping is purposefully in a HR zone that is comfortable. Your recoveries will be better on your whole body, and you will build up. As much as you can, forget about what you used to do. Pretty much everyone on this site could have probably run 10 KM in under 40 minutes at some stage of youth; it ain't happening. Accept that now and know it'll take a while to find your new post 40 fitness levels, but definitely sounds like you are trending properly.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey arnold nicksplat GIF

Thanks Dude...for your advise :p

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a saying....from the deep roots of Scandinavian old world culture, goes like, FCUK OFF ROB, YOU JERK! I HATE YOU!!!! JERKSTORE CALLED!!!!

I'm not sure how it's pronounced.

Sheesh, one broken down man tries to help another more broken down man.....

I do like the white hair, it's a nice touch.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So a bit of a set-back :(

Last week, started to feel knee pain during a run but pushed to the end. Next day could barely walk. Did the ice thing, anti-inflames, etc. Took 2 days off the treadmill. Then got back on for a simple, low-impact walk for 25 minutes. Seemed OK, well a bit better than when the knee first broke down.

Yesterday, purchased a knee brace for some support and off I went.

This morning I am back to can hardly walk, can't put any weight on the knee.

I guess there may be something a little more serious going on - this is the same knee and issue I had way back when I had to stop playing... I had no real time back then to get it fixed.

Now that I do have the time, probably can't get it fixed due to Covid?

What's a guy to do? 'Cause this is kinda depressing.

A complete week no treadmill at all? 2 weeks?

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So a bit of a set-back :(

Last week, started to feel knee pain during a run but pushed to the end. Next day could barely walk. Did the ice thing, anti-inflames, etc. Took 2 days off the treadmill. Then got back on for a simple, low-impact walk for 25 minutes. Seemed OK, well a bit better than when the knee first broke down.

Yesterday, purchased a knee brace for some support and off I went.

This morning I am back to can hardly walk, can't put any weight on the knee.

I guess there may be something a little more serious going on - this is the same knee and issue I had way back when I had to stop playing... I had no real time back then to get it fixed.

Now that I do have the time, probably can't get it fixed due to Covid?

What's a guy to do? 'Cause this is kinda depressing.

A complete week no treadmill at all? 2 weeks?

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends
Bummer Regs.
FYI, if you can get in to see a surgeon, the wait times seem to have lessened. I had my shoulder surgery date quickly during COVID, as well as MRI. I had a private hospital to myself, pretty cool.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I'm gonna have to pull out the phone and see where all my physio mates are at and see if I can get in to see them as a first step... just don't want to be driving over any bridges to get there :)

Any one know if Kushy still operates outta South Surrey?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts