Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Home Gym: Treadmills

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Been "shopping" for a treadmill for weeks now, it has been a slow and frustrating process due to covid and everything on backorder.

Bestbuy finally had one of the models I was interested in available and on sale - unfortunately I slept on it and in the morning it was gone... not even listed on their website anymore. FML.

Placed an amazon order this morning as got tired of waiting and will wait it out until they have in stock and ship.

Anyone here have a treadmill? What model and have you gotten into the training apps and whatnot?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
The path from the beer fridge to the couch and back. Repeat a dozen time a night and your fitness is guaranteed.
RF you and I both know this is NOT true.

Next thing he will say repeat and you will have a full head of luscious hair.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I've been telling myself that for the last decade. It's not working either with or without covid :mad:
I went with the spin bike, enjoyed the same process. Took over 2 months to arrive but I’m most pleased. The training App I use is called DAZN EPL games. I may try the Peleton App eventually.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I went with the spin bike, enjoyed the same process. Took over 2 months to arrive but I’m most pleased. The training App I use is called DAZN EPL games. I may try the Peleton App eventually.
Nice!

Did you go with the Peleton bike or some other brand?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went with Bowflex’s version. About half the price. It is set up to mimic the peleton. Has the holder to slide in the iPad and use the peleton app, same resistance settings etc. I haven’t done it, my wife has and said it works great.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone interested in buying gym equipment should check out able auctions upcoming auction of equipment from a closed fitness centre.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice!

Did you go with the Peleton bike or some other brand?
If you are actually serious about this, look up the Wahoo Kickr. This is the best on the market as it allows a full range of adjustment for positions, and is super stable. It feels like a bike, and you can pair it with external platforms like Zwift. It's a far better made product than Peleton. Peleton bikes are made cheap. These are made to a cyclists standards. Also, Peleton can only pair on their expensive platform. With the Wahoo, you can use theirs (free), or Zwift (way better) at a reasonable monthly cost.

I've used this in a studio, they feel great, function is top notch.

At home I have their KickrCore. I use my own equipment on it. I've fully switched from Road to Mountain now that R2S is no longer a thing. This has allowed me to use my own equipment. Position on a road bike, to tri bike, then mountain are all totally different- important to train that way you ride predominantly outside.

https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/bike-trainers .

If you have a good bike, this will likely work for you.

So, Regs, w/ the Kicr Bike, you can set up the height to proper old-lady comfort, and probably position the beer bridge right next to it, within reach, and eliminate the need to stop every 15 minutes for a refill.

#efficiencywins

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, Regs, w/ the Kicr Bike, you can set up the height to proper old-lady comfort, and probably position the beer bridge right next to it, within reach, and eliminate the need to stop every 15 minutes for a refill.
So Dude, thanks for the thoughts except I'm not looking for a bike?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Dude, thanks for the thoughts except I'm not looking for a bike?
If you are looking for an indoor bike like a Peleton, that is an indoor bike. Is you click the link, you will see the absence of two wheels required to roll for / aft / qualify as a real bike.

Here to help.

Besides, you don't have the hot stay-at-home wife ass one needs for a Peleton.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you are looking for an indoor bike like a Peleton, that is an indoor bike. Is you click the link, you will see the absence of two wheels required to roll for / aft / qualify as a real bike.

Here to help.

Besides, you don't have the hot stay-at-home wife ass one needs for a Peleton.
Ah, ok.

Should I start a new thread if I were leaning towards a treadmill rather than an "indoor bike"?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update:

So Amazon made an absolute clusterfcuk of my order. They apologised and offered discount on any other treadmill I order from them. Fcuk that you idiots.

So back to Bestbuy and finally they had in stock a better model. Once my order was confirmed, cancelled the amazon one.

Scheduled delivery is tomorrow.

I'll update afterwards in a week or so. Maybe start a for sale thread, who knows.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
treadmill GIF

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts