Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hodgson to be named England Boss

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously, who the fcuk is Martin Kelly ??! There are easily 10 better players at centre back than him ....... this is becoming a farce. At this rate, we'll be lucky to get out of the group .....

The good news is if we even qualify (probably 2nd), we'll look forward to Spain in the 1/4's ........ Awesome.

He wasn't brought in as a centre back, as they already grabbed Jagielka when Barry/Lampard dropped out. He's a fullback. That said, he's still not the best available player at his position.

I heard that Carrick refused to come unless he was guaranteed to start? Kinda shocking if that's true.

There are definitely way too many players from a poor Liverpool side in the squad, but I guess Hodgson is comfortable with them having coached them in the EPL and doesn't have much time to work with the England squad.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He wasn't brought in as a centre back, as they already grabbed Jagielka when Barry/Lampard dropped out. He's a fullback. That said, he's still not the best available player at his position.

I heard that Carrick refused to come unless he was guaranteed to start? Kinda shocking if that's true.

There are definitely way too many players from a poor Liverpool side in the squad, but I guess Hodgson is comfortable with them having coached them in the EPL and doesn't have much time to work with the England squad.

Kelly can play at both centre back and full back - similar to Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, etc. With Cahill fracturing his jaw, he was being brought in directly for cover at centre back from what I understand. Still, it doesn't make sense ..... he played a handful of times for Liverpool this year and doesn't even stand out on an average club side. Drafting him in for England ?? Ludicrous ......

Regardless, I would rather see Lescott start anyways so at this point, I couldn't be bothered.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't rate Lescott at all. He did well this season but that is because he had a rock like Kompany next to him. He is dreadful with the ball at his feet, and has very poor distribution skills. I hope WOY goes with Terry and Jagielka at the back now, with Cole and Phil Jones as full backs, time will tell I suppose. As for Martin Kelly, he is a good player, and will be in the England setup in the future, but with that said, I too agree that Richards should of been in the squad right from the off, well ahead of Johnson. Let's hope WOY has it all figured out:confused:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think so Squire.
Don't get me wrong - Hart is very good.
But its kind of like the Messi argument on being 'the best ever'.

IE - Casillas might have something to say about that.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Defoe withdrew from the squad too as his dad passed away, there goes out most threatening striker apart from our suspended one of course.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Defoe withdrew from the squad too as his dad passed away, there goes out most threatening striker apart from our suspended one of course.

I haven't read he withdrew, I thought he was joining the team again,but if he did, would Sturridge be the next in line?

I am one of the few that think England may surprise. I think they are going to be completely boring and frustrating to watch. But I can also see them nicking a couple games. They will sit back and play on the counter. Going forward on the break I think England are good. The only chance they have is surrendering possession, absorbing pressure and counter attacking (against the better teams anyway). I would like to see Milner in the middle with Parker and Gerard in the supporting role with Young out left and either Ox or Walcott on the right.

This team has no expectations which will help, and if they don't make it out of the group most wouldn't be surprised. They are not that bad, even with the missing players and should be able to make it out of the group.Then who knows.

But I also believe Super Mario will win the golden boot:)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't read he withdrew, I thought he was joining the team again,but if he did, would Sturridge be the next in line?

I am one of the few that think England may surprise. I think they are going to be completely boring and frustrating to watch. But I can also see them nicking a couple games. They will sit back and play on the counter. Going forward on the break I think England are good. The only chance they have is surrendering possession, absorbing pressure and counter attacking (against the better teams anyway). I would like to see Milner in the middle with Parker and Gerard in the supporting role with Young out left and either Ox or Walcott on the right.

This team has no expectations which will help, and if they don't make it out of the group most wouldn't be surprised. They are not that bad, even with the missing players and should be able to make it out of the group.Then who knows.

But I also believe Super Mario will win the golden boot:)

Sorry you're right, he will re-join. Still sucks as i believe he should be our main striker with Rooney out.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Defoe can't lead the line on his own, couldn't do it for Spurs, what makes you think he can do it for England? I agree with Kippax, England are going to sit in and defend and play on the counter. In WOY we trust...

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Defoe can't lead the line on his own, couldn't do it for Spurs, what makes you think he can do it for England? I agree with Kippax, England are going to sit in and defend and play on the counter. In WOY we trust...

and what makes you think welbeck or carroll can? Welbeck is gonna be good but is still a couple years away from being a lead striker, carroll well is carroll, and Defoe seems to always score for Spurs with what little time he's given.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously, who the fcuk is Martin Kelly ??! There are easily 10 better players at centre back than him ....... this is becoming a farce. At this rate, we'll be lucky to get out of the group .....

The good news is if we even qualify (probably 2nd), we'll look forward to Spain in the 1/4's ........ Awesome.

Didn't we just beat Spain?

Anyway, in the words of Capello (oh fck!):
“The most important thing that I saw this evening was the performance of Jack Rodwell(oh fck!), the performance of Phil Jones, the performance of Danny Welbeck,” he said. “These are really, really good young players. I saw also the performance of Kyle Walker (oh fck!) when he played.

"I think these players will be really important for the next Euros because they played without fear. They played with personality on the pitch. I could see that physically and technically they were good enough.”

Frank Lampard (oh fck!) was supposed to be a victim of this new generation after being dropped against Bulgaria in September, yet here he was captain and goal-scorer in a memorable English victory.

...we're fckd!

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOY needs to make a few changes...

I'd like to see Milner along side Parker, pushing Gerrard further up the pitch in support of Welbeck,/Carroll. Then slide Young out wide with Oxlade on the other flank. Milner struggled to get the ball over, while Young couldn't get his foot on the ball because of the chasing he was doing, in turn giving no support to Welbeck, who quite frankly, didn't get many touches on the ball at all. Oxlade was a bright spot, as he wasn't afraid to get on the ball and run at defenders.

On to Fridays game...

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOY needs to make a few changes...

I'd like to see Milner along side Parker, pushing Gerrard further up the pitch in support of Welbeck,/Carroll. Then slide Young out wide with Oxlade on the other flank. Milner struggled to get the ball over, while Young couldn't get his foot on the ball because of the chasing he was doing, in turn giving no support to Welbeck, who quite frankly, didn't get many touches on the ball at all. Oxlade was a bright spot, as he wasn't afraid to get on the ball and run at defenders.

On to Fridays game...

Ashley Young is pants, and i don't get how anyone thought chamberlain was good? Glen Johnson was our best defender and attacker today. sad performance and we was lucky to get a point.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts