Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hodgson to be named England Boss

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
A further indication that we are very much a club driven world, and the national teams and game are losing their significance. Best managers want the biggest clubs on the biggest stage, and with them being as big as the players now, more than once every two years.

These appointments now are for the guys at the end of their career. Other than the guys liking Harry, I did not see him as winning trophy's for England anymore than Hodgson may.

But what do I know or care. 5 more sleeps until what I really live for, football wise anyhow.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Woy will announce his squad tomowwow. Wumour has it, Wio will be dwopped in favour of John Tewwy.

Sowwy, I couldn't wesist.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
England squad:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Man City), Rob Green (West Ham), John Ruddy (Norwich)

Defenders: Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man Utd), John Terry (Chelsea), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton)

Midfielders:
Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Man Utd), James Milner (Man City)

Forwards:
Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Danny Welbeck (Man Utd), Andy Carroll (Liverpool)

Steven Gerrard has been named Captain.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glen Johnson? Really? Fcuk me he is absolute shite. I'd of preferred Micah Richards but with Kyle Walker being ruled out, not much left to choose from. Hopefully Phil Jones gets to start at RB.

I'm also in disbelief that he has selected Stuart Downing. Over priced and under preforming wide man, the perfect definition of mediocre. How Adam Johnson is only on stand by is beyond me.

The one other surprise that jumps out is how he is only taking 4 forwards knowing WAZZA is going to miss the first two group matches.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glen Johnson? Really? Fcuk me he is absolute shite. I'd of preferred Micah Richards but with Kyle Walker being ruled out, not much left to choose from. Hopefully Phil Jones gets to start at RB.

I'm also in disbelief that he has selected Stuart Downing. Over priced and under preforming wide man, the perfect definition of mediocre. How Adam Johnson is only on stand by is beyond me.

The one other surprise that jumps out is how he is only taking 4 forwards knowing WAZZA is going to miss the first two group matches.

agree

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Martin Kelly is in the squad know because of the Cahill injury. I can't figure out how he is there above Richards. Richards can play and has played C.B when needed. Never mind the fact he should be there above Glen Johnson anyway. I have seen Kelly play a bunch of times and never been that impressed, maybe someone that watches him more can re-assure me he belongs on the squad.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chris Smalling as well above Kelly and Johnson. I would have liked to have seen him on the initial squad anyway

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Martin Kelly is in the squad know because of the Cahill injury. I can't figure out how he is there above Richards. Richards can play and has played C.B when needed. Never mind the fact he should be there above Glen Johnson anyway. I have seen Kelly play a bunch of times and never been that impressed, maybe someone that watches him more can re-assure me he belongs on the squad.

It's a joke Kippax, Richards imo is one of the best in the league.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
England have fallen so far behind the other giants in europe it's not even funny. soon we'll be like Wales and Scotland and we'll be watching Tournaments instead of playing in them.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Martin Kelly is in the squad know because of the Cahill injury. I can't figure out how he is there above Richards.

Seriously, who the fcuk is Martin Kelly ??! There are easily 10 better players at centre back than him ....... this is becoming a farce. At this rate, we'll be lucky to get out of the group .....

The good news is if we even qualify (probably 2nd), we'll look forward to Spain in the 1/4's ........ Awesome.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts