Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Henrik Larsson on Man U

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man he looks good in red!!

Henrik Larsson could remain at United beyond 12 March after his Swedish club Helsingborg said they "would not stand in his way" if he wanted to stay at Old Trafford until the end of the season.

The 35-year-old made a fine start to his two-and-a-half month loan spell by scoring United's first goal in the 2-1 FA Cup third round victory over Aston Villa on Sunday.

Since the deal was announced, Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson has on several occasions ruled out the possibility of extending the deal.

As recently as last week he stated that he would not betray the agreement made with Helsingborg, who have been very accommodating as it is in allowing Larsson to join the Reds during their winter break.

Helsingborg chairman Sten-Inge Fredin has indicated the former Celtic and Barcelona forward could remain in Manchester until the end of the English campaign. Fredin has been quoted as saying: "It's up to Henrik. If he wants to stay then we'll open that discussion with United. We will not stand in his way."

Helsingborg boss Stuart Baxter added: "While it is very early to speculate, it could happen. We are in a world where we are not really able to force Henrik back. There would be a discussion between Henrik and the club but he has given us no indication this is any more than the agreement we have."

Larsson has himself has refused to acknowledge the possibility of staying until the end of the season. He said: "It is all ifs and I am just taking one match at a time at the moment."

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
For what its worth I thought Larsson looked pretty sharp out there - probably should have had three - he snatched at a couple that, back with his beloved Celtic would have stroked home.

The real thing for me is that he looked like he's on the same wave length as Rooney except on the day Rooney brought his biscuit tins instead of his boots.....

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
What did you think of the game, Striker14? Larsson's goal? Do you think he meant what he did right before he scored?

I thought Larsson should have had a few more...and what exactly are you referring to about Larsson...leaving it for Rooney...receiving it from Rooney...or the goal itself?!

The game should have been won by Man U with a few more goals than a squeaker through the Keeper's hands (how embarassing).

OLE OLE OLE OLE...............

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts