Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heavyweight's

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prediction time on Rahman-Lewis II

Tough one to call with the way last fight ended...Rahman on the verge of quitting when he caught an out-of-shape and lazy Lewis bouncing ackwardly off the ropes with a right right hook to a glass jaw.

I'll take Lewis in this one, he'll be better prepared for this fight. I don't really think Rahman is a better fighter. Not that I think Lewis is a great fighter either but there is little to choose from in the heavyweight division. It's at a low point.

Comments? Predictions?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the big black guy will win

Lewis in 7... definitely will not go the distance.

~TBmaydipintotheTTPWillhillaccountforthisone.

Slick

Nov 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that Lewis is Shmuck and over-rated I was happpy to here of his head hitting the canvas last time and hope that Rahman takes him out again. Even tough the guy is a nobody I still hope he kicks that loud mouth's ass.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't believe the hype II

I'll go with Lewis but what I think it comes down to is who can get there breath back first!? Threre is to much dislike between them. I say the first two round these two are going to swing for the stars and go for a quick KO(plus bragging rights). If it doesn't come the next 4-6 rounds will be a dance.

thatmytakeandimstickingtoit:cool:

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slick...

...'loud mouth'...Lewis? Go to Skysports.com and check out the pre fight BS video. I think you'll find Lewis NOT to be the loudmouth...

Lewis in the 5th. And whats more R'man will sucumb to a right cross from Lewis...easypeasy for Lewis, although I do agree that the first 2/3 rounds will be full fireworks

pugilisticgaffa:mad:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lewis in 9

Lewis in 9 but the record for winning the second fight following a defeat in the first would favour the other guy.

He hurt Lewis even before he caught him with the big punch. It is a bit dangerous to think it was just a lucky shot.

Lewis sounds a bit nervous right now like he's hoping to last long enough to win a decision.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lewis in 3

The fight will be quick and might actually be worth watching. Lewis will be well prepared and not take rahman for granted. The heavies are becoming quite boring. They need a jolt to spark the weight class.... Stoychkof(sp) will become the next champ if he gets a shot.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LEWIS IN 5

I to agree. Lewis is more prepared for this fight. He is ready and Rahman will end up on his ass.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This should be an interesting fight. Both fighters have KO power and both have been KO'd twice. The difference is that in Lewis' losses, he looked terrible and in Rahman's losses (to Maskaev and Tua) he fought well. Rahman is a better fighter than he is given credit for. That being said, if one of them presses early, the fight could open up with someone, anyone in fact, taking a trip to the canvas. I think that both will be wary of one another's power though.

Lewis by KO 1:29 of the Fourth, give or take.

LEAN, Are you thinking of the Klitchko brothers perhaps?

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4th Round KO

I must say that was one hell of a punch that Rahman Took. I was a little skeptical of Lewis in this fight, but was impressed at how he performed. Hopefully we'll se a Lewis vs Tyson. At least that is one fight I would love to see.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seedy,

Saint told me I had mis-spelled Klitschko.

I didn't want to disappoint anyone.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LEWIS VS TYSON

Rumours are floating that if Tyson wins his Jan 19. bout he will fight Lewis sometime in late April. Here we Go!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Da Bears

Heard on the team 1040 this morning that the Fridge Perry has a bout on Feb 2. He will weigh in at a little over 300lbs. Has anyone heard about this?

Whatwillhappenifheseeshisshadow:eek:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tyson/Lennox Bout

Did anyone see the brawl - I believe it was today - when Tyson ran over to Lennox when they were up on little podiums at some media event.

A complete brawl broke up with everyone in on it and Tyson stood there grabbing his crotch repeatedly as he shouted obscenities to a reporter or someone in the audience.

What a classful piece of shite he has become.
They should simply ban the idiot. (But it will sell tickets, now won't it).

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Issues

Mike Tyson is the most out of control person not behind bars. He just went over to Lewis and started a huge brawl. Lewis said nothing and Tyson still snapped. It was good to see a guy wearing a Hells Angels vest right in the middle of the scrum, I think it was Chuck Zito from the t.v. show OZ. Tyson then went on to tell every reporter,
you can't fcuk with me, no can fcuk with me, you wouldn't last two fcukin minutes in my life

Police then revealed their was evidence to charge him a rape case.....way to go Mike.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure that all this has come as a great shock to all the old ladies he used to beat up for their welfare cheques when he was but a lad.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe his second wife wants to leave...

When is the Boxing Commission going to suspend him permanently? He is a fcuking safety hazard to everyone around him. Read some of his quotes in the article. They are unfcukingbelievable. The only thing worse than Tyson right now, is Real Madrid for costing me another nice payout. Fcukers.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Saying he's not ``Mr. Politically Correct,'' Mike Tyson made an apology of sorts Wednesday for his part in a news conference melee that could deny him a license to challenge Lennox Lewis.

``I'm a boxer, and from now on, I will let my boxing talk for me,'' Tyson said in a statement.

He did not comment on whether he bit Lewis' left leg in the brawl at the Hudson Theater on Tuesday. A source close to Lewis' camp, who asked not to be identified, said Tyson did bite the WBC-IBF champion.

Lewis and his advisers declined to talk about it.

``It (the melee) is under investigation by the Nevada commission,'' said Gary Shaw, chief operating officer of Main Events, the American promoter of the champion from Britain.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission is scheduled to consider Tyson's application for a license on Jan. 29. It was the Nevada commission that fined Tyson $3 million and revoked his license after he bit Evander Holyfield's ears in 1997.

Tyson got a license a year later, but it lapsed in 1999.

``There was obviously a miscommunication between our camps with regards to the face-off, and chaos broke out,'' Tyson said, explaining how the brawl began.

Apparently, each man was to come on stage upon being introduced and stop on a small platform, which were not close to one another. They were to turn and stare at one another.

Tyson was introduced first. After Lewis got up on his platform, Tyson walked toward him, claiming he was going to engage in a stare down.

When he got close, he was pushed by Lewis' bodyguard and threw a punch at the man. Lewis threw a right hand that grazed Tyson's head and suddenly people were pushing, shoving and rolling around onstage.

``After our skirmish, I was provoked by a member of the audience who was shouting obscenities at me and I defended myself as I saw fit. In the process, things that I said may have offended members of the audience. To these people, I offer my apologies.''

After a semblance of order was restored, Tyson threw up his arms in triumph and made an obscene gesture. Then he became enraged and shouted vulgar abuse at a man who had yelled, ``Put him in straitjacket.''

``I came to New York to promote a fight that I want and boxing fans want to see,'' Tyson concluded in his statement. ``I am not a role model or Mr. Politically Correct. I am a boxer, and from now on I will let my boxing talk for me.''

During the fracas, Tyson was cut on his hairline, while WBC president Jose Sulaiman sustained a concussion when he hit his head on a table.

Sulaiman was treated at a hospital and attended a news conference Wednesday for Shane Mosley's WBC welterweight title defense against Vernon Forrest Saturday night in The Theater at Madison Square Garden.

The melee was the latest problem to beset Tyson. On Tuesday, Las Vegas police said they found evidence supporting a woman's claim she was raped by Tyson. Police have forwarded the case to the district attorney's office to see if it will be prosecuted.

Last week, Tyson's second wife filed for divorce in Rockville, Md., accusing the former heavyweight boxing champion of adultery. Tyson countered by suing for divorce in Las Vegas, claiming incompatibility.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heavyweights

Like I said before the heavyweight division is an absolute Joke and not worth of the effort.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hate to Say It...But

The latest Tyson fiasco has had everyone talking all day about it, even the women who generally aren't interested in boxing. What a marketing bonanza for the fight promoters. Now every guy and gal who hates this asshole is going to paying to see these guys go at it.

If this was not a brawl, would we even be posting on this non-event? I think not.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts