Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hawaii Travel

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Morning Gents, was thinking of taking the family to Hawaii next year, most likely Maui but not ruling out other islands. Have you been? I’d you so where did you stay, what island and what do you reccommend? Cheers.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been to Maui a lot. Beautiful island with a lot to do. Maui is shaped a bit like a clover, with 3 distinct parts:
The airport is at the center of it (along with Costco, right beside the airport).

The one end of the clover is where the Road to Hana is, along with the big surf beaches. Not too many tourists stay up that way, but may go on a day trip there.

The next one is where Lahaina and Kanapalii are. Lots of hotels and full of tourists. If you like the hotel life, this is a strong contender.

The last one is where Kihei, Wailea and Makena are. Kihei has a lot of condos and then as you get into Wailea, the quality really steps up and there are some big expensive hotels. Beaches are great - probably best for snorkeling.

I like the Kihei/Wailea area the best (I've stayed in all three ends of the island) because there is a lot of condo choice (cheap to very expensive). I travel a lot, so I want a full kitchen, BBQ, etc.

pm me if you want to know more. I have written up a document for friends going there that tells you the good restaurants and which day to go there to get the special deals, etc.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We stayed at Westin Kanapalli great resort and a good shuttle that comes around to take you into town whenever you want.

Heading back next year actually. Will have to hit up Freddy for that document.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks guys, definitely will have to look into the places you mentioned, and hit up Freddy when we figure out a date and what not. Should be a great take, little man will be walking by then, lots of time at the beaches.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
@cascadesoccer you can sometimes get flight deals out of Bellingham. Don't know if Allegiant and or Alaska still fly direct but we flew out one year from Bellingham and the price difference was huge compared to when we flew from YVR. Something to look at...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with @freddy Best beaches are in Wailea. More expensive but amazing. Kihei condos are cheaper and look to stay in S Kihei near Kamaole Beach Park 3. Kamaole Sands, Hale Kamaole etc. In Wailea we just stayed at Wailea Ekahi Village which is the first condo development built in Wailea and the first one as you enter from the Kihei low road. Big places and gets you into Wailea on a budget. It's right beside the Andaz Hotel which is really nice. Boardwalk takes you past all of the big hotels. Another very nice condo dev is the Ulua. Nicer than Ekahi and on the other side of the Andaz.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good test @bandcamp On my document, I recommend Hale Kamaole a lot. This was the first place my wife and I stayed and returned many times. Then we upgraded to Ekahi Village. This place is gorgeous, and a big step up. If staying on that side of the island, and wanting the amenities of kitchen, BBQ, pool, etc, these are two top contenders.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maui is great Cascade.
Was there just recently in May and stayed in a lovely 2 bed condo in Kihei.
Recommend the snorkeling all over the Island.
Really enjoyed Seafire Charters' tour to Molokini that leaves from the Kihei boat ramp.

Don't be afraid of the other islands bud.
You can't go wrong with any of them - They're just a bit different from each other.

If you like the hotel/restaurant/bigger city/busier vibe scene, Honolulu/Waikiki is neat if you want to go to Oahu.
The east and north sides of that island are very cool too if you want to go for a drive out of the city and hang out at some other awesome places.

Three days in Oahu and then buzz over for a laid back week in Maui?
Been there done that. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts