Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Happy Birthday Canada

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is the 137th Birthday of this great country on Thursday and it is a shame that there is not more of a celebration for this day out west. Most, like myself will just end up BBQing and drinking in the backyard, but back east, Ottawa, it is a major party where 100 of thousands head downtown to celebrate the day.
I was in Ottawa for Canada Day a few years back and it was fantastic, felt very patriotic with all the flag waving and Molson Canadian drinking. The whole downtown is shut down to traffic, and there are all kinds of concerts going on, and all the pubs and resturants are jammed with people. Now there is a lot of our money spent on this day, so why can't some of it be spent out west to have better Canada Day Celebrations?

hos

Appy Birday Canada

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The No Fun City won't even hold fireworks at "Canada Place" because they are too dangerous. What a crock. Pitt Meadows has fireworks though, and they are marvelous.

The big Canadian flag in my back yard waves proud every day, but tomorrow is special. Damn I love living here and being Canadian. Why in the world would anyone want to live anywhere else?

Happy Birthday Canada!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're mistaken HoS, there most certainly is a giant celebration out west. It's a Guinness house tomorrow. He has Kegs and a band. Giddy up. I'm also almost certain all of downtown Surrey will be shut down to traffic as well. Though it will probably have more to do with the police, pepper spray and fire trucks.

See you tomorrow Ballbaby

Wish Canada an Appy Birthday for me too, HoS.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
It's a Guinness house tomorrow. He has Kegs and a band. Giddy up.

I thought Guinnes was homeless, plus no computer to tell us about such a great party, he is off my speed dial.

I have a couple of Roman Candles to light out in the Rock, they must do Bottle Rockets out in Maple Bush, eh Therob.

hos

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know what they do in Maple Ridge. They have a specatacular fireworks display in Pitt Meadows though.

You forgot the "H" in Happy HOS. :rolleyes:

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree that we need to be a bit more patriotic out west. But that doesn't mean we aren't proud Canadian's. Because i think everyone know's that we are lucky to live in the Greatest country in the world!! I unfortunately have to work tomorrow but i think we are taking the Rig down to the celebration's at Crab park :rolleyes:.. there is free food so there should be a good turn out fom the local's in the Downtown Eastside... :D

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I, too want to wish Canada a Happy Birthday and yes it is a wonderful country. But Canada Day is a joke, isn't Patriotic Canadian a bit of an oxymoron :eek: . I have dual citizenship and spent most of my youth celebrating the 4th down south, even after we moved here. Most Canadians could careless whether it is Canada's birthday, to them it is simply a paid day off work :rolleyes: . I am a proud 1/2 Canadian but I'll be heading south bright and early tomorrow to show my children what a real celebration is. Enjoy your bottle rockets, and roman candles. :p
lita

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happy birthday to this wondrous country of ours. I just returned home from a week in the land of freeways, thunderstorms, racial tension, fried food, fat people, drawling speech, the almighty dollar and George W. Bush and I can't begin to tell you how glad I am to return to a country where Stephen 'I love everything American' Harper is not the leader. Canada is truly the best country on this planet. Fcuking hell, only one freaking place in all of North Carolina was showing Euro 2004 games. Thank god for the wops and Italian Pizzeria III in Chapel Hill.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The party at Guinness' place sounds magic. Well done, troll!

Dude, Mrs. Dude, Mini Dude & Dudette will be spending the weekend in Toffino. House by the beach, bar-b-q, hot tub...

So, it will be a mellow celebration for us, Toffino style.

Can't wait to hit those waves! Surf's up baby! :wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap: I totally hear you. Spent last week in Chicago, where I wasn't at all surprised to learn it is officially the second most obese city in the US. Honestly, it's a fcuking leper colony down there.

Very proud to be Canadian...and a British Columbian. Can't see myself ever leaving this place.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty called last night. Asked me to post a belated "Happy Birthday Canada".

He's been busy. You've been warned, TR.

Buckfast

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is about Canada and the 137th Birthday, you are off topic, thanks.

Tokens will be taken away as punishment for any more of this non-sense.

Regs~

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I stand to correct HOS... it's "~" then "Regs"... :p

Location: Centre of the Blue Mule dance floor feeling the music with SC
BTW Throbby,
Apparently the music hasn't been so magic since the May long. Ren and Stimpy from The Dragon's were there on C-Day, and the DJ wouldn't even play "Let's get retarded". :mad:

I had a great Canada Day party...lasted 12 1/2 whole hours in my driveway :wa:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tweet! Offside, lady! You can't go editing your post because I am unable to delete mine. Now everyone is going to think I'm on drugs or something.

Pass the dutchie from the left hand side, baby.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts