Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Group G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Mexicans looked very sharp today and were definately the class of this group.

I don't understand what kind of system the WOPS are playing,their midfield is absolutely non existent and hoof the ball up to Vieri every time they get a chance hoping he will do something.

As for the Croatians,they didn't show up today,looked good last game and reverted to more or less the same system the WOPS are playing,kick and run,still cant understand why these teams are playing like this?????

Ecuador,well they were just happy to be there and can't believe they finished 2nd in their qualifying stages!

Can't believe the likes of Argentina,France and Croatia arent going into the next round......

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be specific bout the Cro unis, get rid of Nike. Whats up with those Disco Collars and gay looking shorts. All the teams sporting Nike unis look awefull.

NEVER get rid of the beautiful "red & white" checkers. It would be like taking away the Maple Leaf from the Canadian Unis.

over the top

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey mr. holiday

Thanks for being soo tender, right now you could easily kick us
all in the nuts cause we are all soo down but you choose to
be classy.:D

I respect you for this.

I'll be cheering for the Azzurri from this day forward!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be cheering for the Azzurri from this day forward!!!
Are you sure you weren't kicked in the nuts all ready? What would make you say such a thing? :D

~TBnotafriendoftheWOPS...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not Nuts, Crazy, Must have been Kicked in the Head

If you are not Italian, you do not cheer for them, I don't care if your country was part of Italy at one time or not.

Cheer on a real team, like Sweden, who by the way won the Group of Death.

HOSlovesthatLarson:D

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs your my friend arent you.....

~TBnotafriendoftheWOPS...

And all this time I thought we were friends......bastard:D

Over the top

Your always welcomed over to my house for pasta anytime.....

Hos

Are you really Swedish????

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Croatian checker board is shocking. Two-tone hasn't been in style since Madness released "Our House" in the early 80's.

Can't they get a nice herringbone pattern?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Regs your my friend arent you.....

Originally posted by Jimmy Holiday

Hos

Are you really Swedish????

I am Jimmy, but you wouldn't know because I don't put the Swedish flag on every one of my CARS, and I don't piant my businesses in the colours of the flag of my Grandparents country.

It's funny how some people have to tell every one where they are from, those damn English.

HOSlikesSwedentogotheSemi's:D

soccerplayer13

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ITALY

yes....italy is in the next round and you croations after the italy game were so co*ky but even if we lost against mexico we still would have gone to the next round:D because you guys lost to ECUADOR(the worst team in our group)

Slav

Mar 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the keeper said.

Also, ask any Croatian and they will tell you too that we didn't deserve to go through.

over the top

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
this world cup is disappointing!!

i just gotta say that i was disappointed in the way the italians
lost this morning!! let's all forget about the poor coaching
decisions, (trapattoni is a winning coach) i just can't believe
how much those italian players complain about everything!!!
Vieri was soo busy questioning and disputing every call, he is
such an amazing threat but i can't respect a person that is always
crying over every offside, free kick, throw in... Italy (to me) was
the sure winner of this world cup, but after watching them play
like a bunch of private school girls, crying for everything rather
than to play hard for the flag and focus on scoring the next goal i
think they seem to try to win without using their soccer strengths
but more with their acting skills to get the calls around the box. i'm sure there are a lot of you italians that are going to be pissed with me but to be honest i don't care, i speak what i see. i never made a single positive comment about croatia cause i knew this year they were shite but i did say positive things about the italian team. let's face it, italy squeaked through the first round, :) they
were all hype but no power. they never lost on penalties (every italians favourite line), they didn't dominate anyone, they didn't belong to go further. (not trash talkin, just tired of listening to
every italian i know tell me they are gonna win the coppa del mondo!!!)

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree..

over the top,

Being a WOP, it hard for me to put them down but they definitely did not play to their potential or at least to the countries potential. They had strong halves but did not dominate one complete game. Then again, not too many teams did this WC. For once, I would love to see the team being allowed to be a offencive force as opposed to defensive. And what about the defence. Maldini....hang'em up buddy...he was very good defensively and absolute shite offensively. The Italain defense was suspect this WC. I wonder how much of a loss Nesta really was? When will DP get out of the dog house completely?

over the top

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey biteme

maldini is still one of the best defense even at his age and
yes what if nesta was there but a huge soccer nation like italy
have enough superstars to field 3 teams. i just can't believe there is any excuse for them not being a force. go down the list of their players, any one of them other than di livio(who sucks and should be cleaning baggio's boots) is a starter on any team in this world cup!!! my point is, i'm watching a star studded team
play well below their potential and every player and italian fan
complain about bullcrap when they should point their fingers at
the team that didn't do enough to win without excuses about the ref or the bad calls. mexico was down 1-0 and the u.s. clearly handed the ball in the box but i haven't heard a single person mention that.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nesta?

Are you guys making excuses for Italy? Sounds like it...

If only we had Igor Tudor....:rolleyes:

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No excusesq

If you can't finish (like today's game), you don't win.
Nesta just seems to be a solidfying force on the back line, they did not seem the same after he went down. As I stated in a previous post, they DID under acheive. Now, that you mentioned Baggio, he's probably laughing to himself right now. Another good player in the dog house. Di Livio, must give head to get ahead, cause every WC he rears his ugly mug. All he does it run up the field and run down the field, run up the field...run down the field.

maldini is still one of the best defense even at his age

Emphasis on his age... his passes were way off. I think it's time to move on buddy. Never said he was always a bad player....but .. you gotta know when hold'em...know when to fold'em...know when walk away....know when to run!!!

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Europeans at WC02

This is hillariooouuus(sp). In my humble opinion European nations other than Ireland have shown the world there un-professionalism, lack of respect for WC02, spoiled over-paid attitudes and poor demonstration of the team game called soccer. Individualism leads to failure, failure is overcome by fear, fear is instilled by proving your worth. I keep hearing only if this guy or that guy played it would of been a different game. Non-sense Ireland proved this theory incorrect.

I was scolded on this thread by a fellow Croat for pointing my finger at a few Cro players after the Mex game, but lets face it, if these pros show up with a poor attitude or not in top physical shape they deservingly should pack their bags early.

Or perhaps we all are wrong, maybe Senegal & S. Korea have caught up in skill and are surpassing the Europeans in this department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts