Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Group E

Who will win this group?

• Germany

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Saudi Arabia

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Republic of Ireland

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Cameroon

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teams

Germany
Saudi Arabia
Republic of Ireland
Cameroon

Games
Code:
Date Venue Time Teams
01 Jun Niigata 15:30 Republic of Ireland : Cameroon  
01 Jun Sapporo 20:30 Germany : Saudi Arabia  
05 Jun Ibaraki 20:30 Germany : Republic of Ireland  
06 Jun Saitama 18:00 Cameroon : Saudi Arabia  
11 Jun Shizuoka 20:30 Cameroon : Germany  
11 Jun Yokohama 20:30 Saudi Arabia : Republic of Ireland

Head-to-Heads in World Cup finals (since 1930)
Code:
none.

Head-to-Heads overall (since 1992)
Code:
29 May 94  Hanover  Germany vs. Republic of Ireland 0:2 (0:1) [Friendly] 
22 Feb 98  Riyadh  Saudi Arabia vs. Germany

TTP Prediction: Republic of Ireland

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My prediction

Although I believe that Germany will win this group, I'm wary of the Irish. They could do real damage to some of the 'contenders'. I absolutely despise ManU, but think the world of Roy Keane and have the utmost respect for his influence as a player. This should really be called the 'Group of Death II', as all the sides in this group are quality (Saudi Arabia excepted, and who really knows that much about them...watch out).

Germany? Underrated (losing 5-1 in Munich actually did them some good).

England? Overrated (the English press made their team out to be the next world champs after demolishing Germany in 08/2001).

Germany will be in tough in the later round - yes round. I think they'll progress beyond the first stage, but not any further - which is fine. Beckenbauer and Voller are aiming to win it in their backyard in 2006! :p

Mehmet.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just can't see Germany losing in this group. As for the other team coming out of here I'd say it's a toss up between Ireland and Cameroon, but I'll be rooting for the Irish on that one.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of Best Keepers in Group and World

Rep. Of Ireland has a great keeper, in Givens (sp.), I think they are very strong in the back and will win this group with no goals against.

HOSafanofToonArmyalso

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things don't look good for Germany

A shocking 1 nil loss to Wales.

Not a good sign for the Germans.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey guys!

Have you guys entered the TTP/Coveside World Cup pool yet? Well, what's stopping you? Hurry up and enter.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about this Keep?

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany defender Christian Woerns will miss the World Cup because of a knee injury, the German Football Association (DFB) said on Thursday.

Germany head coach Rudi Voeller has decided that the 30-year-old, who underwent athroscopy on his left knee on Saturday, could not be fit on time for the finals starting on May 31.

Werder Bremen's Frank Baumann replaces him in the 23-man squad.

Woerns becomes the second German international central defender to withdraw after Bayer Leverkusen's Jens Nowotny, who has also been ruled out by a knee injury.

Germany play Austria on Saturday in Leverkusen in their last warm-up game before they fly out to their base in Japan next Wednesday.

They were drawn with Cameroon, Ireland and Saudi Arabia in group E. Their first match is against Saudi Arabia on June 1 in Sapporo.

How will this affect the Germans?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Negatively.

Perhaps Germany and England could save money and double up on a charter flight back to Europe after the first round.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm thinking of picking either Germany and Cameroon or Ireland and Cameroon or Germany and Ireland. What to choose.....???

We Croat's have a saying that strecthes back a thousand years, "fcuk it. I'm fliping a coin."

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CAMEROON TO BOYCOTT

Cameroon embroiled in pay dispute
(May 21) YAOUNDE, Cameroon (AP) - Cameroon's Indomitable Lions are refusing to leave Paris for their World Cup appearances in Japan because of a pay dispute, news reports said Tuesday.

The team stopped over in Paris following a 2-1 defeat against Denmark in a warm-up in Copenhagen on Friday.

The players were scheduled to leave on Saturday, but were refusing to do so until they received their allowances, the independent Cameroon daily Mutations reported.

The amount of money reportedly involved was not immediately clear.

Prince Ndoki Mukete, deputy secretary-general of the Cameroon Football Federation, declined to comment on the report, saying only that it was the government's responsibility to pay allowances.

Government officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the country's sports minister was leaving for Paris on Tuesday night to resolve the matter.

The players could not immediately be reached for comment.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never did like him...

Great news for germany. I always thought he was a bit of a cry baby.

DUBLIN (Reuters) - Roy Keane, Ireland's World Cup captain, has been sent home from a training camp in the Pacific.

The shock decision by coach Mick McCarthy leaves Ireland's hopes in tatters and follows Keane's strong criticism of the team's training facilities and his threat earlier this week to fly home before the tournament starts on May 31.

McCarthy was quoted as saying clear-the-air talks with Keane had turned into a slanging match between the two men.

"I cannot and will not tolerate that level of abuse being thrown at me so I sent him home," McCarthy told the BBC, labelling Keane a disruptive influence.

A FIFA spokesman said a player could only be replaced in a squad because of a serious injury. "This appears not to be the case with Roy Keane," he told Sky Sports television.

Ireland, which handed in the names of its 23-strong squad on Wednesday, may therefore start the tournament with only 22 men.

The Manchester United midfielder played in the 1994 World Cup and is Ireland's only world class player. Earlier on Thursday he announced he would quit international soccer after the 2002 tournament.

"Yeah, that will be it. That will be it for me and life goes on," Keane had said.

PERSONAL REASONS

Keane's threat to fly home from the training camp on Tuesday was based on "personal reasons" but he changed his mind after talking to Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson.

"It was the tip of the iceberg," Keane told Irish reporters in Saipan where the team is preparing for its opening match against Cameroon. "I've basically had enough of certain things."

Keane, who has played almost 60 games for Ireland, was irate about the state of the pitch in Saipan which he said was as hard as a car park. "He's a good man and he gave me good words of advice," the United player said of Ferguson.

"You have to listen to these people. The manager has the same temperament as me, he understood what I was going through. He told me to stick it out, but this is it.

"You've seen the training pitch and I'm not being a prima donna. Training pitch, travel arrangements, getting through the airport when we were leaving, it's the combination of things.

"I can't imagine any other country, countries in the world who are far worse off than us, playing on something like that," the 30-year-old said.

"But you know, we're the Irish team, it's a laugh and a joke. We shouldn't expect too much."

Keane, who is struggling with a knee injury, is one of the leading midfielders in the English premier league and is famous for his no-nonsense approach both on the field and off it.

He recently castigated his United team mates after the team failed to win a trophy for the first time since 1998 and his temper has frequently got him into trouble.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not being a prima donna
Rrrriiiiight.

I'm shocked but not surprised. You've really got to wonder what it was that was said in that room: I certainly would've liked to have been a fly on the wall.

He's fcuking twat.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tottenham Hotspur wingback Christian Ziege caught the eye of those who turned up for the opening one with a brand new hair cut - no hair at all apart from a thin stripe dyed in Germany's colours of black, red and gold.

'His wife likes it and I guess that's the main thing,' said Voeller.
I guess Mr. Posh Spice isn't the only one now.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roy Keane

In his scathing attack on Ireland's World Cup preparations, Keane singled out the 17-hour flight the squad endured to reach their base in Saipan and the training facilities they encountered on arrival.
Does he think there's a faster way to get half way around the world?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what do you think of Roy Keane getting sent home today? Aparantly the prema and the coach got into a slagging match and the bitch was told to pack his bags and leave.

I know it's helped me decide my picks for this pool..

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keane is a fcuking bastard. If you can't put your country before ANYTHING, then you're a fcuking cnut. Ireland will still draw all 3 games 0-0 and qualify for the second round. Simple as that....

Captain Shamrock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts