Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Good Stories

Who has the best Feel Good story?

• Total voters

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This thread is dedicated to posting good human interest stories. Rules:

~Can not be directly related to current events
~Must have a human interest element to it, ie: a story about exceptional personal achievement, sacrifice, inspiration, or struggle.

You typically come across these types of stories in the smaller newspapers or magazines, although this one appeared in The Province this morning. I don't typically read Howard Tsumura's stuff (don't like his writing, and don't like basketball), but this one caught my eye. You don't often read of hear about young people who are so dedicated to sports, education, and excellence. You'd think that with all of the negative stories out there about youth violence and indifference, concepts like commitment to athletics, team, and school are lost concepts. Personally, I remember it very differently in school, where a good portion of the student body was dedicated to bettering themselves for their future...but somehow a few bad apples tend to take the spotlight away from all the good ones.

Anyhow, enjoy.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
good is too subjective..........

Christ on a buffalo, you're forgetting where you are again. For fcuk's sake post more stories about your missus, those make me feel good, they really fcuking do.

The human interest slant to this thread makes me far too emotional. I don't come on TTP to feel, I come on to get the latest news on Spurs, how your fcuking lid's getting on, and Vancouver's sex-trade. Full-stop.

If I wanted to feel good I'd take up heroin as a hobby again.

Tell us about your wife, it's been too long.

You make Mike McCardell look like Satan.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sometimes TTP is just not neccessary

First of all, fcuk off.

Second, read the story. It isn't emotional or Mike McCardell of the sort. It's just a good story about some good kids. It put a smile on my face.

Finally, I'm personally a little tired of reading about Iraq, Picton, the fall of the US Dollar, the sick bastard who was torturing sex trade workers and filming it, the bombing US economy, Asian gangs, East Indian gangs, Surrey white trash, Dubya (who's country's US buck is fcuking killing me), and especially BC politicians and their frequent run-ins with the law.

Maybe I made a poor judgment call in posting this. TTP has been lame, and next to dead lately. Mainly it has been dead because "TTP" is getting out of hand. Nobody wants to post anymore, because of fear of being pissed on.

Anyhow, I put this out here, and it is a TTP free zone. New rule. I'll leave it to Regs: either moderate that, or delete the whole goddamn thread.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
!!!

Touched a nerve did I?

Shame.

I forgot, I also come on to read about iandmcintyre. Forgot about him.

The fact a story in that tome of journalistic excellence put a smile on your boatrace makes me feel so full of sunshine I'm fit to burst.

Your post is revealing. Why would anyone be afraid of being pissed on? Grow a thicker skin and dish it out yourself. Half the things you're banging on about I've never read about on TTP but, then again, I don't read most of your posts. Unless they're about your missus.

Here's a human interest story; I was taking the piss. Still am. I may even continue to do so once you've gone to bed.

Here's another one. It's about snow and refugees. We're having blizzards of both these days. You didn't mention you were tired of reading about them. Neither is the least bit interesting but, in the spirit of your thread, here they are. Hope you like them.

Blizzards are on the way
By Robin Yapp, Daily Mail

22 January 2004

Freezing temperatures, heavy snowfalls and strong winds are expected to hit Britain with a jolt next week, bringing chaos to roads, railways and airports.

Air temperatures could fall as low as minus 8c (18f), but experts are warning that with the wind chill factor taken into account it will actually feel like minus 14c (8f).

The arctic blast is on its way from Canada - where temperatures have plunged in some areas to minus 40c (minus 40f).

Many North American cities were turned into virtual ghost towns last week after warnings that even the slightest exposure to the frigid air could trigger frostbite and being subjected to posts by Dude.
Heavy snowfall is expected in Scotland and the North from Sunday night. The cold weather will then gradually spread across the country. London is expected to see snowy showers by Wednesday. It was not clear last night how long the cold snap would last but perhaps viewers could write in and speculate for the sake of human interest?

A spokesman for the Met Office said: 'We are forecasting a very, very cold period coming up with sub-zero temperatures, heavy snow in Scotland and the North-East and snowy showers in London and the South. We also suspect Dude will bore someone senseless during the same time period.

UK 'top asylum destination'
22 January 2004

Britain received almost one in five of asylum applicants in the Western world in 2002, according to a new report. The staggering new figures were blamed on an influx of refugees from the Langley area of British Columbia, home of TTP's Dude.

With 110,700 applications, the UK topped a list of highly developed countries, taking in almost a third of the EU's asylum-seekers and 30,000 more than the second-placed US, said the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).

The figures were collected before the implementation of the controversial Nationality and Immigration Act, which tightened up the asylum process.
The following year saw a large slump in arrivals, allowing Tony Blair to hit his target of halving monthly applications from their October 2002 peak of 9,000.

The OECD report, Trends in International Migration, put Britain in a group of countries where asylum applications were still rising steeply in 2002 also including Austria and Sweden.

While applications in the UK rose by 20.3%, other countries which have traditionally taken in a lot of refugees, like Germany, Australia, the Netherlands and Belgium, saw numbers drop sharply.

These countries had succeeded in sending "strong messages to asylum seekers in 2001 or 2002 by reinforcing their control and detention measures or by speeding up decision-making processes", said OECD analysts.

By contrast, the UK was one of the countries which "despite measures to control flows of asylum seekers, did not completely succeed in reversing their growth" in 2002.

The US recorded 81,100 asylum applications, followed by Germany with 71,100, France with 51,100, Austria with 37,100, Canada with 33,400 and Sweden with 33,000.

But in terms of the size of its population, Britain was only eighth in the list, receiving 1.9 asylum applications for every 1,000 inhabitants, compared to Austria's 4.6, Norway's 3.9, Sweden's 3.7, Switzerland's 3.7 and Ireland's 3.1

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your post is revealing. Why would anyone be afraid of being pissed on? Grow a thicker skin and dish it out yourself. Half the things you're banging on about I've never read about on TTP but, then again, I don't read most of your posts.

Bullshit you don't. You follow me around like a bad smell.

It has zip to do with thicker skin, it has everything to do with the obvious fact that this thread was dedicated to something other and you taking the piss.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Good comebacks.........

Sorry for taking the piss, forgot where I was again and matron's been lax with my tablets today.

Kum-bah-ya my lord.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What would you do if somebody posted something like a fundraising event for cancer? Would you TTP that too? Where's the line, Fasty?

It's not about taking the piss everytime.

This is where you lack good judgement. I have no problem giving and taking- you know that. But you could have used your common sense; since you obviously don't like the idea and have no use for it, leave the thread. Pretty easy.

That said, it took you one whole reply to pretty much degrade it into a piss taking contests. The idea has come, gone, and is now dead. I'd appreciate it if Regs simply nuked it altogether now.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Entertaining stuff lads...
I'm not sure if Fasty's suttle insertions of "Dude" in his Daily Telegraph articles are as clever as Dude pretending to have a heart and is soft toward young retards??? :rolleyes:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
What would you do if somebody posted something like a fundraising event for cancer? Would you TTP that too? Where's the line, Fasty?
There's the line. Why not compare Father Christmas to Mussolini next? And I lack good judgement? You're posting fcuking human interest stories on takethepiss.com. Head shaking competition, your turn.

It was never a pisstaking 'contest' because you won whatever contest was going with your first post about kids playing netball. I just wish your initial post had been a pisstake. That would have been golden.

You're right, I should have left it and wish I had, I'd have loved to have read more sickly nonsense written by spastics for spastics. Christ.

Here you are.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness: I am actually soft towards you, even if you think I'm pretending.

Fasty: you must have me on your buddy list...serious case of postgating going on here.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Fasty: you must have me on your buddy list...serious case of postgating going on here.

A). Dunno what a buddy list is. If I did, you're right, you'd be the only one on it. Seeing as we obviously go way back. 2). Postgating? Right. I take it you're the first honours graduate from the Crazy-Dazza school of TTP? Apparently I follow you about and spend my entire life on TTP despite the fact I live in the world's most exciting city (Aberdeen) and everyone seems fascinated with my wonderful, pretty unique story. Yes, excellent stuff, he's taught you well. Felicitations. What's next? Threatening e-mails? Wreaking havoc? Ringing the boss? Well, one out of three ain't bad for a start.

A dose of reality would be better for your blood pressure.

Or how about a nice story to make you smile?

Given the fact my Mum died of cancer your ridiculous and unfounded accusation is almost insulting. Isn't it a good job ttp is taken with a healthy dose of salt chez casa Fastshow? Feel better for knowing that? Look, we're sharing like proper new-age men. I'll bust out the candles if you bring the insense. Sorry, apparently that should be incense.

No one should have the kind of power I possess. Seriously. You might like to consider putting a sensitive-new-age-type warning on your human interest threads in future so I won't hurt your fcuking feelings with my hardcore pisstaking. I'll leave you to suss where the pisstake is in that sentence.

I'll finish this with a lovely little olive branch as you clearly think humanity's gone up the spout...... might be a revelation of sorts and all....... Fastshow's a character, sometimes in 'real life' (outside TTP to you) I talk about things that have made me feel good about life.

Obviously I make sure there's never anyone about when I do it mind you but all the same........

Hope you get this far down my post. It's rather long innit?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is TTP (the website) lacking leadership? Has it come to the point where the mantra "use your head" is thrown out the window? And there's noone around that gives a toss?

Someone please tell me what I should do to get this thing back on track. I'll do the opposite and then maybe someone can write a 'feel good' story about it.

Or we can all just sit around and be fcuking drama queens :(

Whichever.

~Regs.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Losing all sense of perspective.....

Regs said:
Or we can all just sit around and be fcuking drama queens :(

~Regs.

Well, for starters it would help my cause if you'd give me back the Liza Minelli box-set I lent you last summer after the sauna party on Davie above Numbers. And the Yves St. Laurent Touche Eclat I lent you was completely empty when you gave it me back after the Mardi Gras event in English Bay.

It's not good enough, Regs.

Keeping on topic; Liza's marriage to David Gest. Such a shame, he had a lovely collection of cravattes. Very tasteful.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ugly
Author Unknown

Everyone in the apartment complex I lived in knew who Ugly was. Ugly was the resident tomcat. Ugly loved three things in this world: fighting, eating garbage, and shall we say, love.
The combination of these things combined with a life spent outside had their effect on Ugly. To start with, he had only one eye, and where the other should have been was a gaping hole. He was also missing his ear on the same side, his left foot appeared to have been badly broken at one time, and had healed at an unnatural angle, making him look like he was always turning the corner. His tail has long since been lost, leaving only the smallest stub, which he would constantly jerk and twitch. Ugly would have been a dark gray tabby striped-type, except for the sores covering his head, neck, even his shoulders with thick, yellowing scabs. Every time someone saw Ugly there was the same reaction. "That's one UGLY cat!!"
All the children were warned not to touch him, the adults threw rocks at him, hosed him down, squirted him when he tried to come in their homes, or shut his paws in the door when he would not leave.
Ugly always had the same reaction. If you turned the hose on him, he would stand there, getting soaked until you gave up and quit. If you threw things at him, he would curl his lanky body around feet in forgiveness. Whenever he spied children, he would come running meowing frantically and bump his head against their hands, begging for their love. If ever picked up he would immediately begin suckling on your shirt, earrings, whatever he could find.
One day Ugly shared his love with the neighbors huskies. They did not respond kindly, and Ugly was badly mauled. From my apartment I could hear his screams, and I tried to rush to his aid. By the time I got to where he was laying, it was apparent Ugly's sad life was almost at an end. Ugly lay in a wet circle, his back legs and lower back twisted grossly out of shape, a gaping tear in the white strip of fur that ran down his front. As I picked him up and tried to carry him home I could hear him wheezing and gasping, and could feel him struggling. I must be hurting him terribly I thought. Then I felt a familiar tugging, sucking sensation on my ear- Ugly, in so much pain, suffering and obviously dying was trying to suckle my ear. I pulled him closer to me, and he bumped the palm of my hand with his head, then he turned his one golden eye towards me, and I could hear the distinct sound of purring. Even in the greatest pain, that ugly battled-scarred cat was asking only for a little affection, perhaps some compassion. At that moment I thought Ugly was the most beautiful, loving creature I had ever seen. Never once did he try to bite or scratch me, or even try to get away from me, or struggle in any way. Ugly just looked up at me completely trusting in me to relieve his pain.
Ugly died in my arms before I could get inside, but I sat and held him for a long time afterwards, thinking about how one scarred, deformed little stray could so alter my opinion about what it means to have true pureness of spirit, to love so totally and truly. Ugly taught me more about giving and compassion than a thousand books, lectures, or talk show specials ever could, and for that I will always be thankful. He had been scarred on the outside, but I was scarred on the inside, and it was time for me to move on and learn to love truly and deeply. To give my total to those I cared for. Many people want to be richer, more successful, well liked, beautiful, but for me, I will always try to be Ugly.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's it...

Dude said:
Now that's classic!
Dude said:
Jinky does know everything.
Dude, you're unreal... I've got to tell you I've been wound ever since I read your PM and you told me I needed to shake my head. Let me tell you I've written no less than 8 posts in various forms, some trying to TTP, some being serious and even a few ask Aunt Jonky's, all so I can express to you, how I think/what TTP really is because it's so obvious to me that you have no fcucking idea nor will you ever have by my words alone. So, with all that, I've come to the conclusion that you're a complete and utter tosser and not worth anymore of my time.

Thanks. I can move on now.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, I didn't. Another PM sent.

The understatement of 2004 is that I was having a bad morning yesterday. I woke up in a bad mood, started my day at the office in a bad mood, and the rampage carried on from there. I also stated in that PM to you that I overreacted.

I had my whinge yesterday morning, but I've since let it go.

Saint

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
The understatement of 2004 is that I was having a bad morning yesterday. I woke up in a bad mood...

At least you woke up.

It is with great sadness that I pass on news of Saint’s death.

Saint, who for the past decade had worked tirelessly as a charitable organisation in Vancouver, New York, Delhi, Edinburgh, Beijing, Urumqi and most recently London, died at his home on Thursday morning but went on to record a remarkable 53% on his language exam later that day. Mr. Saint was, and is, twenty-eight.

Friends, admirers and Fastshow sent flowers to Saint’s Islington loft on Thursday, little suspecting that the philanthropist was busy correctly placing the subordinating marker “de” in a variety of highly complicated mandarin sentences.

“He sure doesn’t speak Chinese like a dead guy,” Song Laoshi told the student newspaper.

Savouring his success over a post-examination pint, Saint revealed the secret of his stunning linguistic performance: “When you’re dead, you’ve really got something extra to prove out there.”

Saint, who is to lead a moment of silence for himself, wore down the examiner with lyrical precision and rapid-fire responses, quite remarkable for a dead guy.

Death is no stranger to Saint, whose first obituary appeared four years ago. In the years following his first death, he gave generously to many charitable causes, including a fund dedicated to preserving erroneous dates on memorial plagues. Mr. Saint is survived by his wife, Mrs. Saint, who died in a Norwegian fishing accident in 1963.

I don't understand this thread at all.

CDK was right.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Re: Re: Requiem.........

If anyone would like the above post explained, I will be conducting TTP's Introductory Piss-taking for Beginner's tonight. The eight-week seminar will begin in the parking lot of Guildford Town(e) Centre this evening at 18:00GMT (sharp!) and is free to all members of TTP, including pets.

Bring sandwiches.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts