Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Golf Tracks 2017

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah @oldtimer Talking Rock is just a bit too far to squeeze in but gorgeous.

@cascadesoccer i went downhill fast for first rounds of the year

First 2 rounds were windy, last two I was tired and lost my swing. Fought it hard.
Having said that we did play the blues all courses for a bit more challenge.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMG_0800.JPG Just got back from two nights in Kamloops. Hotel 540 downtown was a treat. Great rooftop pool and hot tub with corner bar, highly reccomend it. Played Talking Rock Saturday, great course, perfectly maintained with some picturesque holes. Shot a 101, normally I'm in the 90s but some first hole jitters didn't help. Kamloops Golf and CC Sunday, the smoke came in and it wasn't the best day for air quality wise. Wide open course, pretty tough to lose a ball. Just a standard course in my opinion definitely not one to make a trip out of like Talking Rock. Finished with a 96.
Off to Kelowna to see some family next weekend, sounds like a round at Gallaghers Canyon has been set up.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys should change this thread to Kamloops Golf Tracks 2017.

And go hang around with The Rob and take pictures of grass fields.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ha Ha - Too right.

Played the Chateau in Whistler yesterday.
My first time.
Very scenic and a nice course.
They had us on the cart paths though for holes 1-4 and 18.
My only knock on Whistler in general continues to be the fact that every time I seem play up there the courses have an * and some holes you're playing almost winter rules...

Shot a 112...:meh:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played Big Sky, Chateau and Nicolas North about a month ago. Big sky was scenic and I enjoyed it, greens were really slow which meant you could score well. My brother wasn't a big fan and he's big into golf, he was really disappointed. I played well which has a tendency to mean I have more fun but I was the only one in the group that said they would play it again next time in whistler.

Chateau I absolutly hated. Unforgiving, mountain golf. Couldn't take the Cart onto 6 different holes. I like to walk golf courses but always cart on golf weekends. Having to take the bag off and walk over and then walk back, strap up, Just irritating. Not a big mountain golf guy and we had to wait on every hole, just a bad experience.

Nicolas North was the stand out course for me, well maintained and very playable. I'm not good enough to be massively punished every single poor shot, which for me is what mountain golf does.

Overall a great weekend and a perfect,
place for a golf weekend.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ha Ha - Too right.

Played the Chateau in Whistler yesterday.
My first time.
Very scenic and a nice course.
They had us on the cart paths though for holes 1-4 and 18.
My only knock on Whistler in general continues to be the fact that every time I seem play up there the courses have an * and some holes you're playing almost winter rules...

Shot a 112...:meh:

I had my career round there earlier this summer...69...and yes that was 18 holes
7 birdies and two doubles...doubles both of the par 3s on the front 9...

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back on topic...the Kamloops Golf Tracks 2017....just got back, played Kamloops Golf Club, just an OK course, fairways and greens were so-so and the sand traps were terrible, shot 90, next day played Tobiano, great lay out terrific fairways and greens," target golf " at its best, shot a 90 again but played much better than the day before, finished up at Sun Peaks, a real disappointment after playing Tobiano, front 9 real tight and back 9 more wide open, shot a 94, weather was great, air quality good considering what's going on, the airbnb we staned at at Sun Peaks resort was fantastic, great for 8 guys and poker and beer!!!

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played Fairview mountain in Oliver on the weekend. It's my go to course when in penticton/osoyoos area. Course in really good shape, greens at the top of their game rolling real true and fast, however not rock solid where nothing can hold on them. 7000+ yards from the tips is something I like too as it tends to bring out a couple long irons that stay in the bag quite often. The warm up facility is also top notch with 2 chipping/pitching areas up to 60 yards each, a 230 yard range and large putting green. Range balls are part of the green fee. $95 bucks tee off at 9 am for a Saturday I thought was fair for the quality of the course it is.

I've also played nk'mip canyon in this area (it's alright) but heard osoyoos g+cc is a good option?

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played NK'Mip (or however you spell it} last year, I thought the fairways and greens were awesome, one of my favourite courses, would, and definitely will, go back

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did NOT golf in Kamloops today.
Golfed Talking Rock in Shuswap, just outside of Kamloops.

Here's what #15 looks like typically with a view over Shuswap Lake and what it looks like this Summer.

IMG_9069.JPG

IMG_9068.JPG

A wee bit smoky up here

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts