Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Golf Tracks 2016

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sun is shining, The Masters is on, so its time to bring out the sticks. Let us know where you are playing, course conditions, your score:eek::arghh::arghh:, or anything else golf related

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
12 of us heading to the Island next week, playing Morningstar, Storey Creek, and Crown Isle. Anyone play these? Comments? first time for us. Also, heard they are punching the greens today at Morningstar...we play there next Thursday, is that enough time for the greens to recover or will they still be bumpy?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
12 of us heading to the Island next week, playing Morningstar, Storey Creek, and Crown Isle. Anyone play these? Comments? first time for us. Also, heard they are punching the greens today at Morningstar...we play there next Thursday, is that enough time for the greens to recover or will they still be bumpy?

Played them all years back, crown Isle was my fav at that time but it was still fairly new. Hopefully still in as good a shape.

If I recall Storey Creek is a tighter track with old growth trees on most holes, Crown Isle is a little more open but more water and trouble.
Don't remember Morningstar so couldn't have been too impressive. I think we played it first on our trip and we usually setup a "starter" course to get things going on the first day.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golden Eagle south always to start the year. Makes me feel bester knowing the first round of the year was my lowest. After that I shoot high. I'm value golfer. The more shots the better bang for your dollar

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well what do you think???:oldman: :)
Not sure. I got a good 30 years to go. But from seeing it first hand across from me at denny's one morning I seen some old dude flip a table when he was asked if he wanted the senior breakfast. Pride factor!

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure. I got a good 30 years to go. But from seeing it first hand across from me at denny's one morning I seen some old dude flip a table when he was asked if he wanted the senior breakfast. Pride factor!
I'm past the pride factor thing...take any break I can get...I got mad at my hair cutter place, I asked what age the seniors rate was and she said 65....still got to wait for that:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
http://www.takethepiss.com/gallery/albums/3rd-annual-ttp-golf-tourney.19/

http://www.takethepiss.com/gallery/albums/2nd-annual-ttp-golf-tourney.13/

http://www.takethepiss.com/gallery/albums/1st-annual-ttp-golf-tourney.2/

full

:)

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

played all of them on last summer's golf tour. well worth the trip. Storey creek is a treat and Crown Isle was the best condition, (we stayed right on the course which was nice, but condos/houses which as opposed to trees and nature of Storey Creek). A sneaky good course i would suggest playing is Pheasant Glen, (i rated it ahead of Morningstar which i've never enjoyed likely cause it manages to beat me up everytime).

this year's trip is the Kootenays: St.Eugene's Mission, Wildstone, Trickle Creek, Bootleg Gap, Copper Point, Eagle Ranch and Greywolf...can't wait!

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're also staying at the Crown Isle resort...hoping they have big enough rooms..golf in the morning, then a BBQ then poker afterwards!!! What's not to like!

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played and stayed at Sandpiper a couple weeks back for the first time, rather enjoyed it and would go back again. Course was in great shape considering it was March, and I managed to shoot a decent 90, which I was surprised with considering the tall timber/OB. Greens were fast as well.

I've also gotten out on Point Roberts and Green Acres in Richmond. PR is cheapish right now, $31 CDN but you know what you're in for, little booze, and aside from the tee box and greens, they don't water the fairways. Right not it's fine, but in a couple months it will all start browning. Green Acres was in good shape, $35 for the round and was fairly enjoyable, not extremely tough, but a decent track to start getting the rust off. Can't remember what I shot at either place

I'm doing a cross country road trip come August, and plan to swing the sticks in every province at least once. Any recommendations?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beautiful day for first round of the season and a good start with a great bunch of guys.
43 -37 for an 80 on Golden Eagle South.

image.jpeg

Might want to wait a few weeks to play there.
Surprisingly dry but they haven't done much for manicuring. Bunkers still have winter grass tufts in them and haven't been raked yet. Rough is long and they haven't cleanup the grass clippings and old leaves so balls that should have been found just off the fairway weren't found sometimes.

Still nice to get out and play and sit on the patio for a few.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0