Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Golden Boot Winner

Golden boot Winner?

• Michael Owen

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Thierry Henry

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Ronaldo

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Gabriel Batistuta

• David Trezeguet

• Raul

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Hernan Crespo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christian Vieri

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other/None of the Above.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's an easy pick really Seedy.

Will one of these six or seven players win the GB or will it be any of 400 or so other players?

What was the name of that Russian who scored five or six goals in one game in '94?

Was it Selenko?

Maybe the Rangers supporters on here could tell me as I believe they were the team who rushed out and signed the one - hit wonder to a lucrative contract which never paid off.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Bati magic or what?

Can whoever voted for Batistuta explain to me how he's going to win the golden boot while planted on the Argentine bench? Crespo's starting not Batigol. I just hope y'all picked him in the pool. Go Holland:rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Jinky

What was the name of that Russian who scored five or six goals in one game in '94?

Was it Selenko?

Maybe the Rangers supporters on here could tell me as I believe they were the team who rushed out and signed the one - hit wonder to a lucrative contract which never paid off.

Yeah, it was Oleg.
I remember when he signed, he couldn't play for a month after signing due to diahrrea.
Fcuking diahrrea......flake.
Was it '94?
I can't remember which 9 in a row season it was.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Henry

Plays on a solid team, but is questionable to be fully fit... I'm going with Argentina's solid little #10 (not Madonna) Ariel Ortega...:eek: I just think they will win the whole thing and Ortega's pace could prove unstopable... Batistuta is warming the bench for now, but don't count him out just yet he may still notch a few crackers of his own...

over the top

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
golden boot!

hey zenga,

I agree Vieri has a good chance of winning but never count out an Argentinian player. Or in this tourney there can easily be a surprise player!! After all, Italy are a very defensive team with great counterattack but defense first; there fore it may be a little difficult for Vieri to achieve this title(golden boot).

:p

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over the Top for being such a defensive team, Vieri scored 5 goals in 5 games in 98 no?

Battistutta will not even start for Argentina so if I had to pick one of them its Crespo.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over the top=clown

you guys respected other nations and gave credit instead of always claiming to know it all because you are Italian you would the receive more respect

So if this was true why did I vote for Henry to take the golden boot.

There are a handful of teams that can take the cup as there are many players to take the golden boot.So i guess it's alright that you and your Croat buddies can cheer for Croatia but we can't cheer for Italy:confused:

I respect any team that qualifies for the World Cup!

Zenga

Batistuta will start,he's too dangerous to keep on the bench,he scored 4,I believe the last friendly they had.

over the top

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
be careful!!

hey mr haliday, be careful who you call a clown:D !!!
this just shows the ****iness of a person who can't have a normal discussion. gotta start with the little insults eh!!!

over the top

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
just another note.

taking things out of context is one thing but i don't think that was my message. By the way, I don't know about my other Croatian buddies but after Croatia, Italy and Brazil are my two favourite Nations to win even though it may be hard to listen to my wop buddies brag for the next 4 years:p !!!!

Chikerinyo, relax

Slav

Mar 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not just saying this cause I'm Croatian, and he's a Croat too. But I honestly do believe Davor suker will get it again. He will get it because he is so damn confident that he will do it, and you just got like that about any athlete.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chikerinyo

Theres only one guy that calls me that which I haven't seen in a while.The Ukranian Sausage prank calls still to this day make me laugh evertime I think of it.

The clown remark was only intended to get you going.

I do agree their are alot of crazy patriotic WOPS on this site but as their are patriotic Croats,Limey's,Portuguese and so on,thats the beauty of the World Cup.

I know Italy has a little place in your heart seeing all the food you would consume at our houses;)

Willingdon Cub alumni.....great team!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For your amusement

Here's some off the cuff goalscoring guesses for le coupe de monde

Trezeguet 5 (Clinical finisher, rarely misses)
Vieri 5 (Zenga's right, when he's fit he's unstoppable)
Ronaldo 4 (He's back but Brazil goes out in the quarterfinals)
Crespo 4 (Argentina's main man)
Raul 4 (All-world, would be tops if the Spanish could turn it on for
once)
Somebody else out-of-nowhere 4

Owen, Henry, Batistuta and several others at three

Slav

Mar 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I don't think anybody from France has a chance of winning it. Because they have so many players that can score for them. If you look at most of the other countries, most of the goal scoring focus will be put on one player. France on the other hand have a few players that can score for them, and as a team I don't think there is player on there that has more focus on him then any other.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shite!

Damn you Slav, you're right. No worries though I've got lots of time to change my pick in the WC poo...Doh! It's the afternoon of the 29th! Hey, maybe Tonya Harding's friend is available to pipe Henry's knee. Then DT would be the focus of the French attack. What's that...he's in jail? Doh! Well then, I guess I've just gotta find me a redneck dumb enough to do it. Hey, I know! Any of you FVSL guys got some spare time?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts