Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Get To Know Your TSS Rovers: Vaggeli Boucas

AFTN

May 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get To Know Your TSS Rovers: Vaggeli Boucas

Vancouver Whitecaps Residency alumni Vaggeli Boucas heads to TSS FC Rovers on the back of a successful sophomore season with Trinity Western University Spartans in Canada West.

TWU led the way in their conference for much of the season before being pipped at the post by UBC Thunderbirds. Boucas played, and started, in all 16 of the Spartans regular season games last year, grabbing one goal along the way, in the 1-1 draw with UBC in October, and one assist.

Boucas joined the Whitecaps Residency program in September 2012, after a successful time as captain with Surrey United in the BCSPL, playing one season with the U16s and two with the U18s, clocking significant minutes and rarely missing a match.

Boucas made 25 appearances in his first season as a Cap, starting all those matches and adding one goal. After moving up to the U18s for the 2013-14 season, Boucas made 24 appearances during his first year at the older level, netting one goal, but it was in his second season with the U18s that he started to come into his own, making 31 appearances (29 of them starts) and adding a further goal in what was an excellent season for him.

Boucas’ career stats with the Whitecaps Residency program were as follows:

Vagelli-Boucas-Residency-appearances.jpg

After graduating from the ‘Caps Residency program in the summer of 2015, Boucas had the opportunity to head to the States for a scholarship at one of the smaller NCAA schools, but he decided to stay local, heading back to his hometown and Trinity Western.

That allowed him to still train with the Residency players where possible and hopefully catch the eye of the WFC2 coaching staff along the way. Playing now for TSS this summer will allow the 20-year-old to do that further.

Boucas was named the Umbrella Academy supporters group’s U18 Player of the Year for the 2014/15 season and made one appearance in the PDL with Calgary Foothills last season, so knows a little as to what to expect in the league this campaign.

Vaggeli-Boucas-Vancouver-Whitecaps-U18-Player-of-the-Year-2014-15.jpg

Read Further on AFTN.ca

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that I've been able to find but certainly recognized a few faces shown at the launch party and there's some players in this group.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel as old as RF in saying this, but I don't tweet. So, I'm asking you, to ask somebody who may know somebody to please advise. It's like the telephone game.

lfc4

Sep 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love the fact this is Canadian, and even better, local kids.

I am a Liverpool fan, full stop. Past that the only stuff I like to watch or follow is something I have a personal connection to. Don't know Vaggeli past the fact he was obsessed by soccer cards at one point. But he is a Langley and TWU kid. So I care and look forward to checking out Swangard way before I would drive 5 minutes from my house to watch faceless WFC2 at MAP (Unless Mark Village ever gets a sniff....)

Another TWU and Surrey United alumni that is in the mix is GK Andrew Hicks. Been with Langley for a couple of after school seasons. Great keeper, better person.

Hope this is a huge success.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah ND has a guy playing for them as well. Played 4-5 games with us this year and an ND kid out of the caps program, Patrick Izett. Loads of talent on the kid, a little ways to go between the ears and some of the smaller things but he wants it and is a good kid. You could see from practice one just the way he moved and his talent he has the ability to be better then just a VMSL player. Hopefully this gives him a chance to further his game and bring it to the next level somewhere.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
The PDL has been slow with registering some of the players it seems, so although they're all signed, they can't put up the full list yet till the final registrations are through.

In no particular order, here's the guys who have been fully registered. I'm going to be running a profile every day on AFTN at 6pm of a player till the season kicks off.

Vagelli Boucas
Andre Baires
Aidan Bain
Marcello Polisi
Karn Phagura
Kerman Pannu
Mamadi Camara
Ryan Dhillon
Jin An
Patrick Izett
Daniel Davidson
Tak Tasaka
Michael North
Chad Bush
Matteo Polisi
Joel Waterman

Mix there of Caps Residency grads, SFU, UBC, TWU, and a couple of VMSLers.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The PDL has been slow with registering some of the players it seems, so although they're all signed, they can't put up the full list yet till the final registrations are through.

In no particular order, here's the guys who have been fully registered. I'm going to be running a profile every day on AFTN at 6pm of a player till the season kicks off.

Vagelli Boucas
Andre Baires
Aidan Bain
Marcello Polisi
Karn Phagura
Kerman Pannu
Mamadi Camara
Ryan Dhillon
Jin An
Patrick Izett
Daniel Davidson
Tak Tasaka
Michael North
Chad Bush
Matteo Polisi
Joel Waterman

Mix there of Caps Residency grads, SFU, UBC, TWU, and a couple of VMSLers.

Tak & Jin were playing regularly on the Rino's Tigers Premier team last season as 16 years old. They obviously took some lumps (individually and as a team), but Tak stuck with it and was on the Div 1 Championship team this year. Jin jumped to Columbus this season and unfortunately another relegation, but hopefully fortunes change with TSS.

I assume those 2 are the youngest on the roster? (both 1999 born)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
'99 born is impressive, but I can see it. I see the maturation process my son as a 99 has gone through- physically and mentally- in his chosen sport (competitive cycling), and, along with his teammates the same age or even slightly younger, not only compete at a high level against experienced me, but frequently are on the distribution end of the punishment.

Back in the day playing in open men's, we'd see the odd young kid come through the squad, typically either graduating from metro, or playing up. The raw physical abilities were always impressive, but what I personally saw was how much better they were coached than we were- or so it seemed. All I remember when I was 16 was running on pure testosterone, never thought too much about the process, just competed as hard as my body would allow. Sometimes great results, sometimes colossal crash and burns.

The real good and focused athletes at that age tend to take huge leaps and bounds in maturation and development. It's kinda awesome to watch.

Keep rolling out the player registration confirmations as well, I'm waiting for one or two names to pop up there that I've been told have been signed.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweet! We can finally pas out some public congrats to that wee little shite Connon Hildebrandt and his bag of dicks dad @utah !

Connor was ALWAYS hanging around the park when we were at Langley together. Learned how to play quarters while watching us after matches, then came home from elementary school one day with a pocket full of coins...and a later call from principal to mom.

As LFC says, great player, better person. Can't wait to throw a bag of Johnstoneville Brats at him.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0