Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Get To Know Your TSS Rovers: Connor Hildebrandt

AFTN

May 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get To Know Your TSS Rovers: Connor Hildebrandt

It’s been quite the year so far for Connor Hildebrandt, and he’s hoping to add to his successes with his first season in the PDL with TSS FC Rovers.

Hildebrandt has been a pivotal player with Aldergrove United on their way to winning the Fraser Valley Soccer League (FVSL) Premier Division title, and a first FVSL League Cup for 30 years.

Hildebrandt was the joint top scorer on the team, and runner up to the FVSL Golden Boot, with 14 goals during the season in the league, including two hat-tricks, two goals in the Soccer City Cup, and one goal in the Pakenham Cup.

All of that saw him named the FVSL Player of the Year last week.

FVSL-PoY.jpg

Now he’s hoping to emulate that success with TSS Rovers.

Hildebrandt played his youth soccer with Surrey United in the BCSPL, winning the U16 Provincial title with the team in 2012, alongside TSS teammates Vaggeli Boucas and Joel Waterman.

His play with Surrey saw him become part of the Vancouver Whitecaps Residency program in 2012, joining the U16 set up, but he never played a match at the USSDA level for the team, going back to Surrey United, where he ended up playing VMSL Premier with the Firefighters in the 2014/15 season.

The last couple of seasons he’s been playing under his father Rob with Aldergrove United, and the team have a first Provincial Cup semi-final showdown with VMSL Premier Champions Coquitlam Metro-Ford Wolves in their sights right now.

You can see some of what Hildebrandt can offer TSS in his 2015/16 highlights video below.

You can see Connor, and the rest of the TSS Rovers squad, at Swangard Stadium this summer. The Rovers home opener is on Friday May 12th against Lane United. Season tickets cost only $70 for seven PDL matches and a marquee friendly. If you haven’t got yours already, then click HERE to get your season or individual tickets. #SupportLocalSoccer

Connor-Hildebrant-2017-8-1024x767.jpg

Read Further on AFTN.ca

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't wait to see the wee little shite in action.

Congrats again @utah. You didn't fcuk him up despite your best efforts!

I kid emoji.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like we've all said - Watching him at the park at 5 years old we all knew he would be a player.

Congrats on your deserved success young man.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the PDL should merely be a stepping stone - hope it is for some!

If the CPL happens, a bigger stepping stone. Without, it'll still be a real outlier, stand out performer at this PDL level to move on to the Big 3 in Canada. USL or MLS. Still....glad to see guys still chassing a dream.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the CPL happens, a bigger stepping stone. Without, it'll still be a real outlier, stand out performer at this PDL level to move on to the Big 3 in Canada. USL or MLS. Still....glad to see guys still chassing a dream.

Canada needs the CanPL for many many reasons. I am reading it will start with just 6. Has to get a healthy 10 quickly, and settle around 14? Hopefuly a semi-pro regional league below each CanPL exists as well.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did we ever get an answer on whether or not Connor will be getting the chance to try and lead Aldergrove and the FVSL to their first ever Provincial Cup or if he is away on duty for TSS this weekend?

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's going to be away in Calgary this weekend. Checked with the TSS guys this morning.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's going to be away in Calgary this weekend. Checked with the TSS guys this morning.

Wow...

2pm kick off in Alberta Sunday, any chance Aldergrove go with a late Sunday KO time at home to try and fly him back? Now THAT would be commitment!

Reactions: GoF

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps they play Friday night in Aldergrove? Would that allow him to play?

Would really suck for Aldergrove to miss their star striker in the provincial semis. Westside is def beatable and Aldergrove has a great chance to make FVSL history.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brutal if that's the case. You'd think the squad would want to work with the player on this, potentially only two more matches, and great experience to be gained.

I know it is PDL, but Provincials should be considered a big deal.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I gave you a "You Bastard" for that, well earned, even though it wasn't really an answer to the question.

More for nostalgic reasons, how did Peg do that year? I seem to remember they were very stacked back then. If I recall correctly, Slovan FC was the remaining power in the FVSL, as I think Surrey United had just left, along w/ (I think) Surrey FC. They changed leagues around that time, IIRC....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was our first BC win. A very young Clarkey made his adult debut during the run (16 years old).

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0