Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gay & Lesbian Marriages

Should gay & lesbian marriages be legalised?

• Yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • If it helps the Dewdney Dudes come closer as a team, why not?

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, it's apparently a highly controversial subject these days and I wasn't going to bring it up for discussion here on TTP but since Rex asked here, I thought why not? :D

So, are you in favour of legalizing it or not? Personally, I'm on the fence on this one. Actually, strike that... I'm not about to state I could go either way :rolleyes:

So I say "no". Keep the definition of marriage as it is. All this talk of equal rights, human rights, etc. is making my head spin :rolleyes:

Other opinions?

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I Side with Regs on This One

Do what you want to do in the privacy of your home or bedroom, I even think that two people that are living together in a relationship should be considered common law and have the rights of any married couple out there.

Marriage is something that is between a man and a women, period, it is not between man and man or women and women or man and dog or woman and sister or man and car.

If marriage is opened up to what ever certain groups of society want, then where do you draw the line on it.

Perhaps I will be labeled a bigot because of this view, and perhaps I will look back on this as people that lived in the 50's and 60's look back on their views towards people of different colour in that day.

Tough call on this one, but where does it end, I just got engaged to my cat "Whiskers", we should get all the benefits of any married couple now.

HOS - Meow

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't the real question, WHY WOULD ANYBODY IN THERE RIGHT MIND WANT TO GET MARRIED?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now you've opened a can of worms.

Until I have the time to get into all the reasons why, for now I'll just say an emphatic YES.

~Left-wing pinko.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let people do what people want to do. It comes down to nothing except what one's preference is in life. Some agree some disagree. No one has the right answer for life's bigger questions. This is what makes humanity so ineteresting and diverse.

Let Gay/Lesbian marriages be legalized. Then subject them to the same laws as every other married person. Tax them to death as a married couple.

No pulling out when times get rough!!!! :D :D :D

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It makes no fcuken sense.

I just don't understand. I was tought about Adam and Eve not Adam and Bruce...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Gotta admit though that the thought of Eva and Ursula is rather, erm...., well, you know :D

Why can't I have 2 wives? Can anyone that voted YES give me good reasons why not w/o contradicting their current stance on the issue at hand?

~Regs.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the reason gays want to get married, other than a joyous trip to the wedding planner, is because they see it as another roadblock to acceptance being removed.
If they felt more accepted in society, they probably wouldn't have to bother with challenging everyone's comfort zone ( in this case..the term marriage)
Really , its just another legal term that further defines what already exists for gays...recognition by the law that they have a spouse.
No big whoop for this cowboy.
Oh, and those religious folk who think the term marriage is their's, or God's , or whoever's...it has become a civil / legal / secular concept that cannot be preserved for what they want it to mean.
Homophobia is still alive and well.
There's so much more to worry yourself over in this world.

speaking of the cowboy, who was your favorite village people member, and what ttpers would star in a village people tribute?
:D

TheRob as the Cop?:p

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts