Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gary Bettman

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't BELIEVE that nobody has jotted this tool down as a Wanker!!
Just take a lookie-loo in the Province today at such comments as:

"We're sorry..." and "We promise, we promise, that we're going to fix it"

Why has someone not creamed this little puke yet is beyond me!! :mad:

striker14

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you happened to see the National last night on CBC, Bettman did an interview with Peter Mansbridge in a town hall type format, taking taped and live questions from across North America. He responded well and generally did a good job of showing how out of whack the revenue split in the NHL is with the other North American professional leagues. There's no denying that his ego is massive, but he represented his case pretty well last night.

On to Bob Goodenow tonight...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the power said:
If you happened to see the National last night on CBC, Bettman did an interview with Peter Mansbridge in a town hall type format, taking taped and live questions from across North America. He responded well and generally did a good job of showing how out of whack the revenue split in the NHL is with the other North American professional leagues. There's no denying that his ego is massive, but he represented his case pretty well last night.

On to Bob Goodenow tonight...

So, in otherwords, he talked in circles and told us sh*t we already knew...gotcha :rolleyes:

striker14

notbuyingthebullsh*t

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll admit, he was fairly convincing. This was his best effort in explaining the owners concerns and standpoint. He came off less dink-ish than in the past.

However, there was one funny exchange (which TSN almost touches on):

Peter Mansbridge: "So if the union called you today, would you be prepared to talk?"

Gary Bettman: "Yes. We are ready to negotiate at any time."

PM: "So why don't you call him?"

GB: "uuuuuuhhhhhh . . ."

:D

Then he went on to talk about sober reflection, etc. But Mansbridge did well with him there.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly.

They should be trying to resolve this stuff every single fcuking day. Are they not still being paid right now?

Then again, collective bargaining is apparently an "art form" :rolleyes:

~Regs.

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
if anyone here owned any kind of business you would all expect to make money.

i find it hard to sympathize with the players in this lockout as salaries are way out of line and the NHL has really suffered as a result.

the Canucks, for example, had their chance to do something in a very small window of opportunity while their key players were under contract. do we really think Naslund or Bertuzzi will be back when their contracts are up? under the current system, someone would drop a whack of money down in front of them and off they'd go to play elsewhere while the Canucks claim they cant afford it. its an all to common situation we have seen over the years in Edmonton & Calgary.

i would like to see a system like the NFL adopted to bring a kind orf parity to the league where all teams at least have a chance to win. because barring a cinderella type playoff run, there are only a few teams in the league that can win the Stanley Cup

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts