Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL vs VMSL

Do you think, if run properly, the valley can become competitive with the VMSL?

• Yes

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmmm

No that's not who I was thinking of, but obviously whomever it is, I think I need his help as well :D

What the fcuk is his name? Something Robbins or another... you know, the guy that's screwing that Langley guy's ex-wife... Tony? Yeah that's it!

GEUSC is also in need of Tony Robbins.

Now answer my frickin question please!

~TBwhohopestowinRUFCsraffle.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nicely done

DWMC,

First of all, welcome to TTP...

Secondly, your post was fine but you did screw up. No way in hell can you compare the FVSL to the VMSL. Retract what you said and all will be fine here in the TTP community...

~TB. :D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now answer my frickin question please!

Don't get snarkey now.

GEUSC - Golden Ears United Soccer Club. How could you not know that?

Who is this Tony Robbins?:confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too easy

Snarkey. I like that :D

You should post it in the Big Words - WTF? forum.

~TB.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DWMC,

Regs wrote,

Retract what you said and all will be fine here in the TTP community...

Whatever you do, don't retract this statement. He's a VMSL guy, he thinks he's tough.

I remember your team. I think we played you in the first round of Presidents cup last year out in Maple Ridge. That would be great if you could get some guys posting. There needs to be more banter here. Judging by your last post, you must have voted yes in the above poll? It's nice to hear about the difference, or lack thereof, from someone who has played in both leagues.

TR.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC Raffle

Regs,

Did you say you hope to win the RUFC Raffle? Well my good man, I hope you win the RUFC raffle too!
I mean check out the banner at the top of each page.

Look a the quality of the prizes: 2 air canada tickets, a night in the Molson Suite at GM PLace for 8 people, ample supplies of Molson's finest, Canucks tickets, fleece jackets, Golf shirts, sweatshirts, hats, gift certificates and so much more.

A chance to win all of the above, PLUS 2 FREE Beverages the night of the draw.

Yes my friend I hope you win too.

But I digress .... let's talk soccer.

Willy
AFailureAtTheArtOfSubtlety

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What has the FVSL ever won

Nothing other than a FVSL cup.

I don't think a valley team has ever won a cup, except mabey during WW1 or WW2 when all the Vancouver lads were off fighting, and just the farmers were left playing.

Surrey U. made it to the B.C. final a few years ago, but they were heading to the VMSL the following year.
Other than that rare case a FVSL team does not get by the first round of cup unless they play another FVSL team or an Island team that has to travel.

Maybe try entering your all-star team in the B.C.'s this year for a shot.

HOS~:p

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't argue with that, but consider the source. This is coming from a keeper, who calls himself Hands of Stone ( for good reason I might add. ie: Italian tourney final ) A keeper who said he'd love to play in the BSL, and chickened out everytime he was called upon. A keeper who hasn't played a game in his life in the Valley. A keeper who admitted to me, during their first round provincial game, that he was impressed, and scared because they were only winning 1 - 0. Come out and play a season in the Valley HOS.:rolleyes: Then we'll see.

TRwhoisgoingtopunchCJinthemouthrightnow!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A tear to my eye...

...except mabey during WW1 or WW2 when all the Vancouver lads were off fighting, and just the farmers were left playing.

HOS,

You're coming up with some real beauties :D

I'm still laughing at that one...

~TB.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TB's Trash talk

TR:

This site is bad for business. What the hell!

That game out in Maple Ridge was a disgrace, and one of the beefs I had w/ FVSL last season. We had one week's fukcing (is that the right TTP way to spell that?) notice of a goddamn cup game! I know everyone else had the same problem, but we'd already told all our players the schedule showed Thanksgiving off. We had 5 starters and a keeper we pulled up from the U-16 gold team! Plus, that ref is the league's worse. We ended up getting all the red / yellow cards overturned, but had to pay a $75.00 fine for walking off the field. It was not meant to disrespect you guys, but more about protesting the league for having such little foresight in scheduling. It looks like they've fixed the problem, and we get Thanksgiving off this year.

BTW: my knee still gives me troubles from that tackle from behind by one of your big midfielders.

Don't worry...I won't be retracting my statement. If I've interpreted some of this banter correctly, Rag plays for the mighty Peg...owned and financed by SYSA- a Valley Club!

A FVSL team will go far in the BC's sometime in the near future...I say w/ in 3 years. Too much youth and talent for that not to happen. Currently, the balance of power is held by VMSL teams with aging veterans. The Valley has more talent coming up through the pipe.

DWMC- signingoffsoIcantryandmakesomemoneythismorning.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I says Pardon?

Who's Rag?

I will say one thing though... your comment regarding aging vets in the VMSL has not gone un-noticed by this aging vet. I share the same thoughts but had never thought of it in those terms, ie, the valley has a lot of youth and may win the provincials in years to come.

Not in my time however, and I think I'll stick around for a few years more :D

~TB.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Point Grey?

The only thing going on on Thanksgiving weekend is nationals... No FVSL teams there I'm afraid

No Div 1 VMSL teams either, last I checked.:)

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe if we got the byes into provincials like the FVSL... Last year all the FVSL teams lost in the first round... Would they even have qualified through the Imperial Cup? Hell, even when we were a Div 2 team and got to provincials we won at least one game:p

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Point Grey!

Point taken Kurgan. That was my lame attempt at a piss take.;)

DWMC,

I didn't want to bring that incedent up. Don't worry, we didn't take any disrespect from it. We probably would have done the same thing. As for your knee, it wasn't me, I was in net that day.:)

TR.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup Supremacy

Regs,

Sorry...slip of the key. Although, judging by some of your posts, you seem to be on the Rag at times :D .

Let's not forget that neither a VWSL or FVSL team won this year. The best team out of the FVSL- SC Rangers- got booted in the first round by the eventual champs from Victoria. Didn't they beat mighty Peg in the finals as well?

The VMSL boys will take offense to this, but the Fraser Valley (including Coquitlam) has been producing excellent players for a LONG time. More and more younger families are moving out here due to the cost of living, and the desire for more space (exactly why I did). There are more new clubs popping up, and some very good coaching. Also, with Surrey and Langley being the fastest growing communities, the shift in power is only inevitable. For example, my son will likely grow up playing for a club such as SYSA that has a built in feeder system to the FVSL. TR: isn't GEU structured the same? I just know the shift will happen a lot faster than most think.

I'm saying it here, now: a FVSL squad will make the semis in the 2002 Provincial Cup.

That's my take. What do you other FVSL Lurkers think?

DWMC- whodidn'tmakemoneytodaybecausehe'stoobusysurffingttp

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

Things are structured the same in our club, however, with Pitt Meadows United going to Allouette this year, a lot of the younger players may choose to go play there. Our club has already lost some quality players to this team, which is unfortunate but what can you do. I'll give this to the Allouette guys, they recruit like hell. From what I understand, they have some old VMSL guys playing with them this year. Mabye Regs can verify this. Apperantly Arnie Myers(?), Mike(?) Sullivan(Sully), and a couple of other guys have moved out there. Gary Corr is coaching.

Well now I'm just rambling on.:) I agree with every point you've made Dude. Your bang on with the young family needing space stuff. There is no doubt in my mind that we will be much more competetive out here in the near future because of this. Semi finals by 2002? Isn't that next years provincials? Let's hope it is GEUSC who does it.

You mentioned that you don't play on Thanksgiving this year. Have you recieved any sort of Schedule, or have they just told you, no games that weekend? :confused:

TR.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup Games

R:

Apparently the FVSL brass has decided the Thanksgiving Games were too much hassle, given the amount of formal requests they had for postponement (including from our squad). Personally, I'd rather have it off as well, and schedule the Cup Game on a weekday evening. There are enough field with lights now that they can make it happen.

Are you sure it is Gary Corr, and not his older brother Darren coaching? I shudder to think of the end results with Gary in a position of being a "Positive" role model for the younger players coming up.:p :cool:

For the record: any team that does advance any rounds in the Provincial Cup will be either SYSA, Poco City (err...ex-Metro Boys), Langley SC, or GEUSC. Poco City in the very near future, SYSA & Langley after 2-3 years. I don't know enough about the other club's development system to give a fair opinion, but I throw in your club because it has the numbers. Also because I'm sucking up, but I digress...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you sure it is Gary Corr, and not his older brother Darren coaching? I shudder to think of the end results with Gary in a position of being a "Positive" role model for the younger players coming up.

Positive. I played against him in summer league this year, and spoke to him about it. Darren used to be involved with PMU but hasn't been for awhile now.

Did Langley United buy a premier spot? They had a team in Div 1 last year, but they finished mid pack, and didn't get promoted.

Regs,

Have you heard if the guys I mentioned above are coming out to the Valley? I anxiously await your reply.

TR.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts