Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Rumours, News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing SAFC’s premier side have lost their stand out central midfielder from this spring to a unknown Division 3 side. Jason O’Hara will be a significant loss to their middle of the park for this fall. Looked to be a key player for them in the final this spring against Thomas Mills side PMO.

Jimmy likes Elaine.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another unnamed SAFC player has left for the VMSL as well.

This is juicy information! Sounds like this SAFC club is falling apart! Who left their club now?????

Can’t see them competing in premier with significant losses to their squad before the season starts. From dark horse to bottom of the table?

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loving the banter on here, yes Jason O’hara will be playing for Langley United Impact in D3 of FVSL. Yes a loss to anyone’s team, have filled the hole however. Secondly I know they have their roster is set. Everyone signed. So if someone has said they’ve “left” SAFC its come from not making the team after preseason training and saving face by saying they “left”.

Out of respect for Abbotsford I couldn’t see them saying that. They are a solid group of guys, hard working and committed to Abbotsford United. That’s what will make them successful.

Let’s leave PMO alone about obtaining or not obtaining players. End of the day it’s the players choice themselves what they’d like to do. No ones holding a gun to their heads.

GL to all the premier teams this fall. Should be an exciting season with all the new faces within the premier division.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loving the banter on here, yes Jason O’hara will be playing for Langley United Impact in D3 of FVSL. Yes a loss to anyone’s team, have filled the hole however. Secondly I know they have their roster is set. Everyone signed. So if someone has said they’ve “left” SAFC its come from not making the team after preseason training and saving face by saying they “left”.

Out of respect for Abbotsford I couldn’t see them saying that. They are a solid group of guys, hard working and committed to Abbotsford United. That’s what will make them successful.

Let’s leave PMO alone about obtaining or not obtaining players. End of the day it’s the players choice themselves what they’d like to do. No ones holding a gun to their heads.

GL to all the premier teams this fall. Should be an exciting season with all the new faces within the premier division.

I’ll presume you’re somehow related to SAFC as you know quite a bit about them it seems!!

From what I’m hearing is their team isn’t as good as what was first presumed! Sounds like they have a D1/2 line up playing in premier............. that’s never worked goodluck.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What has happened to a once large, successful club of the FVSL? Westcoast FC lost their Prem team a couple years ago and now their Div. 1 team folds too. Are the Black Knights really their top tier team? Sad

LaFlamaBlanca

Aug 24, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
What has happened to a once large, successful club of the FVSL? Westcoast FC lost their Prem team a couple years ago and now their Div. 1 team folds too. Are the Black Knights really their top tier team? Sad
It’s the way football in this province has gone. Very few teams have been able to consistently compete and have top tier clubs for multiple player cycles. Generations of players have a good run and once they move it has become difficult to continue to compete at the top level. Look at the top clubs over the past years. Coastal was absolutely rubbish for years until the merger with North Delta which 6-7 years ago were always a top 3 club in valley. Port Moody was always hanging around the middle of the pack until a recent transformation and reinvigoration (that not being the fat man) Abbotsford has been reincarnated several times and has now found a solid foothold to compete at the top. Surrey United got out of the valley as fast as convenient and when they lost the competitive edge they had for so many years in Vancouver they came crawling back. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them move back into the VMSL as the sheer size and numbers in youth program will allow them to eventually compete with the top teams in the province once again. Langley has had nearly two decades of relative success but may finally be going through this similar problem as the transition from youth to men’s has not been as smooth as was hoped. Also with university teams giving less freedom to players after the season ends it can become difficult for some teams to continue successful programs. Case in point Aldergrove provincial cup finalist three years ago to folding the season after.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For Langley this would be a third complete re-tooling since 2003. They have been hugely successful for that whole spell.

I haven't spoken to anyone at Langley for a while, but my impression was that aside from Keeper they had a strong squad. I'm curious about that spot, with Hicks and Colton moving on.....

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

No HPL feeder team, no real major ties to any of the Uni/college teams it made it hard to find players once the older guys moved on. Like how Abby has a great connection to UFV, Langley has TWU right there, and then Surrey and Coastal are both big clubs, and hav larger catchment areas to pick from. Moody has a good youth set up without HPL mainly down to Sulentic, that does well introducing U18 players into the mix from my understanding. Possibly they also have/had some ties to SFU.

The golden ears bridge also made it easy for guys to get to that side of the river, then Metro-Ford being right on the other side of the Pitt river doesn’t help the matter either.

Just my opinion

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
No HPL feeder team, no real major ties to any of the Uni/college teams it made it hard to find players once the older guys moved on. Like how Abby has a great connection to UFV, Langley has TWU right there, and then Surrey and Coastal are both big clubs, and have larger catchment areas to pick from. Moody has a good youth set up without HPL mainly down to Sulentic, that does well introducing U18 players into the mix from my understanding. Possibly they also have/had some ties to SFU.

The golden ears bridge also made it easy for guys to get to that side of the river, then Metro-Ford being right on the other side of the Pitt river doesn’t help the matter either.

Just my opinion

LaFlamaBlanca

Aug 24, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Valley League was better and possibly more competitive with the Westcoasts/ Golden Ears and Chilliwacks of the world. Sure had a better feeling of pub league, muck it out for results and smash pints after in the heat of winter. Nothing like playing under the lights in the piss on grass in Albion or driving an hour and half to hang out with the dump rats and get kicked until you were black and blue in the Wack. Hell even The swamp at John Oliver was more fun then the current 5 constants and 3 year to year randoms at the league discretion.

LaFlamaBlanca

Aug 24, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn’t agree more. With the abundance of quality local teams and the current and upcoming generation of men’s players
lacking loyalty to clubs if you lose a batch of quality players it is difficult to maintain competitiveness. It sure is a shame that amateur football has followed the path of professional ranks and that who has the money has greater ability to attract quality and win.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The worst part about this league for all levels is can u really only post 1 week of schedules. fcukin bush league. Espically in masters. Guys have lives and they post week one and that's it. Sort it out ffs.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We it does that's true but on schedules it says we play in one place and under the standings parts says we play somewhere else. Is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts