Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Rumours, News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF. I don't know why the league allows a Div. 1 team to refuse promotion. @Rangerforever, all your fault.

Seriously, it is.

But also seriously, I don't get it. The league holds the hammer here. In the open divisions, they can mandate it, or send the squad back down to the bottom of the divisions to work their way back up. The team would likely lose most of their players, and it'd fall apart. Can't leave a team in one division to keep winning it without promoting them. It's quite a bit different in Masters, where you need a lot of collaboration, but not so in open.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ND team in Div1 would get smoked in premier. The quality difference from premier to Div1 in the valley is massive. It would water down the division so much and ruin that teams “fun”. The top players on the ND squad are going masters from what I hear.
Yes they should be forced. But it honestly would just make valley premier worse overall. There is already a massive gap between the top 4-5 and bottom 3 teams.
If the division keeps getting weaker, more top players will jump to vmsl. Every year the league loses its top players to VMSL.
Baldisimo the latest.
Gindo, Daniel Davidson to name a few over the last two years.
Let alone the internal chippings off other valley teams. The top players from Westcoast went to Pomo and they folded. Now it’s Chilliwack.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ND team in Div1 would get smoked in premier. The quality difference from premier to Div1 in the valley is massive. It would water down the division so much and ruin that teams “fun”. The top players on the ND squad are going masters from what I hear.
Yes they should be forced. But it honestly would just make valley premier worse overall. There is already a massive gap between the top 4-5 and bottom 3 teams.
If the division keeps getting weaker, more top players will jump to vmsl. Every year the league loses its top players to VMSL.
Baldisimo the latest.
Gindo, Daniel Davidson to name a few over the last two years.
Let alone the internal chippings off other valley teams. The top players from Westcoast went to Pomo and they folded. Now it’s Chilliwack.
Ya I heard Baldisimo left Coastal for Columbus did you have any influence in that one?

As for the non promotion, I disagree. You are telling me that North Delta could not compete with Van United (didn't win a game last year), SAFC who were in Div. 1, Chilliwack (who may now have folded) and Burnaby (who took relegation)? Plus I can't imagine this new CCB team being an all-star group. If they were all in the top flight together they would be competitive with each other. Mix in somebody getting points somewhere off the other "top" teams and now you have an interesting table and maybe a decent fight for that final Provincial spot.

Plus, lets be honest, Langley took a step back last year while Abbotsford exceeded expectations. It sounds like Coastal might be set up for a step backwards this year. Who knows, perhaps if ND went up they could lure over some Coastal players from the old North Delta days and make things even more interesting.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya I heard Baldisimo left Coastal for Columbus did you have any influence in that one?

As for the non promotion, I disagree. You are telling me that North Delta could not compete with Van United (didn't win a game last year), SAFC who were in Div. 1, Chilliwack (who may now have folded) and Burnaby (who took relegation)? Plus I can't imagine this new CCB team being an all-star group. If they were all in the top flight together they would be competitive with each other. Mix in somebody getting points somewhere off the other "top" teams and now you have an interesting table and maybe a decent fight for that final Provincial spot.

Plus, lets be honest, Langley took a step back last year while Abbotsford exceeded expectations. It sounds like Coastal might be set up for a step backwards this year. Who knows, perhaps if ND went up they could lure over some Coastal players from the old North Delta days and make things even more interesting.

Hearing “Van United” Temple Van from last fall has separated from temple entirely. Bringing some scraps from Guildford FCs side from VMSL Premier. CCB is going to be a very young but will have limited experience.

If ND had gone up there were players ready to leave coastal fc’s premier side to play for North Delta again. It wasn’t a maybe. It was going to happen.

SAFC red bulls competed this spring in a tough division, played a certain someone’s premier side in the final and lost 1-0. They may not be the best team in the FVSL premier division but they’ll currently compete with the top half of the table.

To confirm chillwack fc premier open side is what was mentioned previous. From all accounts I’ve heard their team has folded due to losing their heart to another side in FVSL premier division.

FVSL premier division will be super interesting to watch unfold. Langley united, Abbotsford united, PMO, Costal and Susc clearly have the advantage. With from my view SAFC as the sleeper. Van U and CCB at the bottom of the table. In reality there should be another team in premier. To bad to hear about chilliwack fc.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF, no promotion?

Come on.

Yeah, it'll be hard. It's supposed to be a gap. No different than VMSL, hell @LION , we exchanged texts that year you went up and you were telling me about how big the gap was from 1st to Premier in VMSL, but also that you felt you were only a player or two away from being very good...then you went and proved that.

When I moved to Langley, when Wagner only brought me on because he literally had no other warm bodies, or even half dead bodies willing to play for him, it was their first year back up in Premier in some time. Fcuk, that team was awful, but the mission became staying up. Next year, with some retooling and three good additions at attacking positions (Slayner, Roxy, and Deano), we won the Pak. Year after, Premier title. And they've been winning ever since.

Sorry, @LION, but I just don't give a shite what the circumstances are of their "refusal" on promotion, they should not be given a choice. I just don't get it, why wouldn't the league simply mandate this and call their bluff. Fcuk 'em if they then want to fold their tent. Let other teams interested in promotion compete for top of Div. 1 and earn promotion. It's what football is all about.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
U guys are fcuked. It's rec soccer. Delta have a group all of their buddies some div 3 quality some div 2 and some dropped out of prem years ago. Soccer is a game of fun when u have to pay for light times and still work a 9-5. If they went up they would have to cut players and go on a hunt for new ones. Perhaps those other div 1 teams looking for a chance at winning div 1 should go out and find better players and win the league? I don't get this. Rangers did it for years they had fun and we're friends. Promote the second and 3rd place team if they don't wanna go. Who gives a shite really as long as people are playing the game they love with a group they enjoy then let it be. It would be different if they were winning the league by 10points. Also ill grow up and say congrats to lion on hanging up coaching. Put a lot of time in and had a good run. Ok loads... bottom line u should be harping at all the other div 1 teams to be better. My thoughts, don't care about yours. Hahaha.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, you're fcuked.

It's rec soccer played at a decent standard. If you are going to treat it like rec, then drop down a few divisions or actually go play rec.

"I wanna play with my buddies". Same thing 12 year old say. Rangers di it for years, probably because the execs ears at the time were bled deaf from Kenny Cormac whinging at them. They really had no choice. Kenny / loss of hearing, or allow the Rangers to have their way. You'd give up, too.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just think that you know what you are signing up for. If you win the league you go up. You know this in August/September.

This is a meritocracy. If it's only fun if you are winning every week then we are going to end up needing like 30 divisions...

So maybe you go from winning 16 games a season to 6 wins and 4 really hard fought draws. You are still getting out to training with your boys once or twice a week and playing a game on the weekend, after which you can sit around and hang out over beers or go out to the pub etc. with your crew. Is your experience drastically altered? Maybe then the FVSL should switch to how they do it in the interior where you register with the league and then are drafted onto a team like beer league hockey. Then it would be a proper "rec" league and guys could just "have fun".

I am told that the CCB entity in FVSL Prem is a bunch of kids who used to play youth together but a few went to play HPL etc. and the team broke up. Now they are back together to take a run at men's league. They will have some skill and plenty of legs, but are going to have to make the adjustment to men's league against experienced teams. It makes sense that Van Utd. would make a break from Temple with Temple moving to VMSL and merging with Peg. Hopefully picking up the remnants of the Guildford team that folded from VMSL Premier will make them more competitive this season. Props to SAFC for doing the apparently unthinkable a "going up". With their spirit I back them to stay up as well, though they are likely an early favourite for most red cards this season so they will need to ensure discipline issues do not hamstring them.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
By what uR saying cfb should start in div 4 then? Why do they get a pass if we all follow rules and think we should follow rules so much. Earn your right no?

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And dude u didn't have buddies at 12 either. If delta went up they have guys who arnt near a caliber of play for prem so why should they loose out on their fun and get cut and where do u find prem players. I dunno seems your all a bit to worried. Soccer for life. As long as people are playing. Perhaps with all the time u have u can search the lower mainland and find them like 6 prem players then. I wouldn't have the time.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By what uR saying cfb should start in div 4 then? Why do they get a pass if we all follow rules and think we should follow rules so much. Earn your right no?

I agree, but as you know a billion ways around this loophole, such as buying a spot, or slotting in squad B for squad A. What's the difference? When you are the execs and teams are flat out refusing promotion, you are now tasked to finding squads that actually want to move into Premier, and hopefully have assembled a squad that can hang in.

Soccer99

Not Bright
Aug 13, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
if teams are going to refuse promotion how can you blame anyone for putting ccb in premier they're not scared and actually want to play against the best teams. ( those of you sleeping on them are in for a surprise)

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fact that a team can win their division two years in a row and refuse promotion both times is crap. You could argue one time that you win the league and your going to lose players so you shouldn't go up, but fool me once... They are clearly the top team in Div 1 and should thus be able to compete with the bottom teams of Premier.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fact that a team can win their division two years in a row and refuse promotion both times is crap. You could argue one time that you win the league and your going to lose players so you shouldn't go up, but fool me once... They are clearly the top team in Div 1 and should thus be able to compete with the bottom teams of Premier.

North Delta seems like a bunch a children, FVSL Division 1 is directly below the FVSL premier division (obviously). Stays down because “we don’t have the players for premier”. However they have the players to finish first in Division 1. It’s mind boggling how you wouldn’t go up and show your worth.

@NorthDeltaSC, @ChilliwackFC has folded. Step up and prove the people wrong. Don’t be scared.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also now hearing that PMO is still searching for even more players. Apparently Atleast one player who played for EDC and CCB is coming to play with them this fall.. the empire building continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts