Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier Week #7 MOTW

Which is the MOTW this week?

• Poco vs GN Sport

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • PAU vs Whalley Storm

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Delta Metro vs SUFC

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Langley vs GEU

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • N.D. Lions vs Chilliwack

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
1/3rd of the season is done (for most teams), and we certainly have some interesting results. Apparently, I need to be more 'controversial' in my posts, so I appologize in advance for insulting your team if I do so. :D Which is this week's MOTW?

Delta Metro vs SUFC (Fri., 7:30pm, JO)

Crafty's boys seem to be getting their act together now, and they must certainly be licking their chops at the potential to pad the stats this week, as SUFC makes their way onto the menu for the boys at JO. The Sikh's have some impressive individual talent, but lack the uniformity as a team to do any significant damage. Look for Delta to smell the blood left over from last weeks lump-ing, and continue the feast!

Poco vs GN Sport (Fri., 9:00pm, Gates Pk.)

Similarly, GN will be looking to stop the bleeding initiated at the hands of the Rapids last week. After being lit up for 5 last week!, they couldn't have asked for a better opponent this week, in Poco. This team would have trouble scoring in a whore house these days! Also, the radiation burns on the back of Star #1's neck should be well on their way to healing. ;)

ND Lions vs Chilliwack (Fri., 9:00pm, Mackie Pk.)

This one might be closer than most would think, as the Lions seem due for some luck. Look for Bekkar to lose 3 or 4 game balls into the dark forests surrounding Mackie Park with his outrageous punts, causing delays in the flow of the game, and allowing the Lions much needed breathers.

Langley vs GEU (Sat., 7:00pm, Mun. Athl. Pk.)

Lots of kicking reeeeaaal far, and kicking each other reeeaaal hard in this one I suspect. GEU looking to set things on the right road against a formidable opponent. Langley just looking to maintain the status-quo so the newly acquired avatars of TTP can continue to make appearances.

PAU vs Whalley Storm (Sun., 12:30pm, SSA)

After an impressive start, Whalley have apparently run out of gas! They'll need to find some fast if they wish to avoid embarrassment at SSA this weekend. PAU coming off their most lucrative offensive game last week, and looking to do it again!

Vote and comment at will......

~Skip

Previous MOTW honours:

#1 Poco vs Delta Metro
#2 Langley vs Poco
#3 PAU vs Langley
#4 GEU vs Poco
#5 Langley vs Chilliwack
#6 Chilliwack vs GN Sport

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Metro vs SUFC delta to win this one 3-2, SUFC to be a little stronger this week with their four college lads not playing until sat morn. ( I played them all for 90 mins last saturday before they played us :) )

Poco vs GN sport GN to bounce back and take three points in 2-bagel win

ND vs Chilliwack Corn dogs to have the lions breathing out of their arseholes 5-doughnut win

Langley Vs Geu Lookin for this one to get real heated as crow takes his first red for the usual late tackle from behind. Geu 1-0 Fenian with the highball of the game.

PAU vs Whalley world The Rock to put goals in like it was whalley's finest last chance to take in hot shite to Roath's pawn shop before closing time on their way to a lap dance at the Flamingo and a "back Rub" at Alleycat's

Pau 3-zip

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
studsup said:
.....like it was whalley's finest last chance to take in hot shite to Roath's pawn shop before closing time on their way to a lap dance at the Flamingo and a "back Rub" at Alleycat's

huh?? :confused:

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 7 arrives and every team has now dropped points. Great start for the GN lads who won their first four games and congrats to Langley who still remain undefeated after five.

ND LIONS v. CHILLIWACK
Unfortunately for the Lions, things will not improve for them in the short term. Missing Kris Peterson is huge for them, especially against a team like Chilliwack. The Lions will have to play their best game to date to get anything from this match and if the Wack go with three forwards from the start, this may be well and truly over by half time.

LUFC v. GEU ULTRA
Langley have pulled off some very close calls thus far to remain undefeated and will be looking to improve their performance against last years champs if they want to continue this trend. GEU showed up in the second half two weeks ago against PAU, but the sleeping giant remained firmly tucked up in bed against us last week for 90 minutes. If Langley allow these guys to get some momentum and long spells of possession going in this game, it will be their demise and GEU will take all three points.MOTW

PAU v. WHALLEY STORM
Peace Arch came back with vengance last week after suffering their first loss against GEU the week before. Whalley starting brightly but have since fallen away. This will be a much harder test for the Rock this week, but I don't see them faltering in this one unless they make the mistake of taking Whalley to lightly.

POCO v. GN SPORT
This will be a tough game for Poco this week as GN look to return to form. GN playing on the same surface as they do at home will be more comfortable this week and will look to get things going early. Poco will have to weather the storm early on in this one and the longer it remains scoreless for GN, the better chance Poco will have. Frustration may set in for the GN lads as patience, in recent years, has not been one of their strong points. Any game that GN play in is unpredictable and it really does depend on which GN team shows up as to the outcome of this game.

DELTA METRO v. SUFC
SUFC will be looking for redemption after last weeks loss and we will not take these points for granted. We will have to play exactly as we did last week against GEU to continue this current run of form and each and every player will be aware of that before they step foot on the park. Once again all three points are a must if we are to draw closer to the front runners.

Cheers

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta to beat the sikhs
Poco to beat GN
Lions to get a point from Chilliwack, with Jimmy making a unbelievable save at one end, followed buy a thunderous punt by none other than Jimmy into the lions 18 yard box, picking out Cam willmetts to nod home the tying goal with just seconds left on the clock, at which time the whole Chilliwack team runs the length of the field to hoist Jimmy on there shoulders,wich buy the way was the tsn turning point :D
GEU to beat Langley
PAU to beat Whalley in a toight one

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta to dismantle the Sikhs
PoCo to permeate the GN defence for 3 points
GEU to grind LUFC into submission
PAU to pound Whalley
the Wack to shellac ND

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions-Chilli

shel-lac or shel-lack 1.a resin usual produced in thin, flaky layers or shells 2.a thin varnish containing this resin and alcohol

wow, could be an interesting game ;)

missing kp will definately be huge for us, but it doesn't mean that no one is showing up, we are still 0-6, and we haven't been shalacked yet, but i think we will still make it a game becuase let's be honest the only thing worse than 0-6 right now, is 0-7

jtggearedupforfriday

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Lions-Chilli

joely_the_goalie said:
shel-lac or shel-lack 1.a resin usual produced in thin, flaky layers or shells 2.a thin varnish containing this resin and alcohol

it also means to defeat by a large margin smart ass.
and it worked with my alliteration scheme :D, so deal with it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley vs. GEU as the MOTW. Langley still hasn't found it's form, at least in the first 20-40 minutes. GEU is a proven squad with a below average record, trying to get back in the mix. The result of this will spice up the standings, one way or another. In addition to that, if Langley loses, we'll all find ourselves in a big bag full of dicks next Tuesday.

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

ArroyoBunk said:
it also means to defeat by a large margin smart ass.
and it worked with my alliteration scheme :D, so deal with it.

Man who knew you chilli boys were so edumacated. I mean spitting out big words like shellac. :rolleyes:

Delta will take the sikhs
GN to outscore the POCO pressure
langley luck used up on us and will fall to GEU
Whalley won't know what to do with the italian stalion and will fall
ND to shellac the Wack :wa: FIRST WIN BABY!!! :bronco:
Who needs KP anyway :(

HeyArroyobunk come early meet me in the center circle and we can play scrabble for money... :D

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Langley vs. GEU as the MOTW. Langley still hasn't found it's form, at least in the first 20-40 minutes.
I think you mean 60 :p

Oh yeah I agree with Dude MOTW definetly between these two goon squads

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Knight Rhider said:
HeyArroyobunk come early meet me in the center circle and we can play scrabble for money... :D

Glad to see you have'nt lost your sense of humour KR.

Just be careful you don't slip on the way to centre and take him out...... just below the knees. ;)

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suck it Up Football Club to suck up another defeat at the hands (feet) of the UNITED team from Delta. :)

I like the Lions...but...the weather has turned cold and all the cows in the Wack are in the barns. Soooo, I suspect the Wack will be tipping and "scoring" on the Lions like they do with the cows in the Wack. :rolleyes: :eek:

Langley versus GEU...Teddy to pull the shute??? YEAH...GEU to battle hard and this game ends with GEU Scraping out a win and the pitch looking like the battle field from the movie "Braveheart" where everyone gets slaughtered. :bronco:

Poco versus GN...defence versus offence...the best offense is a good defense and the best defence is a good offence. So who wins this one. I predict (with the wisdom of a balding red head) that the team who scores the most goals and lets in the least will win...that'showyoudebate. :wa: :wa: :wa:

PAU versus Whalley...nostalgia as I grew up in "W". I'm over it. Time to teach them a lesson (hopefully). PAU to win this battle. ;)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta to handily beat a listless and uninspired SUFC, until they wake up next week I venture to guess.

Lions to upset the Wack. That field is the graveyard of shitty performances, the Wack included.

POCO/GN. GN to bounce back. Although POCO beat Whalley, from what I saw they were just a little less unfit and a tad faster than the Storm. POCO goalie has the potential to steal the points himself.

PAU/Storm. See last game. PAU in a walk, unless they get overconfident (whats up with not being able to say ****y) and shite the bed.

Langley/GEU. Agree with all previous posts and then some. Langley to get hammered.

MOTW. Nothing all that inspiring this week, so Lang/GEU it is.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Although POCO beat Whalley, from what I saw they were just a little less unfit and a tad faster than the Storm.

Poco less fit than Whalley??? Did you notice a couple of the Whalley players out there on the field :eek: . The word fit does not come to mind. ;)

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just re-read your post, by less unfit, you meant were were a little more fit. Ok I get it.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver said:
Poco less fit than Whalley??? Did you notice a couple of the Whalley players out there on the field :eek: . The word fit does not come to mind. ;)

Agree, just not trying to be too controversial!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW?

Easily the PoCo/GN match.
Why?
My suicide pool depends on a PoCo win, that's why...

Interesting dilemma eh Sliver? ;)

COME ON POCO

:cool:

PS - The only thing that's 'toight' Cainy is your bungy....

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

Are you telling me you didn't play "the card"!?

I thought you hurt your knee.....not your brain! ;)

~S

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The knee is blown worse than LFC2 in the Municipal Oval Changeroom when Dude wants the start, but the mind is solid my good man Skippy.

Watch and learn grasshopper and have a look at next week's schedule.
A bold and risky decison to look one more week down the road, but a neccessary one to try and foil the great FVSL football minds that are Sliver and Crafty Cokcney.

Just remember Skip, your Halloween party will be that much more fun if you beat GN on the Friday night prior. ;)

Best regards and thanks in advance,

RF

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts