Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier Week #5 MOTW

Which do you think is the MOTW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright Bee-hatches, here are the match-ups for week #5. Curious to know which you think is deserving of the honours this week.

Delta Metro vs N.D. Lions (Fri. 7:30pm, JO)

Always an interesting game when it involves two sides from the same town. "The Dust-Up in Delta" should be a good one I think despite these two teams having a combined 1 point between them. In fact, this should only ensure a better game as each team will be ready to scrap for points.

GN Sport vs Whalley (Fri. 9:00pm, Mackie)

GN Sport, with 12 markers in three games have obvious offensive punch. Lighting up a normally stingy GEU side for 6 goals is impressive to say the least! Whalley are definitely in for another test this weekend.

Poco vs SUFC (Fri. 9:00pm, Gates)

Poco, who seem to be sound defensively, look to be struggling to score goals, with only 4 in three matches so far. They'll need to find the net if they are to get a result against the Sikhs.

Langley vs Chilliwack (Sat., 7:00pm, Municipal Ath.)

This will be an interesting one for sure, as Langley takes on the league's leading offensive team to date: 15 goals in 4 games! These two teams are tied in the standings, but most intriguing will be how the newly acquired ex-langley players (Slaney & McNiel?) play vs their old mates. I am looking forward to taking this one in on Saturday night.

PAU vs GEU (Sun. 12:30pm, SSA)

Have the giants awoken from their slumber?..... or will the nightmare continue this weekend at South Surrey? GEU should have no trouble getting up to play PAU, and vice versa. Millsy will undoubtedly be looking to improve the GA! :eek: , and PAU will be looking to maintain their place atop the division.

Vote, and do share your thoughts gentlemen.

~Skip

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
skippy said:
Delta Metro vs N.D. Lions (Fri. 7:30pm, JO)

Always an interesting game when it involves two sides from the same town. "The Dust-Up in Delta" should be a good one I think despite these two teams having a combined 1 point between them. In fact, this should only ensure a better game as each team will be ready to scrap for points.
I have to disagree skip. This dust up will be more… a bore at the bog. 1 point between them?!? Fcuking please, my eyes are getting heavy already. Save your gas money, have a cup of Nightquil and call me in the morning. 2-0 Delta. Some kid in white boots with both goals.

peanutbutter said:
GN Sport vs Whalley (Fri. 9:00pm, Mackie)

GN Sport, with 12 markers in three games have obvious offensive punch. Lighting up a normally stingy GEU side for 6 goals is impressive to say the least! Whalley are definitely in for another test this weekend.
The only thing stinging at GEU is their pride. Whalley, with the Tassoni (butchered spelling I’m sure) bros. up front should light up GN. I’ll go out on a limb and say they win by a field goal.

? said:

Poco, who seem to be sound defensively, look to be struggling to score goals, with only 4 in three matches so far. They'll need to find the net if they are to get a result against the Sikhs.
Haven’t seen either side yet. But it’s certainly not a big enough game to earn Skips title as MOTW. Yawn… 2-1 Poco

Mybrotherssistermothersdaughter said:
Langley vs Chilliwack (Sat., 7:00pm, Municipal Ath.)

This will be an interesting one for sure, as Langley takes on the league's leading offensive team to date: 15 goals in 4 games! These two teams are tied in the standings, but most intriguing will be how the newly acquired ex-langley players (Slaney & McNiel?) play vs their old mates. I am looking forward to taking this one in on Saturday night.
Ah ha.. now we’re talking a good game. Chilliwack, by all reports, seems to already be in mid season form with 15 goals in 4 games and handing teams their lunch at home. Good thing for Langley they play a 7. :rolleyes: Fitness, quickness, skill and leadership will guid the Langley track club through this one. My guess is a toight 2-1 win. Certainly a MOTW candidate if it weren’t for the 4 hour flight and 20 min. shuttle ride to the park.

That guy said:
PAU vs GEU (Sun. 12:30pm, SSA)

Have the giants awoken from their slumber?..... or will the nightmare continue this weekend at South Surrey? GEU should have no trouble getting up to play PAU, and vice versa. Millsy will undoubtedly be looking to improve the GA! , and PAU will be looking to maintain their place atop the division.
MOTW! PAU wins this I go 100% on the record as saying they will finish in the top 10. Tremendous effort boys. I’d like to know what Guinness did to have the rest of PAU not talk to him anymore? Did he shag someone’s missus? I only ask because I would have thought by now someone, anyone… would have told him he has a giant spider in his head. Skip, you’re the Captain. Take one for the team.

If GEU want to win this H-Dog and bertrum need to put phone blocks up at every KFC restaurant with–in a 20 Km radius of Millsy’s place. Chances are they’ll also need to remove the popcorn popper and butter from his cabinets. No one knows better than you guys, but to be safe I’ll remind you to be careful going in. He bites.Everything.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nicely, nicely, nicely KNVB, a better cnut not has there been.

Delta vrs Delta. I am going to have to go with Delta Metro here, they need the points and quite easily could have more than they have now. 3-1 metro

GN vrs Whalley. Whalley is deflated and now know what they lack....experience. GN is on fire lately and will put them away early, 4-2.

PoCo vrs SUFC. PoCo is a more physical team and tough to beat but SUFC may be more talented. In the end, PoCo will want it more and prevail 2-1.

PAU vrs GEU. PAU needs the points to stay on top and they have the talent to win yet GEU will not roll over, they are desperate for points and will come out punching, kicking and scratching. Millsy to steal one 2-1.

Langley vrs Chilli. Certainly my MOTW, both teams are tied, both can play fast and physical and they know each other very well. It should be a good match-up, Chilliwack can put the ball away but haven't played on turf much, Langley can put the ball in both goals and are having fun playing together. Sorry, no predictions here.

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta vs us
Lions are ready for the first big win against the members of our former club. I hope those sidelines aren't to slippery... ;)

GN vs Whalley
Gotta go with the storm, i've been a fan since i was a wee lad

PoCo vs SUFC
tough to call poco didn't look very strong against us and i hear SUFC is playing alot better. Ima say POCO as they are the veterans

PAU vs GEU
GEU without a doubt. PAU used up all their fairy dust in taking the game on friday. Plus they seemed to have lost some of their grit, as they go with what seems to be a younger faster lineup (unless they just played those guys against us) I think the golden boys will beat up on them until they get a goal. 3-1 GEU

Langley vs Chilli ---who Cares :eek:

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
my vote goes to Langley v Chilliwack- this game will go a long way in determining who'll win the league.

Skip said:

But the goals we do score are spectacular ;) , just ask Millsy.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I
If GEU want to win this H-Dog and bertrum need to put phone blocks up at every KFC restaurant with–in a 20 Km radius of Millsy’s place. Chances are they’ll also need to remove the popcorn popper and butter from his cabinets. No one knows better than you guys, but to be safe I’ll remind you to be careful going in. He bites.Everything.

The only blocks bertrum is going to be seeing this weekend are the roadblocks at Cowboys. :wa: I think GEU will take this one as long as they stay away from flying beer bottles! :eek:

Sliver said:
But the goals we do score are spectacular ;) , just ask Millsy.

Sliver, indeed, heard your goal was one for the ages. Well done. Who is coaching your crew now?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two worthy of MOTW:

Deltas: regardless of the current standings, the rivalry factors makes it intriguing. Crafty respects :rolleyes: these guys as much as the height restrictions respect Nukes at Playland (that's a good one...gotta remember that one :D ). At some point, you have to feel Delta will turn it around, go on a win streak, and finish in their usual Provincial spot, somehow. North Delta...need to prove they belong in Premier.

Langley HOSTING Chilliwack: The Slaner / McNeil factors. Perhaps I give these guys too much respect, but you have to think they've had this one circled for a long time. Both are dangerous players, as competitive as hell, and will be looking to put their stamps on this one. Langley's defense will need to show how far it's come along. No prediction, but a great match.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU vs GEU will be a battle and definately my MOTW...
As that diving midget (Nukes) put it in his post, :rolleyes: both teams need the points as GEU are STRUGGLING (without Webby no doubt) :eek: and PAU need to keep the other muppet squads chasing!!! PAU stopped GEU's undefeated streak last season and hopefully GEU don't do the same to us!!! IMHO, PAU will come out on fire and pound the snot out of the plummers from Haney... Guinness with his flash new "do-it" and our recent new secret weapon to score in a 2-0 victory!!! (please don't make me eat my words)!!!
"No-one makes me bleed my own blood"!!!

Honorable mention = LUFC vs Chilliwack...
Chilliwack haven't lost since week #1 and Langley need to prove they are the real deal this season (even though they aren't!)... My guess is Willmets will get run over early by that minivan known as Crow and will be lifeless... Nukes will dive, play dead and his accussed will take a yellow... Dude will be cheerleading from the bench again (personally I'd have Dude start this match)... Fenian to take a red for his third elbow/chop of the half... That plonker in the middle (I think his friends call him Hildie?) to do nothing again!!! ;) Becks to change his boots 5 times... Well you get the picture, loads of events but nae goals... 0-0 for PAU...

Lions over Delta in a grudge match.

GN to hump an over achieving Whalley side!

Poco to pound the Sikhs.

I'm never wrong, just not always very accurate... Cheers

BTW, our outside left mid is better than Surrey United's big daft twin!!! ;)

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta vs Delta:

I think Delta will win

GN vs Whalley
GN are playing some good football (not that I've seen them play yet), but I think they'll run into a angry/hungry Whalley team. I'm calling a tie.

PoCo vs SUFC
Sliver is gonna turn it up another notch and score with a overhead-360-upside-down-header of a cracker to win it 1-0

Langley vs Chilli
Strikers who play against their old teams always burn them... he did that to us last year :( so I'm gonna say Slaney gets 2 goals for a Chilli win.

PAU vs GEU
This is my MOTW for sure... it is well documented that we reaaaaaaally dislike each other... they will play their usual hack-and-wack-lump-it-up-the-park-try-and-score-from-a-set-play style... we'll try to play our usual passing style... but it'll no doubt be a toight affair.

Joma007

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta vs Delta:
Both Delta Teams having a terrible start. Both teams will be playing hard, but the DMU will take this one.
DMU

GN vs Whalley
GN's team is based around their 2 forwards(the guy from india with the blue socks and some animal named mutts) these 2 are fast and can score. If whalley can control those 2 they will win this game.
Whalley

PoCo vs SUFC
SUFC go in into PoCo playing better of late and they will need to continue playing quality soccer if they even want a chance. PoCo will size an experience definately the favorites.
PoCo

PAU vs. GEU
The question here is will GEU have over come the emotional trauma of the bar beating and their sluggish start to challenge a determined PAU team that has had this game circled on their calendars for the last month. PAU to come out on top

WACK vs. LANGLEY MOTW
Chillack just dominating teams early in the season in for a real test. Both very fast and skilled teams. Langley might have a slight advantage in this one playing at home. Chilliwack destroys teams on their big grass pitch, but play like a different team on away games and especially on turf.
Langley

Hope to build from a 4 out of 5 picks last week :bronco:

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DMU vs ND
the lions will rack up their fifth loss in five games by losing this match, probably by a couple.

GN vs Whalley
seems to me everyone is giving whalley too much credit for their 3-0 start; in the wack they really looked like a div 1 team. GN to start the season 4-0.

PoCo vs Sikh
PoCo will start winning again. they're spirits will be high after they trample the red devils. PoCo by 3, at least.

GEU vs PAU
if this bar brawl didn't mess up GEU too bad they'll win although PAU has really surprised me with they're aggressive start. GEU by one.

LUFC vs Wack
the MOTW for sure. both these teams will be battling for the top spot in the league come season's end. the Wack will find its form on the turf on saturday night and come away with a convincing win. i know what the score will be but i don't want to ruin it for anyone...

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Diving....what the hell, with my low centre of gravity I have to be chopped to hit the turf. The problem is that Guiness' hair arrives at the tackle on time but the rest of his body is late, therefor, hacking a very large piece of the competition. I'm (almost) sure a new salad would alleviate this problem.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Nukes

Jealousy will get you nowhere fella!!! :rolleyes:
Put your low centre gravity rant to rest, sounds good but I think you still would challenge those French-Canadian birds off the platform for artistic impression!!!

Signing to mention: PAU have inked a convetted free agent... His name is not to be given over the international internet connection for fear of Moffia involvement and the subsiquent viscious and sickening response it may attract... Will notify TTP when safety is assured for all parties involved...

PS. KNVB is a fag balls!!! :bronco: :wa: :knvb:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yawn....

I laugh at all of you and your 'Little Fcuking World' league.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha....

:rolleyes: :D

In all due respect Arroyowhosmokesbunk, PAU 'surprising' you with their aggressive start is bizarre.
I mean really, the lack of inexperience in that side and lack of silverware amongst them (save Guinness) :D , is a bit amazing isn't it? :rolleyes:
FYI: 2003/2004 was an anomoly.
Enough of my tongue up Cainy's ass.

I would say the PAU/GEU is a top one due to it's importance to GEU and also PAU for obvious reasons, but the White Rock lads may have this one due to the recent unfortunate events and not sure how deep the boys from Maple Ridge will be, and how deep the cuts stitched over will be.
Morale could be high or low but it may have taken it's toll is my hunch.
Psychologically more devastating is the possibilty of a start from Yoda. ;)

However Arroyo, I give the nod to your match.
I shall call it "The battle of the Pogo Sticks".
Andrew Slane with his PoGo Champion 2000 vs. Ted Brennan and his Premium PoGo Master.
An excellent battle of epic proportions to determine who is the greatest PoGo Stick Champion of them all.
Unfortunately the crowd may not be as big as in Chilli, but I highly recommend LFC2 wire up a fog machine and cue the Alan Parsons Project to give a Vegas-like fight-night atmosphere.
"Ladies and Gentlemen......Leettt's get ready to Ruuuummmmmbbbllllleee!"

I'll give TheFenian the nod on this one as no one can bounce around like he does.
Well, maybe Studsup in the club is close.

Best of luck this weekend lads, ;)

RF

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Yawn....

Rangerforever said:
I highly recommend LFC2 wire up a fog machine and cue the Alan Parsons Project to give a Vegas-like fight-night atmosphere.
"Ladies and Gentlemen......Leettt's get ready to Ruuuummmmmbbbllllleee!"

Classic stuff RF :D Do visit us more often please.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DMU vs Delta Highlanders to lose this one after losin a key striker to free agency. 3-1

GN vs Whalley 2-2 Check the pitch for needles and domes.

Poco vs Sihks 2-2 draw

Pau vs Geu Pau to pull off another win to keep the streak alive with the new addition providing punch up front BJ and ??? Best Duo since the last time i went to delaney's and watched six 5 and knight rider's mom's

LUFC vs Wack MOTW

The Crow and Eddie to kick the piss outta each other. Wack 2-1 Teddy with an OG for the chilli win

Fras, that was my twin bro on the dance floor.

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
studsup said:
DMU vs Delta Highlanders to lose this one after losin a key striker to free agency. 3-1

Highlanders? Wow you know you have lost the little respect you had in premier when...teams start to forget your name. Lions buddy, LIONS remember studsy the team that you barely escaped with your victory from last friday. You know the one you throw cheap elbows at :p

Tell Your PAU Rangers i say hello :rolleyes:

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knobrider, I would have thrown an elbow at you too except I didn't see you on the park that long, Would ya smile at me next time :D :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts