Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier Week #5 MOTW

Which match is MOTW this week?

• Delta vs Poco

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Chilliwack vs SUFC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GN vs Aldergrove

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Langley vs ND Lions

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • PAU vs GEU

Votes: 24 70.6%

• Total voters

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta vs Poco

Memories of the conclusion of last year's season, and Poco's disappointing finish vs Delta, and their loss of a provincial spot because of it come to mind. Should be good.

Chilliwack vs SUFC

Looks like Chilliwack are gaining momentum, and SUFC are not. Doubtfull nomination for MOTW.

GN vs Aldergrove

Aldergrove fresh off of an offensive explosion. GN floundering. This match may be closer than one might expect.

Langley vs N. D. Lions

Another game in "the pit" at Langley. Will the Lions be able to play through the home field advantage at Brown Rd.?

PAU vs GEU

This will be a war! a "must win" for PAU, as a loss would mean falling 7 points out of the lead. (I'm not being biased I don't think ;) )

vote.......

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU/PAU

Definately a big game for PAU.
As skip said, 7 points out of first makes for a long season for the defending champs.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU vs GEU. The winge fest. I wonder who is the lucky one to get the middle of this one. It's early but the standing's will be a whole lot tighter if PAU can win this one.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta go with PAU vs GEU.....should be a great tilt...I have been bit suprised with the PAU inconsistency but I think they will come out on top this week.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree that PAU vs. GEU is the MOTOW. Both teams are proven winners, but GEU is off to a fast start this season. This one is at South Surrey, correct? Taking GEU away from their home park should be enough of an advantage for the pretty boys (less Aves and Guinness, of course) to pull it out.

As far as Langley vs. Lions: Langley's in tough, playing this young athletic squad. The Lions have come a long way, and deserve it too...great year last season, disciplined play, and proved to everyone they deserve to be in Premier. These guys are dedicated to one another, and it shows.

We're up to the challenge. If we stick to the kick and run, we'll be OK.

The vomit bag can be found in the seat flap in front of you,

Dude.
:rolleyes:

;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Broad Street Bullies vs Oilers

Obviously the PAU lads will be geared up to play the "proven winners" (I'd say proven whiners):eek: as they are top of the shop right now... It's only MOTW because the bruising, lump it up the park and run like fcuking chickens defending Champs are playing the skillful, goal scoring, pretty to watch, wee skinny bastards from GEU...:rolleyes:

I predict a toight match with little room... Definately not much flow as GEU don't like to knock the ball around, they'd rather give it to the opposition and chase the hell out of them... A few keepers being run over (well Viking being run about 3 or 4 times):rolleyes: and the given 4 or 5 yellow cards that go along with games like these... Hopefully the ref will set the tone early and not allow the thugs of the Valley get away with murder like they do at Albion... I thought Paul Ward from the VMSL did a magic job in last years BC tilt... He is probably the best ref around these days... Doesn't take shite, but will let the players talk to him and he doesn't like to stop the game every five minutes for "marginal or questionable" infractions... If we're allowed to play and the reckless hacking is not part of the match, I fancy our chances... Either way it is a big game for PAU and will impact the rest of the League if GEU begin to pull away from the pack... Time will tell...

I'm off to Whistler for some R & R... Hopefully to return fresh for this weekends MOTW...

Guinnesshittingthehottubandhyperbaricchamber...:( :mad:

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
match of the week is definately PAU/GEU. PAU need this win, although the season is still young. POCO v Delta should be good as well.

I heard that our game vs Langley may be on the new turf field on friday night. Maybe Dude or any other langley lads could enlighten us. Brown road sounds like a hole. Although we did play at Delview for a couple of years so were used to it:) .

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We don't know, and I don't think Sub or LFC know either. Red tape, it sounds like. Looks great though. I'd like to play Friday, so I have Saturday open to hit Whistler. I can't justify a day of riding Saturday, then dressing in two games Sunday.

Get on the city, hey LFC? Tell them Dude needs to ride Saturday.

Thanks.;)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC vs N Delta

Latest from the flip floppin township is Sunday at 1:00KO on the new turf. Apparently only online as of Saturday. Should have permit in hand by tomorrow so I will wait till then before confirming. Looks promising. Pictures at 11.

memyselfandi

Sep 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like one more game at Brown Road this weekend. The guy that signs off on the permits for Langley fields is on vacation until October 4th. Field looks great, can't wait to get on it. Patience. Anyways, according to the Peace Arch contingent Brown suits our game. As LFC posted - just trying to stave off relegation.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We should play Friday at Bear Creek, which would in turn free me up for Saturday.

Come on LFC...you have connections with the league- help a brother out.:cool:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Skip
Langley vs N. D. Lions

Another game in "the pit" at Langley. Will the Lions be able to play through the home field advantage at Brown Rd.?

Game will be at The new turf facility...at least from what I hear.

max power

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The MOTW is definately the PAU vs. GEU. PAU needs to come up with a win in order to keep GEU close to the pack. Better nut up Guiness.

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW

I agree witht he majority PAU and GEU is it. PAU will win though they may have had a slump as some have called it but i think that when its on the line they come to play. The league also gets to see if GEU is really as strong as they look.
(plus i voted for PAU and i need the points:) )

The Lion vs langley battle is much anticipated and i look forward to the match. I hear those coutry boys can sure play some football.;)

Runner up has to be the Delta Poco match. Has Delta got it together? Has Poco stepped it back up, a true test.

Knight Rhider hoping we get grass in Langley and i don't mean the pitch....:cool:

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WEEK 5 BLURBS

Sorry it's taking me so long, but this wrestling singlett is tough to get in and out of. I've been practicing my half nelsons, full nelsons, fukcing Ricky Nelsons, Willie Nelsons...you name it.!

Anyway, here goes...

GAME 1) This should be a good game. I've been looking forward to this one as both teams have something to prove to each other after last season. Our first encounter at home in the same fixture saw Poco kick our arse and were up 4-0 in twenty minutes. However, results in our games later in the season saw the demise of Poco and eventually eliminated them from a provincial birth. Some old scores to settle on the field with Delta taking the points.

GAME 2) I keep giving SUFC the benefit of the doubt, but my patience is worn out. Sorry lads. Chilliwack are a better team than there recent results reflect. I'm not sure if it is a confidence thing or not, but these guys need to get going. Chilliwack it is in this one.

GAME 3) GN need a win very badly. Playing on the turf should suit them, though it is not going to be easy against a much improved Aldergrove squad. GN need to be at their very best to win this and need to win some physical battles to walk away with the W.
GN by one goal.

GAME 4) Two teams with similar styles match up well here. If Langley take the Lions for granted they will get punished. The Langley train continues to roll on. The Langley boys that post on TTP should give up all this humble bullshyte about, "we're just happy to be here".. "we'll keeping practicing our kick and run game plan and see what happens"..Fukc off ! you're not fooling anybody.

GAME 5) MOTW right here. Geu have been quitely moving along week by week and still are undefeated. They are all so scared to post, just in case they burst their own bubble. Lads, you obviously are getting the job done and that's what counts. PAU will be ready for this game and need to come out of the gate fast. Very close call, but this is a make or break game for PAU and they will win this one.

Cheers

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU/PAU

I've got a feeling this one is gonna be intense.I know GEU are ready as I'm sure are PAU.This one is gonna come down to who wins 50/50 balls and who finishes tackles. In the air GEU has the advantage because they have Cainy.:eek: I'm also thinking Millsy with the new mitts and the stickum applied :rolleyes: will out due PAU's keeper. Like someone already mentioned boy would it suck to be the man in the middle to call this one.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: GEU/PAU

Originally posted by girth
Like someone already mentioned boy would it suck to be the man in the middle to call this one.

...wondering if the powers that be recognize this and send one of the top guns?

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves...the question is who do you consider a top gun? Maybe someone who gives a yellow card for a studs up tackle from behind and puts one of our player's out for 2-3 weeks.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I would much rather have a bad consistent ref than a top notch inconsistent ref who's afraid to make a call.

Hopefully they do send out someone decent and maybe some decent linesmen too, or is that asking too much of the Valley? (knvb and regs this is your opening)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts