Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier Week 4 MOTW

Which match is MOTW?

• PAU vs Poco

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Noth Delta Lions vs Delta Metro

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • GEU vs Chilliwack

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Langley vs GN

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Sikh United FC vs Aldergrove

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A tough decision this week, with some interesting match-ups, new and old. Which match gets the nod?

PAU vs Poco

Poco may have gotten off to a slow start, but you KNOW they'll be fired up to play PAU this weekend! In two years of rivalry, these teams have played to a 2-2-2 record, with most of the games (if not all) being decided by one goal.

North Delta Lions vs Delta Metro

No matter what the reps from both sides say, there's definitely some bad blood between these two sides, with each wanting to prove the other wrong. Delta bragging rights on the line!

GEU vs Chilliwack

GEU rolling along as solid as ever atop the league. Chilliwack must certainly be the underdog, but Poco may have some differing thoughts!

Langley vs GN

This should prove an interesting match. Langley's determination and new found confidence against an always formidable GN.

SUFC vs Aldergrove

The "Desperation Bowl":p Will they just agree to play to a tie?? ;)

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WEEK FOUR BLURBS

GAME 1) - PAU playing with some confidence now after their slow start and must be happy after knocking off Langley and then the unbeaten Lions. Poco seem to have problems that I'm sure Ossame will fix quickly unless they want to end up in the same boat as last year come the Provincials. Will Poco lose three in a row....No.! POCO to come back and win this one.

GAME 2) - Undoubtedly the MOTW in my book. Delta get to play the team that left their club under very strained circumstances and there is no love lost between the coaches and some of the players. Some of the players on both teams have remained friends but this is bragging rights at its best. Both teams coming off a loss this weekend that need to bounce back quickly. DELTA METRO to win this one. I hope we shove it right up their arse.

GAME 3) - Any team sitting top is always going to find it tuff to stay there. This will tell us if GEU are for real this season by not giving away the stupid points that cost them the league last year. The top teams must find a way to win. GEU to continue their run with a win in this game.

GAME 4) - After playing both these teams in the last two weeks this is a very good match up and could prove to be the game that provides the best football this week. Both teams have talent with Langley getting the edge in the physical prescence. I don't think Brown road will suit GN and so my pick for this one goes to LANGLEY

GAME 5) - This is a hard one as I don't really know either team that well and can only base it on results and gut feeling. Stab in the dark... SUFC first points of the season.

Cheers

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maki park plays host to yet another MOTW. I'm inlined to say PAu vs. Poco, but you simply can't ignore battle for Delta.

If the Lions win, we'll never- fcuking ever- hear the end of it. In addition to that, Crafty may as well check himself into the looney bin- full stop. If the Lions win, the Crafty coach will crack.

As far as Langley vs. GN: Langley's in tough, playing this young athletic squad. GN has come a long way, and deserves it too...great year last season, disciplined play, and proved to everyone else they're here to stay. A nice turnaorund after a poor showing in 2001.

We're up to the challenge. If we stick to the kick and run, we'll be OK.

The vomit bag can be found in the seat flap in front of you,

Dude.
:rolleyes:

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW will probably be PAU v. POCO. Delta v.ND is being made bigger than it should be. The only people who don't get along are the coaches. Yeah, bragging rights is great, but it wont be a "bloodbath".

PS: Crafty, you need to get over it. I know we are.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BIFFF BAFFFF PLOWWW KABLOOOEY

Originally posted by Santos_L_Halper
MOTW will probably be PAU v. POCO. Delta v.ND is being made bigger than it should be. The only people who don't get along are the coaches. Yeah, bragging rights is great, but it wont be a "bloodbath".

PS: Crafty, you need to get over it. I know we are.

No idea what you are talking about Santos... going to be a bench-clearer...

Joely... meet you at the center circle :rolleyes:

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joely... meet you at the center circle :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

There's no way Joely will meet you at centre. Much too far to run. Well maybe if you waved a cookie at him.:D

max power

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The lions vs. delta match is getting blown way out of proportion. The lions do not have ill feelings towards any of the delta players. We only know 5 of them, and apparently 3 of those 5 will not even be playing. Crafty needs to get over the fact that we left his club and that only two of our players wanted to play with him when he first got his premier spot. The lions are definately over it. The only rivalry is between the coaches, and even our coach is over it. It is only Crafty, and maybe some of his players, who are holding a grudge. No one from the lions is.

This could possibly be the most overhyped game of the year.;

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Explain this to me then...

If the Lions vs DMU game is "getting blown out of proportion", is "the most overhyped game of the year", and is "being made bigger than it should be", then why have max power, santos_l_halper, joely_the_goalie, and LION all voted for the Lions/DMU game as MOTW while no lions voted for any other game?

methinksyou'refullofshyte

the funniest quote is santos... he chirps that the MOTW is PAU/PoCo... but votes for Lions/DMU.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyways,

To be perfectly honest, I have no problem with any Lion... except Joely if he is in front of me at a buffet.:D Good guys. Had a great time partyin' after the Prez/Pak finals. After that party, I was thinking about how some of the Lions would be great additions to our lineup. I was looking forward to the next season.

Then the news...

The real shame is that you are not part of our club. You should be. I don't give a rats arse who is to blame for any conflict between our coaches. The bottom line is that all the Lion players supported the decision to separate from DMU.

That is what sucks.
That is why this game is hyped up.
That is why we want to win.

GO DELTA!!!

max power

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We seperated for the chance to play premier with the team that has been together since we were 13. Do you think we would have got this chance if we stay'd with DMU, syxfyv. I don't think so. We did what we felt was best for our team, not what was best for your team.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion Hunting

Let me set the scene...

The Great White Hunter in his quest to add a lion to his trophy cabinet, decides to lay some bait. A large piece of succulent sirloin, cleaverly disguised as a one liner in another thread (MOTW WEEK 4) has been set as a trap.
Patiently he waits and to his surprise, not one, but two young lions (AKA max power & Santos_L_Halper) wander into the trap zone looking for their free snack. Being naive and stupid, as most young lions are, they do not realize that nothing is for free and that everything has to be earned. Suddenly aware that they are now separated from the rest of the Pride, the young lions become agaitated and frightened. With their tails between their legs, manes flowing and roar that wouldn't frighten a budgie, they try to lure the Great White Hunter into the lair by throwing out malicious posts.
The Great White Hunter is way to smart for this and decides that two lions in one day is a pretty good snare.

I hope you get the moral of this story, because if you don't, all you young lions will end up behind a huge fence in a saffari park with the rest of the dumb animals.;)

Lighten up boys.!..It's only a game:D

Akunamatata (sp?) lads, see you Friday:p

GWH

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I smell fear......

Originally posted by Santos_L_Halper
MOTW will probably be PAU v. POCO. Delta v.ND is being made bigger than it should be. The only people who don't get along are the coaches....it wont be a "bloodbath".

Originally posted by max power
The lions vs. delta match is getting blown way out of proportion. The lions do not have ill feelings towards any of the delta players. Crafty, and maybe some of his players, who are holding a grudge. No one from the lions is.

This could possibly be the most overhyped game of the year.;

Sounds to me like the Lions are trying reeeaaaal hard not to wake any giants this weekend. ;)

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
oops! sorry boys...

I think I accidently stumbled into the "Saved by the bell" thread :rolleyes:

Funny stuff Crafty :wa: I knew you'd be waaaaay too cagey to bite at "the coaches don't love each other anymore" taunts! But tell me, why is it the "great white hunter" out in the safari??? There's no white people in the african plains!!!

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Runs in the family

Originally posted by Sage
But tell me, why is it the "great white hunter" out in the safari??? There's no white people in the african plains!!!

Great White Hunters and war heros is something that just runs in our family and we seem to show up in the most uncanny places at the right time to be forever etched in the history books of time.

Take my great great grandfather for instance. Today, just happens to be the anniversary of his death at the "Battle of Little Big Horn"....

Well, he really wasn't in the battle you see, he just happened to be camping in the field next to where the fighting was and as he wandered over to find out what all the noise was about, some bastard shot him... :D

Cheers

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to admit, Crafty, that was a quality post. I have truly been humbled :) . Wit unseen since the last post from the great Oscar Goldman. Good luck on friday.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts