Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier Week #1 MOTW

Which should be Skip's MOTW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So.....it begins again!

Looming, a mere week and a half away is the start of another exciting year of punishing, shin-kicking, head-butt-throwing, referee-abusing, kick-it-real-far FVSL Premier Football (The VMSL interpretation of course)

Week #1 brings with it some interesting match-ups. Which do you think is deserving of "Match of the Week" honours?

Poco vs Delta Metro (Fri. Sept. 10, Gates Park Turf, 9:00pm)

No doubt Crafty's side will be well prepared. How will Poco respond in the season opener with the leadership change in the off-season??? This is a tough one to call.

GN vs Langley (Fri. Sept. 10, Mackie Turf, 9:00pm)

It will be interesting to se how Langley will progress this season, after their 180 degree turn around last season. They won't catch many teams by surprise this season, as they have earned respect. GN's achilles heel is their inconsistency. One game they're world beaters, the next they can't beat their way out of a wet paper bag! Both teams claim to have improved themselves in the off-season.

Sikh United vs G.E.U. (Sat. Sept. 11, Newton Turf, 6:00pm)

Repeating as Champions is tougher than winning it the first time. GEU have their work cut out for them this season if they wish to achieve what they did last year. Not much known about the Sikh team with regards to their preparation. The edge would have to go to the reigning champs.

Whalley Storm vs N.D. Lions (Sun. Sept. 12, AHP Mathew, 2:15pm)

Newly promoted Whalley will certainly look to have a good first outing in the Premier league, and should give the Lions all they can handle. I'm sure we'll hear much about how the Lions are missing key college players.

P.A.U. vs Chilliwack (Sun. Sept. 12, South Surrey Athl., 2:15pm)

PAU will be looking to redeem themselves after last season's disapointment. Some new players added to the mix will change the look and chemistry. A few Chilliwack players out on suspensions for this match, most notably their captain C. Wilmets. 3 points for Chilliwack in their season opener would be a great achievement without their most influential leader on the pitch.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks KNVB, Next time, I'll try no to fukc up.

Poco vs Delta MOTW in my mind. Two well established, steady teams, always in the top half. Should be a good battle

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what you wanted then, yeah?

It should come as no surprise that I'm going with the surprise team Whalley vs Lions. Sure the Lions were 0-5 when I went and watched and sure they were 4-53 aggregate, but I think they may surprise Whalley with a surprise of their own. Surprised? I'm not. Anything is possible in the FVSL.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley vs. Lions MOTW.

These guys hate each other; Whalley has more to prove, and Skip, you nailed it: the Lions will be bitching about their missing college players when it's all through.

Until we get into the season a bit- or until the first Chutney Bowl- this is the most intriguing match-up we'll get.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip, you have set the bar very high. Your analysis of the match-ups are to a level that I don't feel that a quick pick will do them justice. I will think about it over the weekend, and watch some more tape, but must say that I am leaning towards the Whalley/ND Lions game. I hope the league has picked up on the importance and potential blood bath of this one and will be sending a crack crew to handle it.
Yes, September is finally here. Game on.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Whalley vs. Lions MOTW...These guys hate each other..

LFC2 said:
I am leaning towards the Whalley/ND Lions game. I hope the league has picked up on the importance and potential blood bath of this one and will be sending a crack crew to handle it.

I was unaware that there was some bad blood between these two sides. Can either of you, or perhaps someone from either of the two clubs mentioned, shed some light on the details and the history?? I thought that the Lions had hard-ons for Delta Metro.

Skipwantsthedirtylaundry

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They were both finalists in the President's Cup a couple of years back, plus while for playing in the Cat division they faced each other a bunch of times. A bunch of them are buddies off the pitch, all in the same age group. Added to that, numerous summer Knight's league meetings...just a natural rivalries.

Having stated that, I think LFC was TTP just a tad. He has a very dry sense of humor.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
They were both finalists in the President's Cup a couple of years back, plus while for playing in the Cat division they faced each other a bunch of times. A bunch of them are buddies off the pitch, all in the same age group. Added to that, numerous summer Knight's league meetings...just a natural rivalries.

Having stated that, I think LFC was TTP just a tad. He has a very dry sense of humor.

Tongue firmly embedded in cheek. Or something like that. As the guys can attest to, I am not famous for getting my references correct. Really throw's a curve into the pre-game chats.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?
There is going to be no blood bath. Yes we have a rivalry, but nothing that big. We are not missing many starters this year.
We have 5 starters that are going to be here at the beginning of the season that we didn't have last year. NO EXCUSES, NO WHINING. We should field a decent starting line up. But if we lose I am sure it will be the refs or something. I'll think of something, you know I will.
Lions, 3-0 ,, what!! N.D. what!!

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh boy the seasons startin and im so excited i decided to make a comeback to the site. I heard you sour cnuts missed me and that the jabber on here has grown quite dull. Don't worry boyz Knight Rhider is back to save the day.

As for week 1 in the premiership ima say Whalley vs Lions, MOTW. We have had many battles with these boys and I'm sure they would love nothing more than to have their premier in premier be a win against us. (Did I lose you Skip? Do keep up) There is no bad blood between us and them though, we be clubbin... By the way wankers last season the Lions never whined just cause half our team was missing...That excuse is dead new season new excuses. Hopefully less will be in order now that we are seasoned veterans :D

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Whalley vs. Lions MOTW.

These guys hate each other; Whalley has more to prove, and Skip, you nailed it: the Lions will be bitching about their missing college players when it's all through.

Until we get into the season a bit- or until the first Chutney Bowl- this is the most intriguing match-up we'll get.

Dude,

You got your information all wrong. we definately don't hate each other...actually I'm looking forward to having a few pints with the boys after the game. Half our team grew up in Delta with alot of lions. Definately an interesting match because I'm sure everybody is eager to see what the Storm are gonna bring to premier. Most of us have been here before and you'll all know us and hate us soon enough :D :D It'll definately be a battle and I aint got no friends on the pitch :cool:

Langley/GN has my vote for MOTW. Pak cup champs looking to build on their success against a GN team that is older, more experienced and with a Cat team now, must be deeper. I always thought when GN brought their best they could battle with the best......

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: POCO v. DELTA

For those of you interested in watching this game, the fixture has been re-scheduled to John Oliver Park in Delta for 9.00 pm kick off.

Lots of football this Friday at JO.

Highlanders 7.00 pm v. Aldergrove

Delta Metro Premier 9.00 pm v. Poco City Premier

Cheers

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To continue with the current trend, I believe the PAU / Chilli game has been scheduled for a 12:30 start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts