Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier predictions, and other discussions about whatever.

Who will win the Fraser Valley Premier League this year?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Slurrey United

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Allouette United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Slurrey City

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Delta United

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • GN Sporting Club

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Townsend Park

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL Premier

Well it is such a huge success over in the VMSL thread, I thought I would do the same here. The poll will be open for sixty days. I'm hoping for 4 to 5 votes at least.

I'm voting for Golden Ears. Why? Because that is who I play for. It should be a good competetive league this year with some very close, hard fought games. Dominion will be strong, so will Surrey City. Golden Ears, and Townsend park should fare well. Soon the valley will spawn the provincial champion.:D

TR.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sched

Sliver,

According to the FVSL website, it should be up sometime this month. You never know with those guys though. How is Dominion looking this year? I heard there are some Slovan guys playing with you now. Are they on the reserve side, or the top club?

TR.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR,

Dominion started training last week, it looks like our team is going to be pretty much the same as last year. I'm not sure who all the Slovan guys are that are coming over to PoCo City, but from what I've heard they want to play together on the Div 1 or 2 team and don't want to play on the premier side.

Is GEU losing some players from last years premier side? I hear Al Mac is playing for Peace Arch. Anybody else moving to other teams?

Sliver

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We lost a few guys, namely our keeper, Colin. Him, and his wife are having their third kid, so he left. Other than him, and Al, we're pretty much the same. Colin is a huge loss though. We are still looking for a keeper. Where is Aaron Skerr going to play this year? Mabye we'll poach him. We are desperate.:p

Who voted for Linfield?:confused:

TR.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aaron Scur is locked up to a long term contract with PoCo. I think he's slated to play with the Div 1 CAT team.

Is the CAT system that's being used in the FVSL the same system that's being used in the VMSL? If it is the same type of system there sure wasn't much debate or uproar like there was when the CAT system was implemented in the VMSL.

Sliver

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is identical to the VMSL version, but I'm not totally sure. You didn't hear an uproar, because I think most of the teams wanted it. I personally think that it is long overdue.

TR.

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I almost sure that AKAL is not in the Premier League next year .

From what I heard Surrey City is going to have a stong Premier team for next season . Delta Metro has picked up some new players & we also heard that Peace Arch United picked up some players from Surrey United Vancouver League Premier team. So it looks like the valley P remier next year should be very competitive for this season. Rob might be right that there could be one of the valley teams getting into the Provincials this years looked what happened last year one of the Island teams won the BC's last year.

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sliver

I heard we were suppose to play your team this Friday night but your coach had to cancel because you didn't have enough players did you here any thing about this.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't heard anything about a game on Friday.

We are missing quite a few players right now. We're only getting 8-10 guys out for training right now because of guys on holidays or injuries.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

TR: I think I voted for SC, but it was a mistake. I meant Dominion. I think those old boys can keep going for one or two more years!

DWMC

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
. I think those old boys can keep going for one or two more years!

Dude, I think you are right about that. I changed your vote in the poll. How has the training been going? We had a game against an over 30's team from the west coast league last night. We beat them 2 - 1, but didn't look very good.

Hey Razorbacks, don't get a swollen head. One of your two votes was from HOS, and he just did it to piss me off.

TR.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Training

TR:

Training has been going OK. We have the same trouble this time of the year as, it seems, everyone: low turnout. First week 8 guys, last 10. We'll probably get 12-16 in the rain this week. I don't think we look like much of a team yet, but we've gone through some tunover and the new tallent looks promissing. We'll get in a few games before the season goes and everything will be hunky-dory.

DWMC

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR

Gary got ahold of Mr Solk & were trying set up an exhibition against your premier team next friday night at Merkley.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious?

Some curious results in the poll above. The voting has already shattered my voting projections. However, I would sure like to know who voted for Delta, and Aldergrove. There is no way Aldergrove will win the league this year, not a chance. Who voted for Delta?:confused:

Razorbacks,

I don't think Alan will accept the chllenge to be quite honest. We are in total disarry(sp?). The only reason Yoda, and I voted for GEU is because we play there. I would like to play, but I don't see it happening. I hear you guys are in the Burnaby tourney next week. Who will you guys be playing?
What VMSL guys came over to you guys?

TR.

Now I see there is a vote for Peace Arch. Who voted for Peace Arch?:confused:

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm surprised Delta United and Townsend park don't have more votes (the reason could be that no one from those teams knows about this web site).

Last year I thought both teams were very strong and I expect they'll be tough to beat this year.

Peace arch will also be a stronger team this year after adding a few new players.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the reason could be that no one from those teams knows about this web site

Oh, they know about it, and they are out there......lurking....seeing what everyone else is up to.

What are you guys paying for registration if you don't mind me asking? We have to pay 360 bucks which is fcuking unreal. Yoda was telling me that Ronnie Amont is looking for players. Know anything about that? Might be an option because of the cost to play for GEU.

TR.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
delta united

With Sliver on the Delta United comment, Delta will be a good team this upcoming year and would not surprise if they are in the top 3 teams. Good skill, speed and youth.

Yoda,

Congrats on taking the plunge! Yoda, how come you don't play premier?

TR

How do you know Amount is looking for players, thought he just picked up 5 guys five guys from Slovan. that team will be a very good team in Div 1, could rival a few premier teams.

Skytrain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts