Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier League 2002/2003.

Who will win the FVSL Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Surrey City Pegasus

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Langley Thunder

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
going up to second division Vancouver metro?

That's a significant step down- I don't care what any VMSL player thinks. The FVSL Premier division realistically falls somewhere around the level of the better VMSL 1st div teams, and the average to bottom half of the VMSL Premier division.

That said, I can see some players making a move, for whatever reason, but Delta would never give up that Premier spot. Besides, Coach reported either here or in another tread that Delta would indeed be fielding a team in the Premiership this year.

The demise of Aldergrove and Surrey United (especially SU) is sad. You could see Aldergrove coming- that club has always been an old boys club, and despite a lot of the talent they can draw from, never took the opportunity to bring in younger or more skillful players. I saw this coming 5 seasons ago when they held "Open" try-outs, they asked a bunch of the new talent to play down in 1C instead of 1A or Premier, because the past year's 1A team (who were all fairly old) decided to play one more year instead of moving to over 30's as planned. Most of the new players in camp immediately went elsewhere.

Surrey United- very unfortunate, despite the valiant efforts of the young group they had there last season. Nothing but neglect to blame there. Sad, really. (PS, KNVB- this isn't a piss take.)

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the FVSL brass trying to attract over a VMSL 1st div team, like Indo, to play in Premier. That move could make sense; Indo was demoted last year from VMSL Premier, and likely a lot of the players reside in Surrey. It also would give Indo a better shot at qualifying for Provincials as well.

My guess is we won't really know the alignments until Sept 6th.

Fall is quickly approaching, and so is the return of the soapbox.:eek:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude Wheres My Car

Thanks for the reply and i would like to say that your relpy was excellent. I have heard people saying that the premier in FV is no good and so on, but i agree as it is the equivilent of the Vancouver Metro div 1 and bottom half of premier. I agree with you that seeing Surrey United is a dissapiontment because they have such a big club which have very skillful players, but i think that they dont care that much about the FV league.

As for Indo i dont think that they will join with any surrey team as they are going to be aiming to get back into the premier for vancouver metro, and they will have a awesome chance winning div 1.

Cheers

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta

Originally posted by star #1
thanks demolition, but then delta is still in premier this year or no?... because i heard that they were going up to second division vancouver metro?

The last I heard, was that Delta is still in premier.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo to place 5th

Bored,

Don't worry about the Snowman's beer sales, profits are expected to increase with the Cat/Prem training together:D

Reccos,

PoCo coach doesn't care about what Jack don't do, she only cares about what Jack does do ;) He will be ten times more effective than last year and should have a great year. And if he does miss a game to work committments, PoCo will have to suffer with Sliver, Kirby, Fleck(sp), Snowman and if they are really desparate they could put BJ on the pitch.

Bertrum/TheRob

Mills over Dean. Simple. But saying that Dean is a great back-up if needed. Any other new signings in GEU? And Bert to answer a question a little while back about the new Poco Players for Cat/Prem, they came from Div 1 PoCo (Slovan guys incuded) and 6 guys from outside the club (with JTL being the oldest by couple of years)

skytrainmustgotrainagainbeercandymorebeer

:rolleyes:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Voting for league champs

PAU is a good team but do they really deserve that many votes over PoCo/GEU/Delta?

If GEU and Delta played consistantly throughout the whole year you would not be able to choose a winning team/club, it would be four evenly matched teams.

skytrainvotedforGEU

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:GEU possible starters!

The new kids on the block have kick started alot of last years players. Rob Mills(keeper) Justin(midfield,striker) Brian mills(forward) Paul Trustam(defence). I believe the plans are to have the two new forwards starting so that gives things a new look up front. Obviously Rob will start between the pipes and Paul will be battling with guys from last year for starting spot on back line. Our training sessions are no shorter than 2.5 hrs(3 times per week) and seem alittle more intense than last years. All of this shuffling of players will hopefully improve both the premier and cat team.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re:GEU possible starters!

Originally posted by girth
two new forwards starting so that gives things a new look up front. .

GEU had forwards last year?:eek: Good thing GEU is thinking of replacing them with the strong front runners of TP.

Originally posted by girth
Our training sessions are no shorter than 2.5 hrs(3 times per week) and seem alittle more intense than last years.

Similar to PoCo, our training sessions are no longer then 0.5 hrs (twice a week) and the intensity to finish the beer cooler in under 2 hours has been good to see.:D

skytrainlookingforwardtoseeingifsnowmancangetabettercooler,onethatcanholdmorethanjust100pints

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give yer heed a shake

I've been laying low the last little while, partly due to the fact that I've been away fishing at Skip's cabin.........but all this talk about "improvement" in the POCO camp has made ask a question:

are you trying to convince us or yourselves?:confused:

I mean, the addition of JTL sounds great on paper, and yes he's been a quality player in the past, yet every defenceman I've talked to would rather face him than have to mark Bored. I think losing Bored and adding JTL is not improving your attack, in fact you're losing a runner/worker for more of a lazy/slower striker (although JTL is more clinical in his scoring). So personally I count that as a step back.

As for your backline, you know, the slow/overweight/lumbering defence from last year just got bigger-slower-more lumbering with the addition of Tupper..........so no, it's not an "improvement" either.

As for PAU, our already solid team from last year is back with some SWEEEEEET additions:

Defence: Just added an ex-SFU, VMSL and FVSL player who's done it all including playing in the BC FINAL..........yes, Aves has just signed on with us. Also, Big Joe Wright (AKA Stone Cold) will play with us this year.

Midfield: Ryan Grieves is back, one of the best young players in the league, along with Zoly returning, Markus coming over from VMSL and young Keegan (unbeleivable talent, kinda like Adam Costley he'll turn a lot of heads).

Forwards: No new signings, the allstars from last year are there already :D ( I know, I know Skytrain, insert slag here: )

As for GEU, I have to see it before I beleive it..........we'll see how much you've improved when the season kicks off. In the meantime, you better turn your practice up to ~5 hours......you need it!!

Sorry about the lengthy post, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

Sageout

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Give yer heed a shake

Originally posted by Sage
[

)

As for GEU, I have to see it before I beleive it..........we'll see how much you've improved when the season kicks off. In the meantime, you better turn your practice up to ~5 hours......you need it!!

Sageout [/B]
There already 5 hours long. 2 hours training and at least 3 hours in the parking lot knocking back pints.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope, that Keegan is the son of a Surrey fire captain, who is much better than his dad ever was. ;)

PAU? Do you have to have receding red hair to play on that squad? Or like Sage, perhaps some admiral patches on the scapula. Thank goodness for wax, heh Sage? ;)

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Voting for league champs

Originally posted by Skytrain
skytrain voted for GEU
Now if that isn't the kiss of death:D

Sage, there's no doubt in any of our minds that we have lost some quality players and that a championship repeat will be, to say the least, difficult.

How can any of us possibly match the amazing strides PAU have taken to insure they wrap up the league by Christmas?:rolleyes: Personally I'm thinking of calling in sick for games we have to play against them because there's just no point in trying to knock off Cainy's army.;)

Whatever.

Bring it on, bitch.:eek:

Motivated Monkey

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sage,

Thank you keeping us informed about PAU:rolleyes: we were all nervous about playing PAU with all the rumours floating around but after you post about the squad for this year those worries have been put to rest. :D

Raiguy, Skundy, Star#1

How can you think that GN Sport could win the league?:confused: They couldn't even win a scrimmage against themselves:eek:

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sage - heedshaker

Sage, keep adding fuel to the fire. We don't need the motivation but a little bit extra never hurts. I am looking more forward to the first Poco Pau game this year than I have for any game in a long time. I hope you guys have done something about your tender because I remember last year I shot the ball straight at him and he dived out of the way. If your keeper situation hasn't improved drastically it could be a blowout and an embarrassment for your lot. The possession may be close to equal but the scoreline will not.

JTL

skundy

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
skytrain,

If GN stays disciplined and the rumors of coaching changes and having the full squad out this yr are true, they will be good competitors in winning the league. There will be players missing until november because of unversity play, but if those players return they will do better than expected.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teams that do well have their rosters set in September, and don't pin their hopes on college / university players slatted to return after November. Just look at PA & Poco. Just my crude math, but there will be up to 8 games played between September and October. To be considered competitive for top of the table, you'll need about 19 points out of a total of 24 available (going by the pace set by Poco & PA last year).

Will you guys have the team you need early to get this done?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gn sport to contend for the top?

I say get out of the potato champayne! Gn hasn't had a good team in years and why would they start now? You guys are going to have to add close to 11 new starters if you want to finish above 5th. If there are only 8 teams in this league you will somehow find a way to finish 9th.:D
Honestly though you must be new on the team and the guys have told you how good they are because I call bullshite

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN

DWMC, that was a very polite question.
Skundy, I think what he meant was - "are you kidding?"
You guys will be lucky not to finish last. If indeed the league has 2 fewer teams than last year that means you will finish in last place. I can't see you taking points off Poco, PAU, Delta, GEU or Surrey. Predictions -The top four could be a dogfight, but the bottom of the heap will be GN......no ifs....expect to finish last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts